Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Major Problems for SentinelCraft  (Read 5801 times)

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
Major Problems for SentinelCraft
« on: October 17, 2020, 11:15:10 AM »
Hello everyone.

Well... I am sorry to say but this is definitely unavoidable to only keep between staff.

Unfortunately during an update today, I updated Paper to an unstable version, even though it was released to public. As I have never had any issues with Paper before, I thought it would be safe to just update and improve our server's performance as always, alongside other plugins. My issue report is here, if you want to know about it: https://github.com/PaperMC/Paper/issues/4658

This unstable version caused ALL our worlds to become corrupted, which makes our server unable to start. Also adding to this, our backup system was currently not enabled which means there's no way to revert things back.

I'm not sure the extent of the damage but since I had the server whitelisted (might have been the only decent and thoughtful thing I have done this morning), only loaded chunks might have been corrupted. So this might only be the 25 "spawn chunks" for each world. However this is a considerable extent of damage already that at least will require deleting those chunks, if not more than that.

I am deeply sorry for this issue. As you might think, I am deeply upset with this as this is a community I love and I have seen grow up throughout the years, I can't believe that in just a matter of minutes, the "history" of our server has changed drastically.

I just hope this doesn't make you lose interest of staying with us and I hope you understand this issue might take hours or even days to fix (spawn world is the one with most damage due to having NPC's there).

If the damage is bigger than we think, we might have to think of a new approach for the server, because on that scenario, things would be unfixable. This might include finally setting up BungeeCord and revitalize our plugins to fit this new system. ALL the player data is safe, just to let you know. This is only a world issue.

All applications and appeals will be temporarily suspended to focus on this. -Edit- Applications and ban appeals will be processed once again, as normal.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:27:12 AM by xXCRYMINALXx »
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

Pixielay

• View Profile
Re: Major Problems for SentinelCraft
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 11:26:59 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about this unfortunate event.
And Migas, we know server performance are in the sky due to these updates and regular maintenances.
What I wanted to say is don't be sorry even if things goes south. We know you mean good.

Hope everything ok from now on.
Who said games are violent?

Nick The Builder

• Perspective makes any build a beautiful creation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 11:38:18 AM »
I'm okay with it, maybe this will even fix bugs that's been hard to fix too. :D We'll keep supporting you Migas and Staffs!! Keep on Fighting!!! XD
- Your friendly builder, Nick. Visit Coari Crossing, The Gateway to The Kattalox Southwest! </t spawn Coari Crossing>

BananaBro

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 11:48:50 AM »
It's ok Migas even tho theres a chance some of the progress i made for the last 2 month wipe out the drain lets start a new story again and create more memories(that kinda sound gay) as long as we have friend playing with us everything will be ok :) ;)
Bababooey

itsmeoo7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 11:50:10 AM »
does this that my progress i.e base will be gone ??

Annu_Mannu

• Admin
  • I'm a small,but my heart is explosively good;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 11:56:28 AM »
does this that my progress i.e base will be gone ??

Istmeoo7 it is to early to suspect anything for now lets just wait and see what happens , oky :) <3
I am a loving person "cute" some will say and if I don't have anything to do I will follow you, But I do tend to be a bit clumsy "so my bad!"

EMULATOR

• Donator
  • -Beemu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 01:13:45 PM »
After understanding the issue i can see it came from chunk loading and i can see that some of the chunks dont have backup therefore they might be lost i know it would be hard for the staff too fix but me and i hope all of the community is with you guys, worst case scenerio if some chunks are lost i hope we can adapt and fix what we have lost and i hope the community can work together as one and fix this issues. Finally i am sure no one will leave and whatever you do migas and the rest of the staff we shall accept and give our support <3
Bees>Bread

Sak1321

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 02:07:13 PM »
 Thank you guys for the update..
 Lets all hope for the best.
 im sure everything will be fine....if not we will pick up the pieces and glue them back together
 :D ;D 8)

Horsebagger

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Femmetal Classics Online
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 03:48:43 PM »
Thanks for keeping us informed and good luck with tackling this horrible situation!
Oh... and I'm not going anywhere else, no matter what the outcome may be!  ;)
Plant something, anything, nurture it and watch
it grow! You won't believe how great it
will make you feel!

BlockHeadLewie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »
   <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
<3 "To err is human, to foul things up requires technology." - BHL <3
   <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

(I'm not leaving! Take your time! Even this blockhead knows you're doing your bestest!)

JohnBarry99

• Donator
  • Just think of me as your guardian devil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2020, 05:25:27 PM »
Oh... and I'm not going anywhere else, no matter what the outcome may be!  ;)

Same here! Issues may arise, some revisions may happen, and players may leave and never come back, but it's the loving and supportive community that made me stay and feel like I'm at home and loved by a family for almost 6 years already. We're all hoping for the best! We are all with you in this problem <3

not quite my tempo.

JoeArmageddon

• Donator
  • the slave at your disposal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2020, 06:57:06 PM »
Hope it turns out well all Admins!
Don't wear yourselves out!
People can leave the server but we cant leace this family-like community
Good luck!! ;) ;)
Life is meaningless without humor <3

Litintha

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2020, 07:07:29 PM »
As my father use to say;

"Shit happens, doodoo occurs."

As long as things get fixed, no harm, no foul.

FurthestYak74

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2020, 07:39:22 PM »
well it might be better to start with a fresh server...
Maybe this can be a reset?

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2020, 08:05:50 PM »
At this time we are working hard to find fixes to all the world issues we are currently having. Banana and Cryminal have worked hard to narrow down the issues and a potential fix. This does not mean everything is going to be smooth sailing but we want to say we are trying our hardest to ensure the worlds are saved as the last thing we really want to do is reset everything.