Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Weekend Observations: Edition #8  (Read 1320 times)

evzntv

• Admin
    • View Profile
Weekend Observations: Edition #8
« on: May 10, 2021, 07:07:37 PM »
SENTINELCRAFT'S
WEEKEND OBSERVATIONS
EDITION: 5-10-2021

Welcome everyone to this edition of Weekend Observations! This thread is a weekly recap of all the major changes that have happened over the span of the last week. As always if you have any contributions/questions you can contact evzntv in game or on discord. Lets get into the week!!

CAMPAIGNS

This weeks featured story deals with a certain campaign for SentinelCraft's most infamous award.

As a lot of you know by now the SentinelCraft awards are LIVE and voting is still underway! But for a lot of people (including myself), it's hard to determine who the best nominee for each award really is. It's why I have decided to go in-depth and spark up campaigns for the most prestigious award that SentinelCraft has to offer. That, of course, is the most ANNOYING PLAYER award. The most annoying player award, is the player who is just that: the most annoying. The winner of this award will receive a 72-hour mute as well as a get out of mute free card. With these huge prizes on the line, I had to get more information on who really should win this award. I wanted to know who would campaign the hardest!

I messaged all nominees one simple question: Why should you be the "most annoying player?"

Unfortunately, only 4 of the nominees could be reached for comment. Here's the responses:

Aatif: To be honest I like to joke or tease people a lot and maybe some don't like it and find it annoying. And I can be a spammy person HAHA so maybe because of that :P

SweatyKido1: Because im the most annoying player. Several people have told me that im annoying (whispers) its just a matter of time till i win and get my well earned mute just sayin

AceAlmighty16: I think I should win the most annoying player award because let?s face it, I?m pretty annoying but in all seriousness I have been on that list for a running three years and I have come in 2nd place the last two years. It would also be cool to see if they will go through on a mute. I have some serious competition tho but I?m sure I will win this year.

Mr_RS_: At first, when I got nominated for the annoying list (years ago), I was mentally depressed and I was expressing my feelings to my friends about how they think I'm annoying. Over time, I began to think that being annoying is kind of a skill that every friendship should have. If a person is sad, annoying is the way that can pull him up from the darkness. Even tho he will be angry that you were annoying, you will be happy that he isn't sad anymore. And that's what I thought of. If I win the annoying list, it means that I can make someone happy when they are depressed. That's what makes me happy :)

As you can see, being annoying isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes being annoying can work in your favor! Now that the nominees have campaigned, it's your turn to vote. You can click this link: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10367.msg58442;topicseen#new to vote.

PACMAN

The Hosters are back with a brand new event!

The Hosters are back once again, this time with a unique twist on a classic game. EMULATOR announced this week that players can now play Pacman! After hearing this wonderful idea, I had to interview BEEMU to get more information on this story. Here's what everyone's favorite Bee had to say.

Ev: The newest Hosters event is very original and seems like a lot of fun. How did you and the Hosters come up with it?

EMU: Pacman is a game we all have heard and we all love. When I joined the hosters I was eager to do an event and I came up with Pacman in Minecraft. I discussed this idea with a few other hosters and decided to add few twists to it. The inspiration behind the idea came from a Reddit post and with the help of my fellow hosters i was able to make it into an actual game(edited)

Ev: That's awesome. What's the easiest way to summarize how the game works in a few sentences?

EMU: There are wool blocks scattered in a maze, you have to collect the wool blocks as they count as your  points before the ghost (which is me) hunts you. The player only gets 3 lives and has to collect as many points as they can but there is also a timer. I have also added a twist which is simple powerups scattered in the map which helps the player get a better chance to win

Ev: Neat! What do you think the most challenging aspect of this game will be for players?

EMU: That would be the pvp against the host, As the player does start weaker than the ghost but has to get powerups to be strong enough to fight the ghost.

Ev: Seems like a lot of fun to play. I'll have to check it out. Who's your money on for winning the event?

EMU: Hmm I can't say much now though i will have to agree both thorns and bugsy played amazing. If i had to put money on one it might be buggo

Ev: What a simp. jk jk thanks beemu. great work!

EMU: Lol Thanks for covering my small event though there are gonna be way more events with hosters

For more information on The Hosters' new event, you can click this link: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10381.msg58470;topicseen#new

PROMOTIONS

As part of our weekly recap, it's important to recognize players who received a promotion! The following players received a promotion this week.

TommyFengster: From Donator to Donator

Congrats to all who were promoted!

Roll on Wednesday (RoW)

RoW is an event that occurs twice every Wednesday. This event takes both luck and skill as you must possess a combination of both to win!

The only way that can RoW can be described this week is "BLOKE OS PIT". That and, of course, BEEFFFFF. Early RoW started out with the bottom 3 getting eliminated, with Oddstone becoming the official lucky loser. Other highlights from this game included the killing of evzntv (breaking his 4 straight finals appearances), the revival of ItsThorn; killing mindtwisty and Aatif, and the eventual revival of Oddstone. The early RoW finals were conducted by a game of Spleef. In a rather effortless performance, Oddstone would go on to win the event! This marked the first winner/lucky loser combination in quite some time! Late RoW consisted of the same spiciness with MHGUForPresident becoming lucky loser again. Other highlights included Blok3y turning into Brok3y, evzntv and bugsy12 killing each other and getting revived, and Devereux killing Silver_Dragoon1 and Talonchiavari1 in one fell swoop. The finals were conducted with a game of SentinelCraft trivia. Bug would take a commanding lead but her drunkenness cost her, as Ev secured his 2nd straight late RoW victory!

Here are the results for this week's event!

Early RoW:
1st place: Oddstone
2nd place: darksoul0987
3rd place: PaulinaCarrot
Lucky Loser: Oddstone
Host: Devereux

Late RoW:
1st place: evzntv
2nd place: bugsy12
3rd place: quazymoodo
Lucky Loser: MHGUForPresident
Host:
Devereux

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Trivia on Friday (ToF)

ToF is an event that occurs every Friday. It's a test of knowledge and speed, and the player who possesses both is the winner!

ToF once again held two events this past Friday. The theme for both events were "OG CARTOONS". evzntv hosted the first game with a huge turnout of 14 people! The game was quite competitive with Blok3y, JoeArmageddon, Aatif, and oozma all scoring a fair amount of points. In the end, no-one could stop Etspiritu as he took the early victory. Late ToF was a different story, however, as bugsy12 cut the question times to just 10 seconds. This proved to be a detriment to many trivia regulars like Ev, Nead, and Bloke. This didn't stop quazymoodo from blazing through the competition, winning late ToF by an impressive 7 point margin!!!

Here are the results from ToF!

Early ToF:
1st place: Etspiritu
2nd place: Aatif
3rd place: Blok3y
Host: evzntv

Late ToF:
1st place: quazymoodo
2nd place: Etspiritu
3rd place: Blok3y
Host: bugsy12

Congratulations to the winners!

EDITOR'S NOTE

Seeing the new Pacman event really made me admire how creative our great community is. From RoW, to ToF, to various other events, it's awesome to see how much creativity can be put into a Minecraft server. I encourage everyone to keep tapping into their creative sides and bring fresh and exciting ideas to SentinelCraft! After all creativity is one of the best things we have in this world. Be creative :).

As always, thank you for reading "Weekend Observations" and we'll see you back here again this time next week!

- Your friendly journalist Ev <3
The journalist admin guy #AlmightySmallVillage

EMULATOR

• Donator
  • -Beemu
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Observations: Edition #8
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 07:22:41 PM »
Great job Ev <3
Bees>Bread

Joel

• Donator