Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Phrontier (The Greatest Of All Time) - Ban Appeal  (Read 2882 times)

Phrontier

Phrontier (The Greatest Of All Time) - Ban Appeal
« on: May 09, 2015, 06:12:05 AM »
IGN: Phrontier

Date and Time: 2:00AM EST

Which Staff Member: Rich was an admin online at the time, but I'm not sure.

Why Was I Banned: "being idiotic/spamming/language"

Previously Jailed or Muted: Yeah I was muted about 5 minutes prior for spamming. However it was unintentional and I'll explain what happened here. I logged on, quoted some lyrics from a song I was listening to, told to stop spamming by a normal member. Was chatting with a mod and admin about how I like to talk and they said nobody likes to hear me. I tried to send someone a smile face, messed up, sent the correct smile face and they muted me for spamming the chat with one word things (in this case the smile faces). After this happened, I argued with a moderator about her ability to mod and got demoted to Recalcitrant (great word usage by the way I love the vocabulary). I was then outside my plot and was viciously attacked by someone in diamond armor, I started talking smack to them in local chat and received the ban.

Why Should I Be Unbanned: Look I'm like Muhammad Ali, I'm the greatest of all time. Occasionally I like to cause a ruckus but I'm just the type of guy to keep the moderators on their toes and make sure they're doing the right job. I think the ban was a little excessive, considering all I did after the demotion was talk smack in local chat. This servers dope, most of the people are dope. I've wasted enough of my time on the server to want to come back so there's that too. Here's the thing, I might be a Recalcitrant but I feel every server needs one. Without someone to cause a little ruckus (nothing too excess or obnoxious it's not like I spammed the server chat with random shit) you end up with a Utopia. Utopia's always fail. I say we all allow a single Recalcitrant (me of course as I'm the greatest of all time) to give the moderators something to do occasionally. If not, that's totally cool I'll come back and be a boring old good player like everyone else.

Additional Information: I was quoting this song in particular, I believe it's genius lyrics should be worthy to be said in chat at least one time without repercussions. https://soundcloud.com/djcarnageofficial/carnage-like-tuh-feat-makonnen

Jvmcs

Re: Phrontier (The Greatest Of All Time) - Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 07:48:11 AM »
Fjerreiro edit: Please don't post useless messages like this again. Read this; http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=3098.0
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:51:38 AM by Fjerreiro »

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 11:14:42 AM »
I was not around when the ban has happened but you shouldn't complain about our staff's good judgement. We have a set of rules which you have read when you first joined. By playing on our server, it means you have to accept them or at least follow them. You failed to comply with them several times, as I can see in your appeal, which means that you ended up banned fairly.

I'm just the type of guy to keep the moderators on their toes and make sure they're doing the right job.
Just to keep you in mind that the moderators have more experience than you on this particular server and were promoted for their exceptional work on helping and providing support on the server. Having an annoying player, that apparently, according to this appeal, thinks that being different always means that he's the greatest ever, will not help at all.

Since your 1st second after getting accepted by the rules that you have been like this. You started playing this server by giving unconstructive opinions about our Rules' plugin and complaining on how I deal with players. Just a reminder, this was when you started, which means you didn't even know the dynamics of the server at all.

I've wasted enough of my time on the server to want to come back so there's that too.
Then why are you appealing?

In case you don't know, we actually use some of our time reviewing these applications and appeals. If you are not interested in coming back, to behave maturily and act like an adult (we have people with 10-12 years old that fulfill these requirements), as we request on our server's description around the web, why do you even bother appealing? It's a bit contradictory. And being the different and keep the mods on their toes guy is not an excuse, we already have enough of that, unlikely other servers that might enjoy your kind of personality.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

ninja5132

• Server Eye Candy
  • Donator
  • Migas is not mean :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 11:18:09 AM »
We already have Rich to cause ruckus, why would we want some egocentric brat to deal with too?

Phrontier

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 09:25:24 PM »
Allow me to clarify a couple things.

I've wasted enough of my time on the server to want to come back so there's that too.
Then why are you appealing?

I used poor verbs here. I was just trying to get the point across that I've spent enough time here to make it worth my while to want to appeal and come back.

We already have Rich to cause ruckus, why would we want some egocentric brat to deal with too?

Thanks for your contribution ninja that was very constructive to this topic.

@Migas
Ninja there exemplifies the problem I had originally with the other moderator I had an argument with. The staff doesn't understand their requirements, there is not strict guideline they follow, and they moderate with their opinions rather then with what the server deems necessary. Ninja just wanted to get his word in, and as an Admin, that looks really bad on him when nothing constructive was contributed and derogatory terms were used when they weren't needed to get his point across.

I haven't been around long, but I've been on and run enough servers to know that this server in particular has a moderation problem. The staff feels entitled, and believe that they are high and above the players because of a title and a little bit of extra power.

Now, please realize that these statements I made don't refer to the community and staff as a whole. I'm sure you have some good hearted moderators and admins who actually do their job to the best of their ability.

The statements I made above clearly aren't going to get me re-accepted, and instead of a typical appeal where I suck up and pledge to be a good player, I'm going to rescind my ban appeal and instead ask that you do some serious internal affairs.

I had a great time while it lasted, but your community has enough problems by itself, I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 10:25:19 PM »
Im glad you think you know so much about the internal operations of the server.

You seem to know so much about how we should run things, and yet you seem to be completely ignorant about the rules or what we as a community stand for.
You simply do not fit in here, your ideas about how you "like to talk to people" and the intention to "talk smack" is completely contrary to the spirit of the server.

Ninjas comment was entirely relevant here. You are being egocentric, as is easily pointed out by your obvious overstatements of being the "greatest of all time". Further you are being a brat by your unrequited desire to "special". We can see that by the fact that you feel your opinions are so meaningful and insightful. You are not entitled or even equipped to try and "test" my staff.

I know you think you rescinded your appeal, but the fact is, you never had the ability to do so in the first place.

Appeal Denied
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:59:15 AM by Fedgar_Lurch »
-- Fedgar