Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Court System for an Offense?  (Read 3536 times)

ThunderClapThat

• Donator
    • View Profile
Court System for an Offense?
« on: December 31, 2014, 08:08:34 PM »
So here is an idea for you all to ponder on;

What if whenever people committed a crime against the rules, we had a fun little court with a mod/admin acting as a Judge and Donators/UpperRanks being the Jury. This could be amusing for everyone to watch the procedure. It doesn't have to be a true trial, just something to make it easier to show everyone what happens when a certain offense happens and give the server another group activity.

~Thunder

Fjerreiro

• Emperor of Incendium
  • Donator
  • ~Lex Talionis~
    • View Profile
Re: Court System for an Offense?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 08:55:23 PM »
I can see why you think this could be fun. However this would be very time consuming for the staff members who are already busy with other matters.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 10:20:11 PM »
Unfortunatly there really are too many infractions a day for there to be a public fiasco for each one.

A trial is held over each offence, The guilty part and the person who reported are infolved.

The only time we hold a public trial is when there is a staff offence. Something worthy of a punishment.
-- Fedgar

Halvix

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 10:30:22 PM »
I could see it now... Defendant stuck in jail until their scheduled court date... with so many offenses each day... The jail would be full for years due to the backlog...

This could be something a town or nation could implement.  Give citizens an option of trial before being kicked. 

But for the server in general, too many of the offenders would take advantage of it as a way to continue being disruptive and create even more work for the staff.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 10:32:15 PM »
You see it clearly Halvix.

If Towny/Nation wide you want to make a court system, sounds awesome to me.
-- Fedgar

Ellemenopeanuts

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 11:03:28 PM »
I can see this being embarrassing and frustrating for most involved. No need to draw something out like that.

Niliscus

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 11:20:18 PM »
A jury made of people who all likely know you and have pre-formed opinions..
Judge being the people who pass judgment anyways with an assurance of neutrality..

It seems like the process of dealing with offenders would mostly just be turned in to a public spectacle, a drumhead trial to amuse the members, fill up the chat, alienate people, cause conflict, give rise to biased voting groups, cause back-room bribes to assure guilty or innocent verdicts, and generally take what is rightly a closed affair with limited general public interaction and turn it in to a feeding frenzy for every emotional hiccup or tender feeling to get back at someone.

abehaw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 12:09:29 AM »
its a good idea to make a public court not to mention some players who are watching the trial might learn not to greif or be non-respectful (if they're not).
if u are looking for me I'm probably fishing at vainilla_love or killing pigmens. to complete ur goals-----> keep on trying!!!!!!!

MacLeezy

• King of Dragonsreach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 12:23:13 AM »
This would end up like a public execution, people with their minds made up, throwing food and rocks at the accused with only his/her final words to go out on...

In general the staff don't need assistance or the opinion of everyone else and their neighbours. The offence is usually pretty cut and dry.. they have logs to prove things that were said...command blocks for instances of grief etc..

I think Lionheart has a courthouse if I'm not mistaken.. I remember holding a court house drama where I played all the characters in the story lol.. Daddy_DCN will probably remember :D

Richgotya

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 07:34:37 AM »
i feel its unwise to support or make the process fun for idiots breaking the rules.