Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Outside the Blocks - MHGUforPresident  (Read 2639 times)

BrendaxNL

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
Outside the Blocks - MHGUforPresident
« on: June 23, 2021, 09:28:50 AM »
Welcome to the fifth edition of "Outside the Blocks"!
In this series, I will be interviewing different members of our community in order to get to know them a little better!

Today, our guest is MHGUforPresident - a moderator on our server since the 22nd of November, 2020!
MHGUforPresident is the main side chick of Bugsy and known to capture the heart of many players.  He won the "funniest player" category of the Sentinel Awards 2021!

For those that do not know MHGUforPresident just yet, here's a brief description by a friend of his:

"Moog is everyone's favorite flirty and funny mod. Most known for his witty comments, pushing golden carrots, or just his beautiful flower pot face."

Heyo Moog! Welcome to outside the blocks, after my long long procrastination spree! (I apologise, I swear)
My first question to you is; how did you end up finding SentinelCraft?

Hi hi! So when I first redownloaded MC a little before the pandemic, I just went onto (I think) planetminecraft and searched for smaller towny servers (Towny was my favorite server plugin as a kid so I stuck to my guns haha). Sentinel was the first server I joined on that last and is actually the only server I've joined since then. Haven't ever wanted to change <33

That's interesting, towny being your favourite server plugin as a child! What memories do you have in regards to this?

Funny enough, I can actually remember the terrain from a town that I made. Of course little to nobody joined but I vividly remember the mountain which arched over the town spawn I built with a plains biome I flattened for a house around the corner. I remember having a couple friends, but eventually I fell off multiplayer and started playing modded for a while, so those friendships didn't last..

Would be great if you could re-contact them and see how they're doing! Gives me a throwback to my old towny server and the things I built!
You said that you joined SentinelCraft and never wanted to go back, what made you want to stay and apply for moderator after a while?

I doubt I could even find that server if it's even still up.
I think what made me stay was the community of course (and bugs, my irl wife). I remember when I started a bunch of people came and helped with my house (I believe banacat and Eliza), which really made me feel welcome. After I had gotten established and made a bunch of friendships, I wanted to be able to give back to the server in a more tangible way, so I applied for moderator.

Wholesome! Always nice to hear everyone's smaller stories about why they stayed.
You've been a moderator since the 22nd of November, could you tell us a little bit about the experience so far? For example, what did you expect to be different, did anything surprise you, what is a situation that still makes you laugh or cringe?

Has it really been that long? Corona time flies... I think I expected moderator to be a more passive role than it really is, some light chat moderation, maybe reporting a hacker rarely. What I've discovered is that being a mod is much more active than I thought; looking out for suspicious behavior, dealing with many types of players directly, actively finding cheaters, etc. Even though it wasn't quite what I thought, I don't think that if I could go back to before being mod I wouldn't apply. The friendships I've made and the experiences I've had have been too awesome.
Something that still makes me laugh was my prank. Admins had me get on the server at like 11 at night while I was trying to go to bed and accused me of all sorts of stuff, X-Ray especially. They even teleported me to a mineshaft I made a couple of days before that. Dev was especially mean, saying "I was really rooting for you, man" and stuff like that >:(. All in good fun though, it was a fun night.

Hahahaha that was actually just me and Dev messing with you, pulling up fake logs as well, good times! I love the pranks. Glad that you're enjoying it and helping the server out in your free time! I know that you are currently studying something with language and ASL, what exactly are you studying and what would you'd like to be your job later?

The full title of my program is breathes in Bachelors of Speech and Hearing Sciences: Communication and Speech Disorders. Basically, it's Speech Therapy. Languages have always fascinated me, but especially the movement of the mouth (lips, teeth, tongue, etc) during speech. Speech and Hearing Sciences is the medical version of that, so I am studying to be a Speech Language Pathologist. SLPs diagnose and treat speech and language disorders, as well as swallowing disorders. ASL would just be helpful for people who can't speak and need to communicate.
So in the future, I could treat children with developmental disorders, adults that have a stroke, dementia, etc., or neurodivergent people

This sounds so interesting, are you studying close to where you grew up? Would you be more interested in working with children or with adults, and in what setting?

My school is about 2 and a half hours from my hometown, but we've all since moved away from there.
Ideally, I would prefer to work with adults in a hospital setting. Recently I've thought about it a little more and I would be open to working with kids. I just don't have a lot of experience with kids and they seem so chaotic to me? I want to work with adults more because my grandfather had a stroke a long time ago before he passed and lost his ability to speak. I saw how frustrated he was and it kinda flipped a switch in my brain.

It's wonderful that you have a personal connection to the study, hopefully, all will go well! What hobbies do you have next to your studies & outside the blocks?

Well, a lot of gaming. Mostly Minecraft and Monster Hunter (a lot of Monster Hunter).  I also love to take care of my plants and pretend I'm a Nature Goddess whenever I get a new leaf coming in :D

Choose! 100 duck sized paulinas or 1 Paulina sized duck.

One Paulina sized duck. I wouldn't fight it, I would gain its friendship slowly and me and the All Powerful Ducc will take total control of the server, defeating Pau. Then I'll make bugs owner as punishment. Punishment for what? Beats me.

Kiss, marry, kill with all of the moderators - go!

Kiss: Barry, cause obv he's a cute bean.
Marry: Arya because OBVIOUSLY she's perfect and I love her.
Kill: Ace cause he's Ace

If you could be anything in Minecraft, what would it be and why?

I'd be a spruce tree, tall and proud. Very useful, and obviously the best tree in the game

Yeah, screw acacia. If you could invent one holiday, what would it be named, when would it be and why?

International Week of Rest: Held sometime in July for people in the Northern Hemisphere and sometime in summer for the Southern Hemisphere (so kinda two holidays?). A whole week where employees only need to work if they absolutely want to, and everyone else can rest and recover.

But what's the occasion? Why are we celebrating it?

To chill. Do you need a reason?

I guess not! If you could have 2 free passes to ban players - who would it be and why?

I would ban Jeff for murdering my plant with a voodoo curse, and I would also ban Dev for the BEEEEFFFF! Ultimate beef is to ban the guy that started it!

Brenda: I can support that. What's the weirdest thing you have in your bedroom? (;

I have a pair of underwear with my best friends face on it!

Hahahahah, that's funny. What is your favourite vine?

omg omg omg! Road work ahead? Uh yeah, I sure HOPE it does! I love it so much omg
every SINGLE time I see a roadwork sign I say that

What's the most useless talent that you have?

I can bend my pinky over the back of my hand and touch the back of my thumb

Gross. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?

Joke: Why the hell do my plants keep putting out shrivelled leaves every now and again :(
Real: Is there a concrete reason we were put on Earth and if so why?

We're all in a simulation. It's just one kid playing the sims and we're them. What's one conspiracy theory that you (used to) believe?

Used to: Bigfoot. Still do: THE SIMS THING YES! Because sometimes ill just like, need to pee and just stand there. Like I'll walk out my door, lock it and everything and be like "Why am I outside?"

Thank you for making time, I enjoyed reading your answers and getting to know you a little better! Is there anything you'd like to say to everyone?

Thank y'all so much for being such an awesome community of extremely sexy people IF YOU'RE OF AGE. Y'all the reason I'm still here!

Thank you for reading Outside the Blocks, I hope you enjoyed it!
Don't forget to leave a cheeky comment and the real gossip down below. Hope to see you soon for another edition of Outside the Blocks - who would you like to see next?

Smile more, it suits you (:

Aatif

• Donator
  • Still the same :D
    • View Profile
Re: Outside the Blocks - MHGUforPresident
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 09:39:22 AM »
Loved it!!💖

bugsy12

• Senior Admin
  • #BugsyForAdminNinjaForMember
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 11:21:15 AM »
AMAZING
I LOVED IT ;-;
although watching moog fuck marry kill the mod team PHYSICALLY pained me.

MHGUforPresident

• Senior Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 11:42:56 AM »
@bug babe you know she only said mod team so I couldn?t say your name for each one.
Wife to many wives but bugsy more than others

JohnBarry99

• Donator
  • Just think of me as your guardian devil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 12:03:13 PM »
I. LOVED. IT! Great read as always!! <3

Kiss: Barry, cause obv he's a cute bean.
no ur a cuter bean :-* :-* :-* :-*
not quite my tempo.

Dr_MineStein

• Donator
  • God-Level Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 12:32:31 PM »

What's the most useless talent that you have?

I can bend my pinky over the back of my hand and touch the back of my thumb

Awesome interview man! BTW i can do the same thing with my pinky and thumb, problem is it would probably get stuck and maybe break :/.

I would also appreciate if your flower pot head had blue flowers rather than purple flowers.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 12:35:35 PM by Dr_MineStein »

MHGUforPresident

• Senior Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 12:55:22 PM »

I would also appreciate if your flower pot head had blue flowers rather than purple flowers.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

My flowers are purple and gold, why are you asking me to change who I am?

Actually, purple and gold are the colors of my university , so I prefer to keep them that color.
Wife to many wives but bugsy more than others

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 03:02:23 PM »

My flowers are purple and gold, why are you asking me to change who I am?

Actually, purple and gold are the colors of my university , so I prefer to keep them that color.

Change to red and black and then you'll be Migas' colors. That's a better theme.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

bugsy12

• Senior Admin
  • #BugsyForAdminNinjaForMember
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 03:43:15 PM »
@bug babe you know she only said mod team so I couldn?t say your name for each one.

Server can't handle our love  :(

But then him and I wouldn't match >:O

CasualWaffle

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2021, 11:01:01 PM »
Great interview :D
Espresso, waffles, and wifi

dudewhat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 07:28:28 AM »
AY noiccee read, Brenda and Moog!!

Horsebagger

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Femmetal Classics Online
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2021, 06:15:10 PM »
Awesome interview!!
Plant something, anything, nurture it and watch
it grow! You won't believe how great it
will make you feel!

Mindtwisty

• Donator
  • The luckiest guy you will ever meet o.o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 10:15:55 PM »
this is awesome!

Kita

• Donator
  • Work hard, play hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2021, 10:02:07 AM »
oooOO A another great interview indeed. ;D <3
The aim of the game is not to mine, or to craft, but to run from creepers.