Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Suggestion Thread: Minigames  (Read 2319 times)

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
Suggestion Thread: Minigames
« on: February 17, 2021, 07:36:06 PM »

Suggestion Thread for Minigames & PvP !

Hello Sentinelcrafters!

As some of you may know our minigames set up has been stagnant for a few years now. We know that we haven't done much to bring out this part of the server, other than including some new maps or parkour. This has motivated us to look further into bringing something new, maybe more competitive into the game! And it would encourage pvping for the sake of testing their skill and not in the form that it existed on the server: Head hunting.

Allow us to present some of the suggestions we propose, and it is up to you to expand on them or add your own! Eventually we will gather your opinions into creating a more enjoyable minigames-pvp experience on Sentinelcraft.

Making use of the ranking system:

If you have ever played colosseum or wild west you will notice a number appearing on the contestants side i.e: PaulinaCarrot[1250] vs bugsy12 [1050]. This is an Elo rating system, it is used in many other games that have PvP or even chess! It is a number that gives a hint at the skill of the player (the higher the better the player). Along with the ranking it would have seasonal rewards, a season would go on for about 10 to 20 weeks. If you achieve for example a ranking of 2250, you would be a very skilled player and you would be given a special reward.

Adding new gamemodes for PvP:

So far the only gamemode we are actively using is Arena mode, you pick a class and you go in to fight. We have the possibility of adding duels, skirmishes, battlegrounds and deathmatch.
  • Duels: You can challenge players in any of the gamemodes.
  • Skirmish: Bring in what you want to fight with, you take out whatever you pick up
  • Battlegrounds: Winner is the highest kills after 1 minute. 4 teams may compete
  • Deathmatch: 2 minute event where if you die you respawn. Highest kills wins

Re-adding old minigames:

For those who were not here before, we used to have TNT Spleef, Spleef and paintball at one point. Sadly they were discontinued due to being outdated, or due to lack of resources. Luckily now we don't have those issues and can find replacements on the long run. We would also be open to any new suggestions for minigames as well as new arenas!

New maps:

If you have noticed most of our maps are built by community members! So we think adding new maps with different terrains, obstacles is also a good thing to implement in the future. We've already accepted a replacement for our current colosseum map made by banacat, that will be implemented in the near future. We are also reviewing a couple more maps for other minigames. We encourage those of you who enjoy building to build arenas, parkour, mob arena maps etc..  and submit to an SA for review. This suggestion is mostly community effort and is more of a notice that we do accept new additions to our minigame maps.

If you like these suggestions let us know by commenting in this thread! More importantly if you wish to give your opinion or suggestion be our guest!

Suggestions for game rewards are also welcome!

We look forward to reading your suggestions, reply down below.

-- Sentinelcraft Staff.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 10:13:59 PM by The Carrot »

ShadowBlade310

• Donator
  • #RoadToNotBeingAlone
    • View Profile
    • big wow
Re: Suggestion Thread: Minigames
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 02:09:17 AM »
All of these new minigames sound really fun! I'm looking forward to the the comeback of less pvp related games. I wanted to suggest the possibility of a minigame where it's just normal pvp you get a sword axe bow and a small amount of arrows and battle it out but difference is.. Mcmmo is disabled on this minigame. Usually to get a normal duel one has to go to flat and do the glitch to get into survival so I'd love a pvp game without the aspect of grinders having a big advantage
Thank You for your time.   
                                 -Shadow

Sarge_Snow

• Donator
  • Idk what to put here actually
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 10:07:52 AM »
Ok so,first of all,i've been inactive on the server but this post caught my eye.I've looked forward to see new competitive gamemodes,and especially pvp since i started playing SentinelCraft.
My big issue with the server (and the only one) was that it didn't fit my play stile a whole bunch.
I spent most of my time playing pvp minigames,and no people were interested,except for some SM+ such as Stycore.
Pvp on the server was also not really something relevant ,only headhunting.In short,SentinelCraft wasn't a pvp-ish server,even not a small amount.
This update idea gets full support from me because it contains some of the suggestions i made way earlier.

1)About the new gamemodes

-They seem great and would add freshness (seriously i don't think that colosseum,teampvp,platform and wildwest are  enough gamemodes for now),and i really like the idea to add Duels (something i suggested a while ago),as it is a perfect solution for times when not many players are filling the queues.

2)Regarding Shadow's reply to this thread.
-i totally agree with him and i think some of the people that played minigames with me (Etspiritu,General_Sand...)agree too,about the non-mcmmo gamemode.
It would be more active-skill dependant and not dependant on how much you grinded behind the scenes,and would give new players a bigger chance to win in pvp against long term players by using skill,and not needing playtime of grinding or anything related to mcmmo.
Again,i really support this idea,it would add soooo much more requirement for skill.My  suggestion for this is  that everyone gets the same kit,so you do not have to bother with ''balancing'' kits.Maybe make it versatile and make it contain ranged weapons,axe and sword all together so you do not need to make separate kits.
This would also encourage players to get better at all types of ranges,weapons and combat styles instead of using 1 kit that has big advantage against the other.

Example:
Diamond armor
Iron sword
Iron axe
bow
16 arrows
8 steak
(this suggestion abvout the loadout is not accurate,if you want me Herobrine456 and Etspiritu can help design it because we already created somewhat balanced loadout while making the non-mcmmo pvp map in Flat)

3.New maps
-I've been waiting for banacat's giant colosseum to replace the original map for a while,and i'm glad that you look forward to doing it in the near future.
Maybe add several maps for a gamemode so it's always fresh and takes different skills (parkour) to get advantage in the map each time.
Example:

If i join colosseum or another gamemode,and there can be  1  out of the total number of  maps picked for the game,each time.

(This really depends on how many community-made maps there will be,for now 1 map for 1 gamemode is completely fine)
I don't know,that's just my expansion of the new maps idea.
Adding rewards for creating said maps would encourage more players to create them.

If i get more ideas on this topic i will be sure to share them.

Axtrolon

• Sometimes I dream about cheese...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 03:42:59 AM »
Alright so, I do love the new gamemodes. But I do agree with Shadow with the mcmmo being disabled, I think the only minigame where mcmmo should be enabled is Skirmish as it's based on what you bring in and what you possess. I am very intrigued to see them added on the server.
--Axtrolon

neadithe

• Donator
  • *piston noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 04:18:17 AM »
I like the ideas here, but I want to suggest something:
A way to play minigames from flat in survival without having to relog.

Something like a command that sets your gamemode to survival and clearing your inventory. It would be very useful for testing or playing minigames in flat.
Have some choccy milk