Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Frost ban appeal.  (Read 4070 times)

FroSSt

• Donator
  • If things go wrong, don't go with them.
    • View Profile
Frost ban appeal.
« on: February 07, 2018, 06:44:41 PM »
- In-game name:
  Jvmcs

- Date and time of ban? (Include Timezone):
  Sometime 3 years ago.

- Which Staff member banned you? (Blank if you do not know)

- Why were you banned? (What Appears on your ban message)
  I was banned for lying,multiaccounting and disrespectful attitude.

- Were you previously jailed or muted? (If yes, say why)
  I honestly remember being jailed twice, could be mistaken.

- Why should you be unbanned?
   I want to skip the nonsense I wrote last time and just get to the thing. A lot of time has passed since I got banned, somewhere around 3 years. I can say that I have matured quite a bit in those years and that I'm not a child anymore. I would be grateful for a chance to be a part of this community again.

Additional Information:
/

Regards.
Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 06:49:24 PM »
Your appeal will be under review and an answer will be given in the next 7 days.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

Migas

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 02:31:43 PM »
You have been unbanned.

FroSSt

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 03:19:26 PM »
Thank you, I am truly grateful for another chance!
Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.

FroSSt

• Donator
    • View Profile
Frost ban appeal.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 08:09:56 PM »
In-game name:
Fro55t

- Date and time of ban? (Include Timezone):
April

- Which Staff member banned you? (Blank if you do not know)
Brenda

- Why were you banned? (What Appears on your ban message)
Apparently I was banned for homophobia.

- Were you previously jailed or muted? (If yes, say why)

- Why should you be unbanned?
For starters I think that it is absolutely unprofessional from Brenda to ban me on the server over a conversation on the Sentinel snapchat. I would like to open my argument with stating that having an opinion and mentioning/discussing a scientific research are two different things. I was simply mentioning an article I had read. For us to understand what homophobia actually is (dislike of or prejudice against gay people). Its funny I dont remember disliking and/or having prejudice against hvjoeri, nor homosexual people I know in real life. Nor have I ever stated something that confirms me being a homophobe. Furthermore I find it disgraceful that people in the chat revolted against me and decided to leave and create a new chat due to the fact that I have refused to leave the chat. It was childish. I would like my ban appeal to be lifted and also my ban from the discord server to be lifted aswell, which I apologize for breaking the unwritten rule of not being able to speak against ongoing world events.

Additional Information:
Sidenote, my sister and her friend played on the server some time ago, just a heads up that there will be two accounts linked to my main one. I dont think they will be playing anymore.

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Frost ban appeal.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 09:07:44 PM »
Well lets take a look here. I was the one to ban you from the discord and that is what I am going to set straight here.

Here is a sample of some things you said back in March, if it has left your memory and you would like a recap:

Sample 1: "Honestly fuck china for doing this shit"

Sample 2: "I believe official info says it originated from China, correct? That's because Chinese look at everything as food"

Sample 3: "The coronavirus is a huge setup for money laundering"

Sample 4: "Italy was on the verge of economic collapse, the corona virus was implemented in Italy with the aim of preventing economic collapse. Consequently, pharmacies and supermarkets have once again stabilized the financial situation given the panic of the Italians" Taken from this before it was translated, "Italija je bila pred ekonomski kolaps, corona virus je implementiran u italiju s ciljem da se sprijeci ekonomski kolaps.
Samim time farmacije i supermarketi su ponovno stabilizovali financijsku situaciju s obzirom na paniku italijana"

Do I need to go on? I warned you (as did many other staff members and members of the community) repeatedly to not spread false information and much of it was deleted at the time for this reason. You showed no regard for fact checking and carried on in this way, it came across as ill-mannered towards the rest of the community.

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 12:01:02 AM »
I'd like an answer to what Oplegoman stated. It was a collective decision to ban you, not Brenda's. If you have an issue with it then you have an issue with all of Sentinel Staff, so I'm not sure if that's gonna help you here. The decision was justified not "unprofessional".
Until your reply, this appeal is on hold.

FroSSt

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 12:45:34 AM »
I dont dispute what you are saying, although a ban on the spot and sending a picture of it, doesnt really seem like a collective decision to me. I most certainly do not have a problem with Sentinelcraft staff. I do understand that you would 10 out of 10 back her. However I am not looking to start nor cause any heated arguments. On the other hand I do still stand firmly behind my statement that the ban was unjustified. I, for one, know that I would never do anything similar when I used to be staff. I believe it was unjustified due to the fact it happened outside of the server. Banning me for being "homophobic" and sending a picture of the ban with some harsh words is misconduct in my opinion.

I do know that calling out misconduct and claiming an unjustified ban isnt going to get me anywhere in a place like this, but I will most certainly not try and sweet my way back, I believe some justice is due.

FroSSt

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 12:49:15 AM »
Answering to what the Admin above stated.

I do realize that I have made mistakes on my part regarding the discord ban. Stating out opinions isnt really spreading misinformation. I was angry at the world for what had happened. I dont dispute anything he wrote above, he is 100% correct! But I would appreciate if we could focus on the server ban for the time being.

Thank you.

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 09:51:10 AM »
I think you have missed the whole point, Sentinel is not just a server it's a community and your action within and around those within the community will have direct repercussions upon you. I fail to see how you cannot see that your behaviour outside the server can have an impact within it? Isn't this the same for anything within the real word? Therefore, all aspects of your behaviour around the community is being questioned to see if you have actually changed. Again we are not here to delve into 'opinions' but the facts of your case.

You seem to not know what false information is, so here is a definition of this;
"Misinformation is false or inaccurate information that is communicated regardless of an intention to deceive. Examples of misinformation are false rumours, insults, and pranks. Disinformation is a species of misinformation that is deliberately deceptive, e.g. malicious hoaxes, spear phishing, and computational propaganda. The principal effect of misinformation is to elicit fear and suspicion among a population" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misinformation.
An opinion: "An opinion is a statement of belief which may or may not be backed up by facts, but cannot be proven true or false", which all of your claims were easily proved false.

Again I would like you to address this, in a more mature and full manner, instead of trying to get around it.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 09:57:09 AM by Oplegoman »

FroSSt

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 05:50:25 PM »
Sorry for the late response. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I now understand how my actions have impacted the decision to ban me.  I would like to apologise for any wrongdoing I may have done in a few cases. Perhaps bringing up a topic of such sort was a mistake in the Sentinel snapchat. However I still find it difficult to link myself to homophobia. Judging from my experiences and being friends with homosexual people. I hardly believe anyone homophobic would befriend a homosexual person. With that being said I apologise once again for doing wrong in the discord server regarding misinformation. I will admit to my mistake there. Although sparking a topic and mentioning several times that I read the arguments I was presenting in a scientific research regarding homosexuality is most certainly not homophobia. Therefore I still stand by that I was wrongfully accused of homophobia and ultimately banned for it.

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 05:25:00 PM »
Your appeal is under review and an answer will be given in the next 7 days.

Attached are 2 statzments from 2 different staff members on discord who expressed the urgency of your ban and the reason. I hope it sheds light on the impact of the stuff you were saying about China.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 05:48:52 PM by The Carrot »

FroSSt

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 06:50:06 PM »
I know that another reply is not needed, but I feel the need to express how regretful I am about the discord incidents. Since we are focusing on that. I have said it before and I am going to say this again. I am sorry and I apologise for every bit of misinformation and ?hate? speech towards China. I could also list excuses, which I am going to, although they do not justify what I have said. It what a change of life when this whole thing happened (the virus outbreak) and it literally happened a few days in after I have decided to move to another country. I was by myself, and very low on income. Therefore needed a job, which was impossible to get at the time. It was a survival for me. I was worried if I would have enough money for rent and food, which were getting tighter each month. I was scared and I was angry. I suppose I needed to redirect all of that somewhere so I could keep it together, which was a crucial mistake on my part. In the end I love this community and have loved it since 2013. Please do not look at this as a ?sob story?, instead as my point of view. I am sorry once again and I would never do anything like it ever again.

Migas

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2020, 04:48:12 PM »
You have been unbanned. If you repeat the same behaviour, you'll be on this spot again. This is for in-game chat, forums, discord, or any other community channels.