Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Getting Started!  (Read 11627 times)

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
Getting Started!
« on: September 12, 2013, 06:01:04 PM »
Welcome to SentinelCraft!

If you just joined our community and you need some guidance on how to start playing our server, you came to the right place.
First of all, if you joined for the first time, after logging in into the server, you will have to do /register <password> then /login<password>. After the first join, you will only need to keep using /login <password>

Also on the first login, We want to make sure everyone has knowledge of the rules. So you will have to read all rules, which can be found by our Rule's holder NPC in spawn. Right-clicking on the NPC, it will give you our general rules. You will auto-join the server as a member but do make the time to read the rules or ask staff about any unclear information about the rules to avoid any unwanted punishments.

After you successfully done all of it, You will see that spawn is protected from building to prevent griefing. To be able to build your house, you will need to warp into the wilderness, which you can find on the /warproom or by doing /warps. You can also do /rtp which will randomly tp you to one of the main spawns in Horizon.

To help you in your gameplay, we have also implemented some useful commands. Below is a list of some of the basic ones, and you can always go to the tutorial room by typing /tutorial to check out the rest of them. You can also check the list of our other guides by doing /guides.

- /sethome <name> --> Sets home at your current location.
   - /home <name> --> Teleports you to that home.
   - /spawn --> teleports you to the world spawn.
   - /list --> shows you list of online players.
   - /shop --> Teleports you to the server shop where you can buy and sell materials and/or items.
   - /balance, /bal or /money --> shows your money in-game. Can also show you another players money if you use /balance <player>
   - /joindate <username> --> It shows the registration date of that player on the server.
   - /tokens --> Shows you how many tokens you have.
   - /lobby --> Teleports you into our minigames' lobby.
   - /mg or /minigames --> Shows the list of our minigames.
   - /sentinel --> Shows a quick list of useful commands in-game.
   - /helpop <message> --> Send a message for only staff members.
   - /lb toolblock --> gives you a block to check who placed a block. Right-click to see who placed the block your pointing at.
   - /starter --> Gives you a general guide on how to start your adventure on the server.
   - /claimsguide --> Gives you a general guide about the Claim plugin.
   - /townyguide --> Gives you a general guide about the Towny plugin.
   - /skyblockguide --> Gives you a general guide about Skyblock.
   - /protectionguide --> Gives you a general guide about the Belongings' protection plugin.
   - /donatorguide --> Gives you a general guide on how to donate to the server.
   - /auction --> Brings up the auction interface.
   - /auctionguide --> Gives you a guide about the auction plugin.
   - /signguide --> Gives you a guide about how to use helpful signs in SentinelCraft.
   - /quest or /quests --> Gives a list of quest commands or gives you your latest quest hint.

If you're playing with a friend or want to play with someone in-game, these are some commands that might interest you:
   - /tpa <player> --> Sends teleport request to teleport you to that player.
   - /tpahere <player> --> Sends teleport request to teleport them to you.
   - /tpaccept or /tpdeny --> Accept or deny the requests listed above.
   - /msg <player> <message> Talk privately with your friend.
   - /r  --> Reply to the last person who messaged you.
   - /ignore <player> --> Ignores that player's private messages.
   - /voteshop  --> Opens up the vote shop were you can spend your tokens. Only works in /spawn.

Making Money:

If you want to make money in-game, there are many ways of doing so.
   - The first and most common way is by going to the shop /shop and selling stuff by right-clicking signs that say [Sell]
   - You can also /vote and get 100$ and 10 tokens each time you vote on a link. There are five links you can vote on every 24 hours. So you can earn 500$ and 50 tokens a day.
   - Some towns/players have shops where you can sell items in order to make money. You can also make your own shop.
   - /Auction is also a great way to earn money.
   - If you cannot wait to have money you can also /donate and receive up to 250000$ in-game cash, along with quite a few other perks.

General Gameplay:

This is a primarily survival server, for those who do not know what that means this is a server that plays along the same line as single-player mode survival in vanilla Minecraft. No one in the game is granted creative except for the owner.
Your first task in starting out here is to find a place to build. I suggest doing /kit tools so you can get some free basic tools and a bit of food. Next you should do /warps and select a biome you would like. Then just start exploring until you find an area far enough away from anyone else that you like. Once you have that you can set up shop and start building. You can harvest and sell wood logs, ores, and farmed goods to the shop to make some money.

This is only a starter guidance into our server, as you can imagine there are a lot of more commands that can be used. If you need any help with the more advanced commands we recommend asking other players or staff members for help. If you still have any doubts, more questions or even have any suggestions to help our server get better, you can go to our forums and post a topic about it.

We hope you enjoy your stay,

-- SentinelCraft Staff.

Written by Migas, edited by Toxic_Demon93
[/size]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 08:39:20 PM by Annu_Mannu »
-- Fedgar

Argon_V

• Hi guys! Play hard! :D
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Started!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 11:05:45 PM »
Fedgar_Lurch I think you have maden an mistake with counting moneys and tokens here... I'm not sure how token works here but for voting on one site I'm getting 100$ and u wrote here that it is 50$ per vote... Correct me if I'm not right :) (sorry for gramatic mistakes :P )
Work hard couse you can go only forward and there's no way back

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 11:09:30 PM »
You are correct. It used to be 50$ each.
-- Fedgar

Argon_V

• Hi guys! Play hard! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 11:13:00 PM »
Ok thanks :)
Work hard couse you can go only forward and there's no way back

Spruenfi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 12:59:23 AM »
Thanks for this guide !!
I craft because I can !

Silly Dragoon

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 05:51:54 PM »
I thank you. This is very useful ^~^
~~Silly is my name~ Map Arting is my game~~

Roos Skywalker

• Aspiring novelist and IT student
    • View Profile
    • Roos Skywalker on Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 06:15:04 PM »
/cmodify is seen as an unknown command as if just does not exist. So how do I share chests?
You should not be proud nor ashamed of your condition, you should be proud on how you deal with it.

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 10:33:35 PM »
/cmodify is seen as an unknown command as if just does not exist. So how do I share chests?

We updated some time ago and this hasn't updated. To answer your question, you'll have to put the chest in a claim and trust your friend.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

LordTiger89

• Donator
  • Be patience and smart don't push others
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 07:43:10 PM »
is a good thing to reply every post
but seems skywalkers does not read the new ways of doing stuff as the grief prevention area is for the sharing part
wait he just wanted a sticky on that post did not he understood how to share?
The Little Prince Bedtime Story