Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Excited for Fallout 4  (Read 6962 times)

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
Re: Excited for Fallout 4
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 07:50:28 PM »
You are over complicating a simple issue.

The engine does work. Every gaming engine ever created in the history of... ever has had bugs. No amount of reading "opinion" pieces on the internet is going to make you an expert. Some people dont like some things, others swear by it. From the stuff I have programmed in. Its a pretty well thought out, ground up framework that allows more flexibility than... any other major game I have ever seen.

Also dont confuse the fact that alot of the update.esm and dlc packs just had dirty/depreciated edits as being a problem. They are only a problem if you dont properly sanitize and patch your game. Otherwise its a non-issue 99% of the time.

And the push for monitization was actually not a Bethesda idea. It was Steam/Valve that wanted to make more money. They got permission from Bethesda to make third party sales on their title, and they did not make it a requirement for content creators to make people pay for mods. It was completely voluntary on the content creators side of things. We all saw how that turned out.

I am glad that you disapprove of people trying to be compensated for hours and hours of hard work. That is an excellent attitude.

And its fairly obvious that mods will not be required to be cross platform. Its going to follow similar models where PC will pioneer and Consoles will lag behind. As always though, PC modding will be the most comprehensive.
-- Fedgar

ZwemmendeBoom

• i'll be back
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 09:47:09 PM »
You are over complicating a simple issue.
I guess you're right about that. I might have let myself go into a rant. Apologies.

I probably should have added some more information about myself before posting. I've used mods for a long time. I have a descent 'know how' about how to properly use them. I also have a basic understanding about the Creation Kit. Also, my opinions are mainly my own. Of course, I do come across articles or videos from time to time which could influence my opinions. If I'm not mistaken, this is something which occurs to most people.

I am glad that you disapprove of people trying to be compensated for hours and hours of hard work. That is an excellent attitude.
I've donated multiple times on mods which I thought would be essential.
I think that the Nexus does a far better job, letting people choose if they want to pay or not.
I don't disapprove of people making money, especially not if they, in this case mod creators, worked really hard to earn it. In fact, I admire some of them for the work they've done. I just didn't like how Bethesda and Valve divided the share, as how I remember it, was that the mod creator only got 25%. I could've remembered that wrong, so please correct me if it isn't true. Anyway, I'm glad that it turned out the way it went.

As i said, I might have gone into a rant. Once again apologies for that.

ZwemmendeBoom

• i'll be back
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 09:56:46 PM »
Fallout Shelter is pretty fun though :P