Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Weekend Observations: Edition #11  (Read 1065 times)

evzntv

• Admin
    • View Profile
Weekend Observations: Edition #11
« on: July 05, 2021, 08:45:35 PM »
SENTINELCRAFT'S
WEEKEND OBSERVATIONS
EDITION: 7-5-2021

Welcome everyone to this edition of Weekend Observations! This thread is a weekly recap of all the major changes that have happened over the span of the last week. As always if you have any contributions/questions you can contact evzntv in game or on discord. Lets get into the week!!

DEVELOPMENT DIARIES

These diaries detail the transition to Bungee for SentinelCraft

This week, Oplegoman and the entire staff team released the 6th installment of the development diaries. This diary covered three main topics dealing with the server's imminent future. First was the progress report on what is done. Things that are now done include of the new chat system, as well as current vital plugins like LWC and LogBlock working as they currently do. Next discussed the future of maps and the issues at hand with those. Lastly,was the status of Minecraft 1.17 on SentinelCraft. With these three big talking points, this development diary is a must read and I encourage that all of you read this.

DEVELOPMENT DIARY LINK: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10465

SENTINELCRAFT MEMORY LANE

A brand new series covering the past of SentinelCraft!

Earlier this week, migas94 introduced a brand new series called "SentinelCraft Memory Lane". This new series looks back at some of the influential players here at SentinelCraft. The first installment covered current admin xXCRYMINALXx, the first ever moderator Tenloe32, and our beloved founder Fedgar_Lurch. Rather than read a summary of it, you should go take a look at this wonderful new series!

SENTINELCRAFT MEMORY LANE EDITION #1: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10459.0

PROMOTIONS

As part of our weekly recap, it's important to recognize players who received a promotion! The following players received a promotion this week.

quazymoodo: From Donator to Special

Congrats to all who were promoted!

Roll on Wednesday (RoW)

RoW is an event that occurs twice every Wednesday. This event takes both luck and skill as you must possess a combination of both to win!

RoW returned with two brand new beef-filled games. The early edition started with Francias becoming the Lucky Loser. Other highlights include, evzntv somehow managing to be revived twice (once through rolling a 100), as well as bugsy12 dying early alongside Francias. The finals were determined by a game of spleef. Unfortunately for oozma, the other 4 participants were all from Faygo Dreams as they worked to eliminate him. In the end, mindtwisty was able to secure the victory. The late RoW resulted in more beef, as JohnBarry99 was killed by evzntv, marking the first time Barry was slained in RoW in quite some time! The finals were determined by a game of hide & seek where Etspiritu took home the win. This marked the first time that silver donators have swept the day in RoW!

Here are the results for this week's event!

Early RoW:
1st place: mindtwisty
2nd place: darksoul0987
3rd place: evzntv
Lucky Loser: Francias
Host: Devereux

Late RoW:
1st place: Etspiritu
2nd place: Blok3y
3rd place: JeffEatsPie
Lucky Loser: hajkido
Host:
bugsy12

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Trivia on Friday (ToF)

ToF is an event that occurs every Friday. It's a test of knowledge and speed, and the player who possesses both is the winner!

ToF returned with two games filled with Spongebob Squarepants questions, as this was the theme for this week. The early game started as a dual battle between bugsy12 and swordsmancs. Eventually, bugsy would pull away and get the victory. Late ToF took place with Etspiritu and  a drunk evzntv taking turns answering questions correctly. In the end, the alcohol was too much as Nead was able to pull away with a victory by a margin of 4 points.

Here are the results from ToF!

Early ToF:
1st place: bugsy12
2nd place: swordsmancs
3rd place: Blok3y
Host: evzntv

Late ToF:
1st place: Etspiritu
2nd place: evzntv
3rd place: Blok3y
Host: bugsy12

Congratulations to the winners!

EDITOR'S NOTE

For this week's note, I'd like to give a special shoutout to Elisthetic. You may wonder why I have her name as blue, but it is no accident. She has elected to step down from Builder to focus on her career. For years Eli has wowed the community with her builds and has made a huge difference for the overall quality of SentinelCraft. I'm sure I can speak for a lot of people when I say that we are all thankful and appreciative of her services over the years and that it will be weird to see her on the server not under the "Special" rank. Thankfully she will still be around, which personally, makes me happy as I consider her a good friend :). Shoutout to Eli!

As always, thank you for reading "Weekend Observations" and we'll see you back here next week

- Your friendly journalist Ev <3
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 08:48:49 PM by evzntv »
The journalist admin guy #AlmightySmallVillage

Mindtwisty

• Donator
  • The luckiest guy you will ever meet o.o
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Observations: Edition #11
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 10:33:47 PM »
Looks great!