Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: double standard  (Read 1445 times)

Hawgie

• View Profile
double standard
« on: December 24, 2020, 05:27:03 AM »
ive noticed a bit of a double standard starting to form for admins and former admins
for instance just today i seen one player swearing and telling someone else to **** off and nothing happened but when i said they were being a rude ****er i was warned and told by staff its ok cos they were former admin
then i seen someone mention another active server and what a surprise no warning but when i mentioned a server that has been dead for more than 5 years i got a warning about talking about other servers
and this isnt the first time ive seen these kind of double standards
its really putting me off the server entirely because if the admins can just decide who has to follow the rules and who doesnt its a bit ****ed
the rules should apply to all players admin and mods included
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 06:04:12 AM by Hawgie »

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
Re: double standard
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 09:17:31 AM »
Hi Hawgie,

I am sorry that you may have experienced this, and this sort of double standard is not something we would like to propagate, but there are a few things here I would like to address as it could be a misunderstanding of the rules, we are a mature server and expect our players act accordingly, therefore swearing in not inherently banned, and we are not fussed by the use of it. Where we would step in would be when this sort of language is used to attack other players as we do deem this to be unacceptable. I suspect you to have only joined recently to our server and many of our players have been around for years and in the case for some over 5 years, this should be a testament to the sort of community we have built here. I can understand your perceived double standard, but could you think that your response was a little sudden and aggressive and that was the reason you was warned? Once you get to know our players and staff team, you will see that we can have a joke and that we are people which do this as we want to ensure the community we once joined is the community others can experience.

With the issue of advertising a server, it could have just sneaked past our staff and as we are just people such things are bound to happen, we are not perfect, and we are not claiming to be as such. If you have any more information or proof I am happy to discuss that with you, or if you would like you could take it up with a Senior Admin, as I do agree the same rules should apply to everyone.

Hawgie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 10:09:18 AM »
no worries ty for reply

BrendaxNL

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 10:28:19 AM »
Together with Hawgie I investigated the situation and reflected upon the situation with him!

All has been resolved, which is why I am closing the topic. Thank you for staying conscious and reporting these things that make you uncomfortable. Have a good day (:
Smile more, it suits you (: