Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: D&D 4e sample adventure info and signups.  (Read 14380 times)

Aureus Lunae

• Donator
  • An arrow of the Moonbow
    • View Profile
D&D 4e sample adventure info and signups.
« on: April 15, 2016, 02:00:56 PM »
I have noticed interest of people in D&D. While I am  notcommitted to run an entire campaign, I can run an adventure for those who wants to try it out. While I am not a good Dungeon Master, I do have a bit of experience in it.

When
Saterdays or Sundays at CET timezone, preferable afternoon/evening (Yes, with dinner breaks if needed, including my own).
It will run the first Saterday/Sunday we have the players ready, till the adventure ends. This can be 1 day, or 3 days.

Group 1: Saturday (21:00/22:30-00:00/01:00)
TipsyTea - Playing a Vampire
SvenYoru - Warden?
Daniel - Playing a Druid
LilithLavina - Prefered Cleric
Enderaptor
Epicnata - Knight or Paladin

Group 2: Sunday (14:00-17:00)
This could be you.
Migas - Playing a Cleric
Pauizz - Playing a Paladin
Spooky - Barbarian?
Richgotya - Warlock
Ninja - Premade character

Players
4-6 players.

Characters
Level 1 characters. You can make your own, or you can use one of the few I made. Each character starts with 100 gold to buy their equipment. If you want to know more about roles, check this link.

Suggestions for classes:
Ranger: How will you navigate through the woods without someone who is trained in nature. Can also be a ranged or melee striker.
Cleric/Ardent/Bard or any other leader class - As healing in the group is important. Cleric, Ardents and Bards are one of the easiest ones to learn.
Rogue/Thief/Ninja - These are high damage strikers.  Also good in stealth and thievery, which might be important.
Paladin/fighter/Knight - Basically defenders, tanks. They will be the ones protecting the party.
Wizards/Invokers or any other controller class. - Minion clears are their specialties, and they can help the party out where needed.

These are just suggestions. All classes may be played.

How to play?
The group I normally play with, have a program called maptools for it. This is used for all rolls, encounters and important details. Together with a skype call to talk in character and describing the scenes and actions.

I only have a few rules.
1: The DM has the final word about rules and decisions. If I choose to invoke it, it is not meant to discourage players, but to keep the game going.
2: Do not bring issues into the TRPG. All issues you have with a certain player should stay out the TRPG.
3: If an issue arise during the TRPG, we will take max 5min to resolve it. If it cannot be resolved during, I will invoke rule one and make a decision to keep the session going. After the session we will continue trying to resolve the issue (This does not mean issues with the server).
4: Do pay attention and think during combat of your next actions already. I know many of you will be new to this, and we will help you out a bit, but at least try or ask for suggestions during your turn if you cannot think of a next action, or are doubting. I will tell you possible actions and effects, and maybe other players as well.

Sources
I can give you access to sourcebooks, and there is a site that allows for easy lookup. It will be 4e, the system I have most experience with.
If you make a character, and need some sources, you can check the files here. This also has an excel sheet to make your character.
You can find some info about themes here.

Signup
If you want to play, please reply with the form following this. If you do sign up, we expect you to be available for at least 4 hours on the days.

- Name:
- Availability (in CET time):
- Prefered role/class:
- Previous TRPG experiences:
- Why do you want to play?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:43:58 PM by Aurum Crescent »
Part of The Hosters

There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentleman.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

So don't mess with me!

Tipsytea

• Donator
  • Bun Buns! U(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)U
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 4e sample adventure info and signups.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 03:17:58 PM »
- Name: Tipsy tea
- Availability (in CET time): Late, like past 5 pm
- Prefered role/class: Ranger or Rogue
- Previous TRPG experiences: No, but I do have roleplay experience and have read some of the guide books
- Why do you want to play?: I've always wanted to, I mean I made a forum to get on going, but I couldn't find a DM.

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 05:45:20 PM »
Can't play on sundays evenings until I finish my internship :(

Regardless:
- Name: Migas
- Availability (in CET time): SATURDAY night (pls pls pls) / Sunday until I catch the bus (12pm - 6pm CET)
- Prefered role/class: Cleric or Rogue
- Previous TRPG experiences: None
- Why do you want to play? I've been always interested since Tipsy told me about :), I am following a group on twitch playing the 5th edition. I'm shy but you told me there's other ways to play without microphone.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:52:25 PM by Migas »
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 09:55:13 PM »
- Name: Pauizz
- Availability (in CET time): Saturday 3PM- 7 PM/ Sunday 3 PM+
- Prefered role/class: Paladin or Wizard
I've been interested since Tipsy mentionned it and I had my eye on it when I saw a stream session on it. Only participated since I saw we could play without microphones too =]

Aureus Lunae

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 10:31:00 AM »
A bit more info on the roles, as 4e have them defined in 4 types. Each role is important to a party, and each class has a main role, and can be one or more subroles.

Controllers
Controllers deal damage with large numbers of enemies at the same time. They favor offense over defense, using powers that deal damage to multiply foes at once, as well as subtler powers that weaken, confuse, or delay their foes. Controllers have often the control over the battlefield, by giving enemies debuffs, or moving them around or allies around.
Examples: Wizards, Invokers, Psions, Seekers.

Defenders
Defenders have the highest defenses in the game, and good close-up offense. They are the party's front line combatants, wherever they're standing, that is where the action is. Defenders have powers and abilities to make it difficult for enemies to move past them or to ignore them in battle. Several defenders have marks, meaning that if the enemy ignores them in combat, they take a -2 penalty on attack rolls, and giving the defender who marked the enemy, an action to deal damage or deny effects. Others have the defender Aura, which does the same thing, but only to adjacent enemies, and have a way to stay adjacent to them, or punish for moving away. Defenders are always next to their marked target, except the Swordmage, who can be 10 meters/squares away.
Examples: Fighters, Paladins, Knights, Swordmages.

Leaders
Leaders inspire, heal, and aid the other characters in an adventuring group. Leaders have good defenses, but their strength lies in powers that protect their
companions and target specific foes for the party to concentrate on.
Clerics and warlords (and other leaders) encourage and motivate their adventuring companions, but just because they fill the leader role doesn?t mean they?re
necessarily a group?s spokesperson or commander. The party leader?if the group has one?might as easily be a charismatic warlock or an authoritative paladin.
Leaders (the role) fulfill their function through their mechanics; party leaders are born through roleplaying.
Leaders have powers that heal their allies, at least twice/encounter. That is part of their class. Clerics have many healing powers beside that single class power, while a leader like a warlord has less healing powers, but can enable their allies to attack the enemies during his turn.
Examples: Clerics, Warlords, Bards, Ardents.

Strikers
Strikers specialize in dealing high amounts of damage to a single target at a time. They have the most concentrated offense of any character in the game. Strikers rely on superior mobility, trickery, or magic to move around tough foes and single out the enemy they want to attack. Their class features increases their damage output, either by dealing bonus damage on hitting a target, to giving a raw bonus on all damage rolls. The only exception to strikers going for single target is a sorcerer, who is an AoE striker, dealing more damage than controllers, but without the debuffs.
Examples: Rogues, Thieves, Rangers, Sorcerers, Assassins.
Part of The Hosters

There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentleman.

So don't mess with me!

DanteVentura

• Journalist / Hoster
  • Donator
  • Know Your Staff! & Roll Your Knowledge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 02:12:10 PM »
- Name: DanteVentura
- Availability (in CET time): Saturday 4pm-12pm/Sunday 4pm-8pm
- Prefered role/class: Cleric or Fighter
- Previous TRPG experiences: Just a bit, I played Pillars of Eternity.
I always wanted to play because I like RPG games (basically roleplay), and it seems funny. :D
Member of The Hosters

Do you want to know a bit more about the staff? Check the link: KYS! !!!

Devereux

• Not Shadow
  • Livin' like Larry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 03:05:34 PM »
- Name: Spooky
- Availability (in CET time): 2pm-7pm CET Saturdays mostly
- Prefered role/class: Leader or Controller
- Why do you want to play? The game seems fun and interesting :)

Fjerreiro

• Emperor of Incendium
  • Donator
  • ~Lex Talionis~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 04:47:42 PM »
- Name: Fjerreiro
- Availability (in CET time): Saturday from 4pm-6.30pm & 9.00pm-2.00am / Sunday from 10.00am - 6.30 pm & 9.00pm - 11.00pm
- Prefered role/class: Wizard
- Previous TRPG experiences: none
- Why do you want to play? Because it sounds interesting and I want to see what it's like.

SvenYoru

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 10:55:12 PM »
- Availability (in CET time): Sundays (all day) , Saturdays (Any hour as long as it's every other saturday)
- Prefered role/class: Bard (If you allow me to sing huhuhuhuh). I can play into any role needed :D
- Previous TRPG experiences: Dnd Advanced/3e/3.5e/4e/5e/pathfinder, L5R, World of Darkness(Vampire/Werewolf/Hunters/Human), Warhammer, Killing puppies for satan, others.
- Why do you want to play? Because I love being dramatic and playing fantasy games :D

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 11:14:25 PM »
I already created my character and story line  ::). So excited for this, lol :-X.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 01:59:08 PM »
When will we play a game?  :D

Aureus Lunae

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 02:24:11 PM »
Looking for a time where most can.

Seems to be 2 groups on Saterdays.

Group 1: (14:00/15:00-17:00)
Pauizz
Spooky
SvenYoru

Got my dinner between 17:00-18:00

Group 2: (19:00/21:00-00:00)
Tipsy Tea
Migas  - Cleric (Leader)
Danni
Fjer

Please let me know if this is possible.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 05:27:24 PM by Aurum Crescent »
Part of The Hosters

So don't mess with me!

Fjerreiro

• Emperor of Incendium
  • Donator
  • ~Lex Talionis~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 05:21:33 PM »
I can only make the 2nd group if we start at 9pm. 7pm cet is too early for me

Aureus Lunae

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 05:27:11 PM »
It is fine, I placed for the second group, in case you might still be early, and that is the time the server for it will be up again, so people can get used to the framework we will be using. We can't start before everyone is here, whenever that is 19:00 or 21:00.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 05:42:20 PM by Aurum Crescent »
Part of The Hosters

So don't mess with me!

DanteVentura

• Journalist / Hoster
  • Donator
  • Know Your Staff! & Roll Your Knowledge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 05:28:45 PM »
I have no problem with the time in the second group :)
Member of The Hosters

Do you want to know a bit more about the staff? Check the link: KYS! !!!