Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Towny stocks and shares  (Read 3366 times)

kap2000

• Donator
  • Loves to build and make friends :)
    • View Profile
Towny stocks and shares
« on: May 25, 2015, 03:13:37 AM »
I used to play on a server with this plug-in. What it does is that it allows you to buy stocks of a town for a price. Its not like a business where you own part of the town but more like an investing plug-in. If a town is advanced enough or is big the cost of 1 stock will be a lot. If the town is new or has few people the stock will be very small. There is also the risk of losing some money because, just as in real life, stocks can go up and down. If a town falls you will lose the money and stocks you invested in that company. I thought this plug in would be a good idea because it adds a new "dimension" to the servers economy and adds a few risk as well making it what some people may call a "double-edged sword" meaning you can make or lose money. I think this        plug-in would spice up the server a bit and make things more interesting. Let me know what u think.  :D :) :D
*Meteors rain down from the sky as lightning strikes the ground. Kp_armageddon is here*

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
Re: Towny stocks and shares
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 05:11:35 AM »
How would the towns value be assessed?
-- Fedgar

kap2000

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 05:15:47 AM »
The value of towns are assessed based on its size and people in it. I am pretty sure it is also assessed on its financial power as well. So if a player leaves or a town loses or unclaims some land the stock will go down. If someone joins of the land is increased the stock will go up. If a town falls all the stock in that town will be gone forever.
*Meteors rain down from the sky as lightning strikes the ground. Kp_armageddon is here*

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 05:21:14 AM »
Interesting. I always wanted a more dynamic economy, but I think its untenable at our current place in time.

Too much work to add something like that. It would add too much instability.
-- Fedgar

kap2000

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 05:39:26 AM »
It's fine. Would you mind telling me what would make it unstable? I'm not sure I completely understand. sorry.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 06:05:57 AM »
I can easily abuse this system, and no easily prevent abuse.

Case: I make a town, spend some money/time making it nice. Invite tons of noobs to join, artificially inflate the value, Run up my balance. Then tank the town and bail.

Or the reverse is possible.
-- Fedgar

kap2000

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 03:44:21 PM »
You cant invest in your own town.

bricer123

• Donator
  • Banana Muffin Corn Dogs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 11:05:52 PM »
Better yet, just get you and a friend to make a town.  If your friend is the mayor, you can invest all your money into the town.  Then your friend buys a ton of plots, and you get a ton of money.  Split the worth.

Also, where does this money come from?  Does it just appear?  The money doesn't seem to be taken from anyone, unless I am mistaken.  It seems unfair to be taken from the town bank, too.
http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=5822.0
"Yet there were no events surrounding this."
Salty af

kap2000

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 08:49:04 PM »
I see. I didn't think of that before. Thanks for pointing that out. I suppose we can't do that then. But maybe something similar...?