Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Death Control  (Read 4180 times)

WazBlaz

• Don't Judge by mistakes. Give second chances
    • View Profile
    • ]HeLL[
Death Control
« on: September 23, 2013, 04:09:21 PM »
Ok. So we have the plugin death control that allows the avalibility to stop people from loosing items when they die.

I feel that there needs to be ways to loose your items when you die. Etc when you fall in the void on skyblock. There is no worry to loosing your items making one of the main parts of  survival not used. I think that it would be good to have a few ways to die then when you donate or upgrade through the ranks some get lifted.

Etc:
member loose there items by falling in lava, when you get senior member or donate $5 that gets lifted so you dont loose your items from lava.
members loose there items from faling in the void, when you donate $20 or somthing that gets lifted to make skyblock easyer :P (Also it gives a meaning of donating when your a player who joined for skyblock)
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.

Winston Churchill

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
Re: Death Control
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 04:46:26 PM »
DeathControl has been having issues and I have not been on enough when no one is on to test it honestly.

When It was first initiated there were different penalties for dying, now though we have auto death back. I will eventually fix it so that when you die from pvp you lose half your stuff, when you do /suicide you lose all your items, ect
-- Fedgar

WazBlaz

• Don't Judge by mistakes. Give second chances
    • View Profile
    • ]HeLL[
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 05:31:10 PM »
Ok sure. I didn't know you were having trouble with it. Sorry about that
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.

Winston Churchill

Meteora

• Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 06:36:28 PM »
Dang. D: I won't go outside the town then. xD
Hear my howl, feel my steel,
My objection is clear, My objective - near,
To take your crown, to burn your place,
There's no room for you in my palace

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 06:41:49 PM »
Yeah during testing people lost items and money. it wasnt pretty. And then too many people were on for me to test in good conscious.
-- Fedgar

Agent_Los

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 03:37:27 AM »
DeathControl has been having issues and I have not been on enough when no one is on to test it honestly.

When It was first initiated there were different penalties for dying, now though we have auto death back. I will eventually fix it so that when you die from pvp you lose half your stuff, when you do /suicide you lose all your items, ect

I would like to just re-notion this idea, the loss of items is crucial to survival and makes immersion greater.  Right now, I dont care if I die...I dont care if I pvp cause there is no risk...once there are risks...I will be way more cautious.  People wont go harassing others in pvp cause if they die, there goes maybe armor, or a nice weapon. 

Yeoldedogg

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 08:25:12 PM »
I'm wondering if maybe adding in a ticker to the death control.

Example:

1st death:  $25/5% (Which ever is greater of total cash)
2nd:           $25/5% (Which ever is greater of total cash) + $25 Fee
3rd:            $25/5% (Which ever is greater of total cash) + $50 Fee
4th:            $25/5% (Which ever is greater of total cash) + $100 fee
5th and final: $25/5% (Which ever is greater of total cash) + $200 Fee

As this could help prevent the whole bankroll deposit into a Town/Nation/Village to prevent mass money loss.  And to better a person in keeping themselves alive and considering the consequences of their actions!