Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Weekend Observations: Edition #7  (Read 1674 times)

evzntv

• Admin
    • View Profile
Weekend Observations: Edition #7
« on: May 03, 2021, 08:29:59 PM »
SENTINELCRAFT'S
WEEKEND OBSERVATIONS
EDITION: 5-3-2021

Welcome everyone to this edition of Weekend Observations! This thread is a weekly recap of all the major changes that have happened over the span of the last week. As always if you have any contributions/questions you can contact evzntv in game or on discord. I apologize for this edition being a day late, as school has been quite the pain with finals week. Nonetheless, lets get into the week!!

7 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

This past week, CodeJoel celebrated his 7th year on SentinelCraft by hosting a drop party at his town CODE. Known primarily for his mayorship of CODE, dominating McMMO, and killing pigmen, Joel isn't necessarily known for being the most talkative person. This didn't deter him, however, from sitting down for an exclusive interview. Here's what Joel had to say:

Ev: Congratulations on 7 years on SentinelCraft! How did you feel this years drop party went?

Joel: This years turnout was great! Never seen that many people join, in years! It's been like a tradition of mine to host it every year when I hit a milestone

Ev: It's a very cool tradition! Though I'm curious, why still diamonds for the main drop item? I know CODE's got the money for netherite now XD

Joel: I like diamonds, what can I say! I'm pretty much known for that, so I'm keeping the tradition of mainly dropping diamonds at the drop parties I host once in a while

Ev: You've been on Sentinel for 7 years, a feat that very few have achieved. Whats drawn you into staying all of these years?

Joel: One word, community. This server has the best community and that's why I've been around so long. Keeps me motivated to come online even when I'm not feeling like playing Minecraft, I still come online and chat with people

Ev: I definitely relate and agree with both of what you said. My final question is this: Whats in the future for you? Maybe another 7 years in Sentinel, perhaps?

Joel: Definitely  And what's in the future for me? Continuing playing on the server, grinding pigmen and always trying improving Code like always.

Ev: Great stuff. Thanks for the interview Joel!

Joel: Thanks for having me :)

Congratulations to Joel on an impressive 7 years at SentinelCraft!

SENTINELCRAFT AWARDS

Each year at SentinelCraft, May is filled with several annual traditions, one of which being the SentinelCraft Awards. The SentinelCraft Awards is comprised of 11 separate categories with 5 nominees each. Notable categories from this year's choices are Most dedicated player, Most annoying player, and my personal favorite: Best Server Slave. Votes will be accepted on this for the next two weeks. For more information on the SentinelCraft Awards, visit this thread: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10367

PROMOTIONS

As part of our weekly recap, it's important to recognize players who received a promotion! The following players received a promotion this week.

CasualWaffle: From Donator to Donator (Maxed out at $250)
MartisContatio: From Donator to Donator
Talonchaivari1: From Member to Donator
XzarWizrobe: From Member to Senior Member

Congrats to all who were promoted!

Roll on Wednesday (RoW)

RoW is an event that occurs twice every Wednesday. This event takes both luck and skill as you must possess a combination of both to win!

Another week here at SentinelCraft, calls for another Wednesday filled with BEEF. Morning RoW was filled with it as the game began with JoeArmageddon taking home lucky loser. The spiciness continued with Francias killing both bugsy12 and PaulinaCarrot, along with himself. Eventually Knofz was able to revive 5 players including bugsy12, EMULATOR, and Noob_Tater. The finals were conducted via an on foot ice race with PvP allowed!. EMU would get long awaited revenge on bug for this race, taking out both of them. In the end, Brenda was able to take home the victory. Late RoW began with Francias hilariously becoming lucky loser for the second week in a row. However, he'd eventually be revived twice in order to make a finals appearance. Other notable events throughout the game was Blok3y and oozma committing a staff purge, taking out Mods MHGUForPresident and evzntv, and the revival of someone from each nation (HeLiX_is_Beta from Imperium; evzntv from Shadow Realm). The finals were determined by a team boat race on ice. The sexy team, Francias and evzntv took the victory, but only one could win. After a sudden death roll-off, Ev scored his first RoW victory!

Here are the results for this week's event!

Early RoW:
1st place: BrendaxNL
2nd place: jonahhd95
3rd place: JoeArmageddon
Lucky Loser: JoeArmageddon
Host: Devereux

Late RoW:
1st place: evzntv
2nd place: Francias
3rd place: Talonchaivari1
Lucky Loser: Francias
Host:
bugsy12

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Trivia on Friday (ToF)

ToF is an event that occurs every Friday. It's a test of knowledge and speed, and the player who possesses both is the winner!

Trivia on Friday saw 2 events in the brand new venue at spawn, hosted by bugsy12 and evzntv respectively. The theme for Early ToF was iconic tv sitcoms, with the questions mainly based around The Office, Parks and Recreation, and Friends. Out of the gate, evzntv and Noob_Tater answered several questions correctly, but both faded as the game went on. JoeArmageddon would join late and eventually tie with Googl3y. The two would settle the tie via a boat race, where JoeArmageddon took the win! Late ToF was a bit less crowded, but still held a lot of fun for the players. The theme was ALL iconic tv sitcoms, even animated ones. bugsy12 dominated the competition, but was eventually frozen by ninja5132 after she answered a question correctly. Despite the freezing, bug would take home the win in a dominant fashion.

Here are the results from ToF!

Early ToF:
1st place: JoeArmageddon
2nd place: Blok3y
3rd place: evzntv
Host: bugsy12

Late ToF:
1st place: bugsy12
2nd place: Blok3y
3rd place: ninja5132
Host: evzntv

Congratulations to the winners!

EDITOR'S NOTE

This week's edition was delayed due to my finals week here at school. I again apologize if there's any inconvenience based off of that. With that being said, this time of year can be busy for a lot of people due to final exams/presentations. If you are one of those people like me, then I wish you the best of luck on whatever finals you have! There is a light at the end of this finals tunnel, and that is summer! That means hopefully more SentinelCraft for all of us :).

Thanks to EMULATOR and bugsy12 for their reporting this week!

As always, thank you for reading "Weekend Observations" and we'll see you back here again this time next week!

- Your friendly journalist Ev <3
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 08:54:56 PM by evzntv »
The journalist admin guy #AlmightySmallVillage

Aatif

• Donator
  • Still the same :D
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Observations: Edition #7
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 08:34:20 PM »
Another good week! 😁

Joel

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 08:42:30 PM »
Another great one. Keep up the good work! :)

XzarWizrobe

• Just chilling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 08:59:56 PM »
Yoo, good job once again. :)
<b>I like cakes</b>

dudewhat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 09:17:40 PM »
nice one, ev!!

HeLiX_iS_BeTa

• Donator
  • Alone, I am RNA. But with my other half, I am DNA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 10:13:34 PM »
and the revival of someone from each nation (HeLiX_is_Beta from Imperium; evzntv from Shadow Realm).

I made it into a Weekend Observations for RoW happenings!

Coolness: 1 (0+1)
Stealth: -1 (0-1)

Jokes aside, amazing work as always!!
*~HeLiX~*

EMULATOR

• Donator
  • -Beemu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 11:08:58 PM »
Amazing job as always Ev <3
And uwu I got the shoutout which was promised hehehe  :-*
Thanks to EMULATOR and bugsy12 for their reporting this week!
Bees>Bread