Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: suggestion  (Read 1960 times)

MGMB

• Donator
  • weeb lol
    • View Profile
suggestion
« on: October 04, 2019, 04:32:42 PM »
hey , so since there is no sleeping on the server Phantoms are the most annoying thing ever , like you would be minding your own business playing minecraft and a phantom will just come and start screeching and ruining your day , so i just simply suggest removing them , that might sound crazy but hear me up , just remove them and make membrane craftable via a datapack (maybe bonemeal + feathers) think about it .... why do they exist ... the only useful thing out of them is slow falling potions , but to be honest you have to consider mini games maybe so that is a problem however you can adjust their behavior so they do not target players that does not sleep if you want to avoid removing them , please consider this , i just find it extremely irritating , even tho it sounds like a big change i believe it is worth it  , and thank you.

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
Re: suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 05:36:52 PM »
At the moment, if a player lays in their bed till the darken anamation has finished and the player then leaves the bed, the phantoms will have gone was this is act is treated as a player sleeping. This does mean a player doesn't have to have everyone sleeping to rid themselves of their phantoms.

amnotbananaama

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 05:59:04 PM »
What Oplegoman said is correct MGMB. I personally agree with you that phantoms were a very poorly thought out addition to vanilla. Our position at Sentinelcraft is that we try to keep the game as close to vanilla as possible, except when circumstances require otherwise.

The next vanilla minecraft update will be adding the new gamerule /gamerule doInsomia. This will disable all phantom spawning. If we are in a position to update in the future, it might be a good discussion to have about switching it on.

Again thank you for your suggestion! It's player input and feedback that helps make sentinel great!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 06:01:01 PM by amnotbananaama »

MGMB

• Donator
  • weeb lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 11:03:51 AM »
yaaay at least it would be easily doable in the future , i cant wait for 1.15 so you guys look into it more .... And thank you both  <3

AceAlmighty16

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 03:10:47 AM »
To add to this post, You dont even have to wait for the dark animation to finish. You literally just sleep for like 3 seconds and then you are good to go.
Hi, Im Aceyface. Dont mess with my Bug!