Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: What does your PCs look like?  (Read 30553 times)

Jzargo

• #smokesk00maeveryday
    • View Profile
Re: What does your PCs look like?
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2016, 08:38:55 PM »
Well, it's about 2 months, but NVidia will only be releasing high-end video cards, probably the same way Maxwell was released, and I think that they're going to be even less competitive in regards to value this year, making them obsolete for anything below entry high-range.
 About the H110/Z170 build, I'm always ready to discuss, although I'd suggest sticking to an i3 and spending the money ona better GPU instead (as I've said before xd)!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 12:25:30 PM by J'zargo »
Bind us all together,
ablaze with hope and free;
 No storm or heavy weather,
will rock the boat, you'll see;
 The time has come to close your eyes,
and still the wind and rain..

RNTenant

• View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2016, 07:45:09 PM »
   J'zargo, in case you haven't seen it yet, I have sent you the PM with the Skylake builds already. You can see it by clicking "Personal Messages" on the top bar or by clicking the "Number of Messages" near your profile info, to the left of the page.

Jzargo

• #smokesk00maeveryday
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2016, 08:15:06 PM »
xd I know how to read messages and I saw it, didn't have time to respond earlier and I'm doing research now
Bind us all together,

RNTenant

• View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2016, 06:38:24 AM »
   Hello everyone. This is SuperSonic14045 speaking.

My current and only computer is a very old (and bad) laptop. Its specifics are available on an HTML file attached to this reply. In case you cannot see it, it is an Acer Aspire 1650.
   Now, in the near future, I will be building an entire desktop spec, complete with monitor, keyboard and mouse. Here are the components I will be using:
Component type   Component nameP/N (part number)Estimated price
CaseTacens Mars Gaming MC0MC0€21,90
PSUZalman TX-Series 500W - 80PLUSZM500-TX€44,90
MotherboardASRock H81M-HDS R2.0 Intel H81 SK115090-MXGX80-A0UAYZ€54,90
RAMCrucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 2x4GB 1600MHz Cas9BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00   €35,90
CPUIntel Core i3 4170 3.6GHzBX80646I34170€115,90
CPU CoolerRaijintek Aidos Heatpipe CPU Cooler - 92mm0P105246€21,90
GPUXFX R7 360 DD Core Edition 2GB GDDR5R7-360P-2DF5€119,90
Case fanNox Fan NX80NOXFANNX80€3,90
SSDOCZ Trion 150 SSD 2.5 SATA III 120GBTRN150-25SAT3-120G€50,90
Keyboard/MouseNox Krom Kombat KitNXKROMKOMBAT€26,90
MonitorSamsung LED LS22D300HY 5msLS22D300HY/EN€109,90
Wireless USBTP-LINK Nano-Wireless N USB Adapter 150Mbps TL-WN725N   TL-WN725N€7,90
Total€614,80

After much anticipation, I can finally say the system has been built! Some things I would like to note:
       - The case was, to put it lightly, a hassle to work with. For a Micro-ATX case, it is quite small and the material is super flimsy. Despite having a listed SSD mount, we didn't manage to find it (the lack of an instruction book only added salt to this issue) so I ended up leaving it on the bottom of the case, wrapped in a foam-like substance that happened to come with the motherboard (Note: non-conductive). The expansion slot 'cover' also had to be messed with so the HDMI cable could fit. If anything, this is the first part that will be changed. Also, if I am allowed, I do not recommend anyone to buy this case.
       - The motherboard actually came with an updated BIOS (1.30, instead of 1.10). I might update to 1.40; emphasis on might. Did.
       - The PSU seems to work fine. I will edit the topic with some voltage readings sometime today. A side note, it has 2 PCI-E 8 pin connectors, not 4 like Zalman's website shows.
       - The system posts ridiculously fast and the SSD boots Windows 7 Ultimate in 6 exact seconds (installed for testing, will be using Windows 10).
       - The Blitz keyboard + mouse Combo was out of stock so I bought Nox' Krom Kombat Combo instead. This one only has orange backlighting and typing on it feels very good, despite not seemingly being a mechanical keyboard.
       - I love the monitor. Period. No backlight bleed, awesome wavy back finish, easy assembly and touch controls.

I will add pictures of the build and some benchmark screenshots later today as attachments. More notes might also come.

EDIT: Images and benchmark attachments added. I only had a mobile phone to take these pictures so I apologize for the lack of quality in them:

« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:14:32 PM by SuperSonic14045 »

Gelanor

• Donator
  • That's Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2016, 06:44:56 PM »
Pssst I found this build on pcpartpicker while I was looking around and I have to admit its pretty dandy! And I also commented
Don't Ask, Just Tell...

RNTenant

• View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2016, 07:27:51 PM »
Pssst I found this build on pcpartpicker while I was looking around and I have to admit its pretty dandy! And I also commented
   I saw it.

ZwemmendeBoom

• i'll be back
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2016, 08:34:17 PM »
I've been eager to see your final build. It looks great! A misfortune the case didn't have the listed mount, though I like your solution. Hopefully it'll serve you well.

I might post some pictures and benchmarks of my own PC too soon, if you're interested of course.

RNTenant

• View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2016, 08:56:32 PM »
I've been eager to see your final build. It looks great! A misfortune the case didn't have the listed mount, though I like your solution. Hopefully it'll serve you well.
   I am not the one who should be credited for the SSD cover solution, the person who assisted me with the computer build is. Also...

I might post some pictures and benchmarks of my own PC too soon, if you're interested of course.
   Yes, please.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:18:31 PM by SuperSonic14045 »

Jzargo

• #smokesk00maeveryday
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2016, 04:20:09 PM »
Hey sonic! Sorry for not responding earlier, was a fair bit busy and didn't have time to make a thorough post!
 Glad to see you finally put together the build! Kinda a shame for the flimsy case but if it works, I suppose it's fine :P. I googled around and couldn't find any info on the SSD mount but I suppose that if you don't move it too much, the SSD will be fine in the foam, mine has also been sitting in a bunch of foam for a couple of years now and it's not making any problems, even though I do move the PC around accidentally cause it's in the way of my legs.
 The cable management seems pretty good given the circumstances and your temps. Do you have any intake fans? I can't see any but if you have one at the front it might do some good to stick the cables to the side (I used tape when I was first doing CM xD).
 I always thought the 212 evo (along with 98% of the aftermarket coolers) is kinda ugly or at least too plain, but dayum, you convinced me! I'm literally going to get one just for the looks now!
 The keyboard looks good, does it have n-key body rollover? As in how many keys can you press before it locks the output? There was a pretty cool article for testing that, I'll find it and link it here. Also, how's the internet connection? That USB modem looks pretty small!

And one last thing..
PEEL OFF THAT MONITOR COVER
niiice and slow
Bind us all together,

RNTenant

• View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2016, 05:37:43 PM »
   Greetings J'zargo. I am happy to know you like the build ;D Now, about somethings you mentioned/asked about...

The case does not support fans at the front, and I am not going to mod this case. Because of this, the case fan is set for intake. Yes, it is fighting the cooler fan, but neither of us wanted a heavily negative air pressure inside the case so this had to be done.
   On the subject of aftermarket coolers, not only they offer (much) better cooling power compared to stock coolers (compared to AMD's new Wraith, this can be disputed), they make much less noise so they allow for safer and quieter workloads. The way tall coolers work also allows a linear air flow inside the case, which is optimal for cooling down all components.
   Remember how I said the case would be the first part changed? I might already have a target purchase for when that happens. If you'd like to know it (and if it is okay with staff), I can link you the product page through a PM.
   It was quite unfortunate the other keyboard + mouse combo was sold out, the keyboard has 5 macro keys and had Fn key imputs; I don't mind this one though.
   Internet is working fine, though I got somewhat disappointed when I did a speedtest, though only with the download speeds.

And one last thing..
PEEL OFF THAT MONITOR COVER
niiice and slow
   What about dust? :-\
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:43:19 PM by SuperSonic14045 »

Raid

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2016, 06:39:19 PM »
http://imgur.com/gykWztc

Pic was too big to post lol
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:44:15 PM by RaidGod »

Jzargo

• #smokesk00maeveryday
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2016, 06:43:53 PM »
Geez! Neat! Is that a NZXT Phantom 240? Post the specs!

On a side note, what camera is that? :P
Bind us all together,

Raid

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2016, 06:48:56 PM »
Yeah I got that case not too long ago :)

Specs:
NZXT Phantom 240 - Case
Corsair CX750M - PSU
AMD FX-6300 - CPU
16gb of Corsair Vengeance - RAM
MSI GeForce GTX 970 - GPU
ASUS 970 Pro Gaming Aura - MOBO
Tons of dif fans, dont know what brands they are lol

And the camera is a canon 500d/Rebel T1i

Raid

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2016, 06:57:37 PM »
Oh and the other stuff:
Headset - Logitech G930
Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70
Monitors - Two ASUS and an old acer
Speakers - Genius SW-G2.1 1250 2.1
Microphone (out of pic) - Blue Snowball
Mouse - Razer Naga
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:59:44 PM by RaidGod »

Jzargo

• #smokesk00maeveryday
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2016, 07:12:32 PM »
That MOBO really looks sweet! You could have gone with an i3 for the CPU, but good combo otherwise!
 Always wanted to get this Phantom, but if the case is right the budget will be tight x-x
My father used to own the same camera! I also liked shooting with it but I'm contemplating on buying a Canon 100D for amateur photography since it's almost the same price as the 1200D in my country.
Bind us all together,