Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: MobTeleporter  (Read 2173 times)

Annu_Mannu

• Admin
  • I'm a small,but my heart is explosively good;)
    • View Profile
MobTeleporter
« on: September 10, 2020, 05:10:07 PM »
Would like for this Mob teleport plugin to be consider for the server. Players will be able to teleport mobs to their base. The plugin gets updated regularly and the creators of the plugin is constantly focused on helping out players fixing problems in the plugin if there is any bugs. The plugin can be added and there is no need to do any changes to the config files to make it work. Over all this plugin has been getting good reviews and not much complaints There for I think its a good plugin to have.

This can also be used as a great donater feature or vote prizes. Players can donate to be able to teleport curtain animals considering there donater level.

Plugin link: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mob-teleporter-otheranimalteleport.63497/

Things that can be configed:
->The radius of the teleportation of a mob a player needs to be in.
->adding in more then one world, to teleport mobs from.
->able to choose what mobs can be teleported.
I am a loving person "cute" some will say and if I don't have anything to do I will follow you, But I do tend to be a bit clumsy "so my bad!"

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
Re: MobTeleporter
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 08:07:31 PM »
Hi Annu,

I thought I would respond to this and offer some thoughts of my own to the discussion and ask others for their input also. I have spend a while looking into this plugin and it does indeed looks like a good plugin which has the customisability we would need to integrate it well on Sentinel. But I am finding it hard to work out when I would use it, for passive mobs, we sell eggs at /shop and for many hostile mobs, we also sell them at /shop. I can see people only using this for villagers or are there other scenarios which this would be used? Our long-standing position with villagers has been 'you gotta move them yourself'.

Another question would be how would we configure the permission tree for donators? Would it be worthwhile for our donators?

Annu_Mannu

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 09:44:57 PM »
But I am finding it hard to work out when I would use it, for passive mobs, we sell eggs at /shop and for many hostile mobs, we also sell them at /shop.

I have also put thought into how to use this plugin as we do offer a wide range of options in ways to get mobs. But there are players that do find animals in survival and choose not to buy things from shop. I like to think about how many players have joined and asked "how can I get my horse to my base?" or "will my animal spawn to my base if I go there?" I would like to make that possible with this plugin. Given the fact that when players go mine they like to take there dogs with them and chances of them spawning with you is very slim and you end up loosing them.

I can see people only using this for villagers or are there other scenarios which this would be used?

There are players that love to take the time to travel their villagers to their base and the trail they leave behind like the rail ways end up getting griefed by players walking by and since we try to avoid people form griefing on this server I though that this might be a good place to start at. But if you still want players to go through that you can just remove villagers as a mob that you can spawn to your base. I would want to limit players on the fact that they can't spawn villagers between worlds as it will keep a level of difficulty in game play. Insuring players still find the villagers instead of bouncing them around the worlds. But as of right now I don't know how that is possible since this is a small plugin with little configurations. 

Another question would be, how would we configure the permission tree for donators? Would it be worthwhile for our donators?

I'm unsure how we could config permissions for donaters as its a ruff idea. If we could however do this I think it would make a good extra perk for donators by giving them permission to maybe only being able to teleport the mobs they can change into with /dis, instead of giving them full perms on this. The donaters do get a lot when they donate, and keeping in mind how much it helps the server I don't see why not give them a little more for actual money they pay. My argument is that do you even use your full donation kit? maybe you use some more then others and some are there when you need them and this is what this plugin will provide for a donater its there when you need it.

I am a loving person "cute" some will say and if I don't have anything to do I will follow you, But I do tend to be a bit clumsy "so my bad!"

amnotbananaama

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 10:30:30 PM »
This is a great idea, I really like it :). I could see this being used a lot, there are a lot of mobs that players may find in the world (horses, tropical fish, pandas, foxes, cats, etc.) but not have a practical way to bring them home. I would definitely use this feature if we added it

What about giving this ability like a cooldown of once per week, to keep things fair?

Yes we sell these eggs at shop, but for the mobs I listed, there are so many variants it can be hard to get a specific type that you want

Annu_Mannu

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 06:24:44 AM »

What about giving this ability like a cooldown of once per week, to keep things fair?

You can set a limit on how many animals they can tp at once.

charactername111

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 07:45:21 AM »
i think it sounds like a good idea that can be really useful to people with the only drawback being learning how to customize it

and nana, pretty sure you can bucket any tropical fish and itll maintain its type and all that >.> but the rest i totally agree with!

although, id like to know... are you able to teleport other people mobs with this? im slightly worried about malicious use. from what i read in the link you can only teleport tamed or leashed entities so whats to stop someone from stealing someone else's animals?

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 02:05:20 PM »
I can see that this would have many good uses, apart from wolves and cats which should already teleport to the player. As for the rest, doesn't this take away from the potential work that needs to be done to get those entities to your own areas? Many people spent money hours transporting villagers, with this plugin it could be done within seconds with this plugin, I feel it would take away from the work that you would have to do vanilla Minecraft.

As for some potential malicious uses I currently have thought about:
1. Could I steal villagers is current public trading halls?
2. What would stop someone taking my animals?
2. What would stop someone taking 10+ wolves to TP kill?
3. What would stop someone taking mobs into my own areas and causing mayhem or damage?

The final thing we may have to also consider, what's the plugins current performance on a server? Do the very limited benefits outway the potential issues it could cause?

Lightterr

• Donator
  • Apes together strong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 07:20:08 AM »
It does sound very nice but I see some ways this can be exploited. Imagine logging in and someone has tpd like 5-6 withers in Ur base. Or tping a zombie in a spawn proofed villager house. Or tping a snow golem in someone's claim to cover everything in snow.
Bamboo?