Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Voting Shop Update Feedback!  (Read 3145 times)

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
Voting Shop Update Feedback!
« on: November 18, 2021, 07:22:02 PM »
Voting Shop Update - We Need Your Feedback!

Hello SentinelCraft!

We've gone through and brainstormed what we could do to expand on our awesome community and reach a wider Minecraft audience to discover us and become part of the history of Sentinelcraft.
As you may have noticed, our cast of members has become more and more scarce and we'd like to change that. We'd like to see new faces that could be the next Senior Member, donator, special or even part of the staff team. As such, we thought of expanding our voting options to more popular and diverse voting websites while still keeping the current ones we have. You've noticed that we are operating a new voting plugin after our departure from Enjin, and this gives us the possibility to do a lot more!

We do know that for a lot of the player base there simply just isn't enough good reason to vote for 5 voting websites that already exist, let alone more (Although helping the server grow should be a good reason).
For this reason we thought to make the voting process more appealing and rewarding, for starters:
- We will expand the monthly prize winners from 5 people to 8.
- We will be working on an additional VoteShop which utilizes Vote Points. You get 1 Vote Point per website.

While we've had the TokenShop as our own customized voting shop, we also wanted to make use of the Vote Shop that comes with the voting plugin. This means that you'll be spending your Vote Points separate from the tokens you receive.
This vote shop would ideally have items that you guys want, special accesses, commands for x period.. Whatever comes to mind as desirable and valuable to the community.

Since we don't want to make such decisions ourselves and then receive feedback/new additions from members later on, we thought it would be best to get member suggestions from the get go.
We want to hear what you want to see as Voting rewards to be sold in the vote shop, a few notable examples:
Token for more towny claim blocks, token for more horizon claim blocks, a month fly in resource world, a token for a small chest backpack, NPC token, Hologram token, Disguises etc.

To keep things short, here is the 3 essential points of the post that we want to convey to you:

- We are looking to make the community bigger by getting higher up in ranks of minecraft server websites.
- We are looking at improving the quality of voting rewards through community feedback.
- We are going to have 2 Voting Shops, one utilizes Vote Points and will hold more valuable rewards, the other will be the good old TokenShop which will still hold the old rewards including Head Tokens.

Please reply to this post with your suggestions, replies and anything you'd like to ask us. We look forward to reading your feedback!

Dr_MineStein

• Donator
  • God-Level Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Shop Update Feedback!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 07:46:34 PM »
Hello,

I think this is a good idea, as we need more members and more incentives to get people to vote.
Things that would be nice to be added are listed below (in order of preference):

1. NPC Token - I feel that this is too much a rare thing and that getting a hold of one via crates is impossible and the only other time is during the Easter Egg Hunts. It would be amazing if it could be added to the Vote Shop. Difficulty in getting it isn't something I'd want to specifically mention and I will leave it to you guys to decide the price.

2. Towny claim blocks - With the new towny tax changes, a lot of towns have run into overclaim upkeep, and it would be a cool incentive for mayors to get voting and also increase town claim limit.

3. Hologram Token - I mean, why not xD

4. Piglin/Guardian egg - In addition to the existing token shop we can also buy piglin eggs with Voting points, not sure if an item can be available in two places at the same time.

5. Netherite Ingot - Netherite is pretty hard to get and would be nice to be available in the vote shop, albeit we might run into an economy breaking situation where people buy ingots from the shop and sell them to others and staff would have another headache to monitor.

This is my opinion on it.

-Regards, Doc

jim

• Donator
  • I try to be cool... I'm not very good at it.
    • View Profile
    • e
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 08:46:19 PM »
Hello,

I think this is a good idea, as we need more members and more incentives to get people to vote.
Things that would be nice to be added are listed below (in order of preference):

1. NPC Token - I feel that this is too much a rare thing and that getting a hold of one via crates is impossible and the only other time is during the Easter Egg Hunts. It would be amazing if it could be added to the Vote Shop. Difficulty in getting it isn't something I'd want to specifically mention and I will leave it to you guys to decide the price.

2. Towny claim blocks - With the new towny tax changes, a lot of towns have run into overclaim upkeep, and it would be a cool incentive for mayors to get voting and also increase town claim limit.

4. Piglin/Guardian egg - In addition to the existing token shop we can also buy piglin eggs with Voting points, not sure if an item can be available in two places at the same time.

5. Netherite Ingot - Netherite is pretty hard to get and would be nice to be available in the vote shop, albeit we might run into an economy breaking situation where people buy ingots from the shop and sell them to others and staff would have another headache to monitor.

-Regards, Doc

I agree. with all if this but the NPC Token. Using Doc's point of it being a rare item is what's makes it so unique to see. I feel that instead there should be a Crate Token. That could give you a key for the Crate.
-Jim
Changing my desktop to sweden's flag

Horsebagger

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Femmetal Classics Online
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 06:04:08 PM »
I'm all in on the Towny Claim Blocks! I could use a few!  :)
Looking forward to the end results!
Plant something, anything, nurture it and watch
it grow! You won't believe how great it
will make you feel!

Nick The Builder

• Perspective makes any build a beautiful creation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 09:40:36 AM »
Yes what I pretty much want has been stated by Dr_MineStein, those towny claim blocks will be a huge thing for me, the netherite stuff too since I don't spend time mining for them but I understand if it can't be accepted since it is going to be a bad idea for the market.
- Your friendly builder, Nick. Visit Coari Crossing, The Gateway to The Kattalox Southwest! </t spawn Coari Crossing>

BrendaxNL

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2021, 03:34:34 PM »
Hello everyone!

We're happy to announce that our voting banner has been created and that the new Vote Shop is being set into motion! We're aiming to implement the new shop at the beginning of the new year! We asked for some community feedback a while back, but we would love to read some more input from everyone! If you haven't shared your feedback yet, please do not be afraid to do so by commenting down below and/or interacting with other people's ideas (for example, expressing that you agree/disagree + a reason)

This would be highly highly appreciated by all of us - it is your chance to help us create the voting shop of the future of SentinelCraft!

If you're thinking, hmm, why should I reply/interact with this post - I do not vote that much anyways - this is your time to change that. What would make you motivated to vote, what rewards would you need in order to set an alarm daily to start voting consistently?
Smile more, it suits you (:

okuzbaban

• a wierdo and a good friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2021, 03:49:06 PM »
ı would say the voting prize should have an explanation somewehere so new comers would know what is the prize
(for example: last reward was a celebration pack ı do not have nay idea what that is so ı didnt aim for it [ı thought it would contain some head and blocks] ı still dont know what it had in it)

- and as a reward a warp sign would be nice as in /warp [enter place name]
other than that ı agree with Dr_mineStein
ox

SweatyKido

• Surprisingly not stinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2021, 04:07:02 PM »
I personally think that the things you can buy in the token shop right now are pretty balanced and some of the rewards are pretty nice too like the fly cupon. One thing i think would be nice to have is a token to claim 3x9 /chest since i think its a pretty balanced thing to add to the shop and the only way to get /chest right now is to be a 50$ donator or higher and not everyone can get that far ,i think it would have to cost more then the fly cupon since it would have to be a permanent thing rather then a temporary thing like the fly cupon. I hope this idea gets considered and maybe added to the game :)

- Sweety

Candle

• Hello! I am a candle! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2021, 05:47:12 PM »
Hello,

-Regards, Doc

Hello, I also agree with Dr_MineStein, It will totally make more members convinced to vote regularly and not to forget to vote :D
/t spawn New_Kelp_City ! :D

KingFatHamm

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2021, 07:51:40 PM »
Hello,

-Regards, Doc

i agree with what doc has to say entirely, but i also agree with jimm and that it should probably be a crate token or some legendary keys. : D
that weird guy who used to have a cult following on Minecraft and also plays fallout games religiously

Joel

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2021, 09:54:50 AM »
If we are going with the vote point system for the new shop, here are my suggestions/prices what I think would be a good addition to the future shop:

1. Towny bonus claims - 5 vote tokens for 1 bonus claim
2. Claim blocks (grief prevention) - 5 vote tokens for 256 claim blocks
3. Elytra - 100 vote tokens
4. Legendary key - 75 vote tokens

and as for the monthly vote prizes, I would suggest adding useful/fun commands as a prize but as it's increased to 8 players, I guess commands that wouldn't be something that could be abused. So something along the lines of /sit, /trails, /sell, /chest or any others that have been already as a monthly voting prize already + I think adding the new tokens as a monthly voting prize would be a good addition as well (once a year or something like that).

That's my two cents on the matter atleast :P

Stycore

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2021, 10:03:32 AM »
I feel adding legendary keys to the voting shop would be a good addition and might get some more people to vote, though I do think they should be expensive enough as to not devaluate them too much. If we're sticking to 5 sites/5 points a day, 100 points each sounds reasonable to me.  Towny/grief prevention claim blocks would be nice to have as well. Also always happy to see new spawn eggs as I'm collecting them, especially the new ones (axolotl, goat, glowsquid) but perhaps also things like bee, vex, snow/iron golem or drowned.
I'd be against adding netherite and NPC tokens, since myself and others have spent a lot of time and money (including real money in some cases) getting/trying to get those items. Adding them to the voting shop would devaluate them far too much and basically screw over everyone who've bought them before. Even more so in the case of NPC tokens, which (that is how I see it at least) are meant to be one of the most exclusive items in the game. As a side note, I'd rather see netherite in /shop for 3000 when bought and 1000 when sold.
Besides the regular /fly coupon, I'd love to see an alpha /fly coupon. Could even become fairly popular since donators normally don't get alpha /fly either.

Monthly prizes are a little tricky, since most of the good candidates have been a voting reward in the past. Temporary boosts would be a good choice, e.g. alpha /fly, McMMO boost, etc. Besides that there's still some useful commands like /itemlore - I think that's an Essentials thing? - and *cough* /top *cough*. Maybe more Skyblock rewards, w/e requests or a token to give an item a colored name?

Edit: Other random ideas - colored item names and /nv
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 05:17:24 PM by Stycore »

Mindtwisty

• Donator
  • The luckiest guy you will ever meet o.o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2022, 01:14:19 PM »
I think this is a great idea but the npc token is a eh in my oppinion it would be better if this would be a legendary key so you can have a chance to get it.

Froggylo

• :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2022, 01:22:19 PM »
Not gonna say much, But I am sure I'd love more horizon claim blocks, as my base will be increasing a lot this year (at least i hope so  xD)

As I read through a few replies I can agree to add legendary keys, or really any sort of rare item, I am completely agreeing to what other have replied and said :)
They poison me, then they expect me to feed them -The Ocean

Dr_MineStein

• Donator
  • God-Level Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2022, 05:37:22 PM »
Hello,

-Regards, Doc

After looking through other's opinions I figured I'd maybe update my thoughts regarding this matter.

-NPC/Hologram tokens - As much as I want an obtainable token of either sort, their status would surely decrease if put on the Voting shop, as their rarity is what makes them so special. Instead, they could be replaced with something like a legendary key.

- Commands - maybe As Joel suggested, some fun commands for like one month or so can be awarded to those who purchase them from the voting shop. I think it is important to implement them with a time limit as that would make players want to vote more. Otherwise it would become a one time purchase.

- Claim blocks in towny/horizon - Mainly towny, claim blocks would be a great add (inline with my original opinion) as many towns have run into overclaim upkeep, and also there is an eventual limit on the amount of claimblocks that can be obtained (amount of players, nation bonus, donation shop). Horizon doesn't have quite that limit as every 1 hour 100 claimblocks are added to the players account. But it would definitely be great to have grief prevention claim blocks as well for Horizon players to quickly increase their bases.

- Other rare items like eggs, elytra

That's about it for now.
-Doc