Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Suggestion Thread: Economy  (Read 2809 times)

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
Suggestion Thread: Economy
« on: February 17, 2021, 08:17:03 PM »

Suggestion Thread: Economy

Hello Sentinelcrafters!

Something we knew was bound to happen was inflation. Simply put, the server was printing money without taking any of it away. This makes for crazy balances while we kept the set beginner prices and shop prices all the same. We have tweaked certain prices, tried to promote player shops, added crates (which has roughly taken out at least 15m from the total balances on the server).

At first, it was about a team of 10 people that were discussing the changes and interventions to come. But now, we'd like a fresh intake on the subject as some of you may have your own opinions on the subject.

Some suggestions that were brought up include:

Higher taxing in Towny:
Some of the people at the top of the balance ladder do own towns. At the time being they are being taxed for low amounts versus their large balances. We would up the taxing per plot to 4 or 5$ to take away money slightly faster.  The downside is that the smaller towns will definitely be paying more, but we believe that if you can't afford keeping a town then it's not advised you make one.

Taxing on death:

For the older players on the server you may remember back when we had a plugin called: Death Control. The plugin would tax you depending on the death for a %, and you had to have a minimum balance for your inventory to be kept. When we updated to the newer world we could not keep the plugin as it was discontinued. In the case we find a way to bring this back we would like to know if it is a welcome change (fully knowing this was an original sentinelcraft feature). Keep Inventory is not a Vanilla feature but it was meant to be a privilige for those who can afford it.

Bringing in new tokenshop features:

We have thought of giving the in-game money a new currency value that would be traded for tokenshop items. Obviously the token shop items will also be subject to change or new additions to promote this new money change.

More crates! :

This was just added to make Oplegoman happy.

All the suggestions above are to be taken with a grain of salt. We have not begun work on any of it and would rather know what you think or want to be implemented before we work on anything: this could be plugins, features, tweaks etc..

We look forward to reading your suggestions, reply down below.

-- Sentinelcraft Staff.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 10:14:16 PM by The Carrot »

AceAlmighty16

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion Thread: Economy
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 08:47:10 PM »
Taxing on death would be a great thing to bring back and revamping the tokenshop would be great by itself but adding the money value may make the tokenshop even better. :D No other suggestions right now from me.
Hi, Im Aceyface. Dont mess with my Bug!

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 09:40:46 PM »
More shop reforms:
This should be anything to adding or removing items, changing prices up or down and even trying something completely new? For the shop player feedback is every important.

What about it becoming fully player controlled based upon what is bought or sold? Prices which fluctuate based on supply and demand, could you find a valuable block to sell at high prices? Or want to wait till prices go up to sell your stock? A stock market based on items?

Lottery?
Nothing more to say really? CRATES!

The Dawn of Companies
A player creates a company, they can then deposit money into the company to get started or withdraw it from the company bank. The player as owner can then set their own wages to be paid automatically, and if they wish they can employ another player. The player can work and see their own rank and wages, they can also stock the company shops up, but the initial company creator as owner can sack the employee, change wages, change rank (making them owner as well if they wish) and disband the company. Companies can also pay out all profits as dividends shared between the employees.

A Stock Market
you can buy stocks from companies and wait for the future to come. If the company's stocks grow in value, the stocks you have will grow in value too. Then you have two options, hold them a little longer and hope them will go up even more in the future, or sell them, and warrant some profit. However, if the company's stocks devalue, and you decide to sell them then you'll lose some money

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 11:01:04 PM by Oplegoman »

Eagler1997

• Lord of the lions
  • Donator
  • Becoming a warrior is not a simple task.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 10:17:26 PM »
Will elaborate tommorow :

@Oplegoman the company thing I really like except for the stocks. Children will not understand it and will feel left out. However a company has x amount of job places and has to pay for more. Each employee is paid / day they log in. And the amount of employees you have is taxed (social tax).

Eagler1997

• Lord of the lions
  • Donator
  • Becoming a warrior is not a simple task.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 10:27:42 PM »
Make the crate armor more rare

Give the full set of armor a special effect (beacon effects)?
Or less hunger. More Air,... Stuff that can't be abused for pvp (or disabled when pvping)but makes life easier for pve or building.

It would attract more people to the armor crates again

bugsy12

• Senior Admin
  • #BugsyForAdminNinjaForMember
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 10:29:28 PM »
Higher taxing in Towny:
At risk of being kicked from Shadow Realm, I think it would make sense to up nation upkeep too. The same people with the top balances own nations and would rather eat the cost of upkeep to appeal to more towns.

Crates
99% sure we don't have this one, a deep sea crate? Prismarine, sea lanterns, coral. Some of the rare items could be trident, conduit, sponge. I imagine this would be one of the more costly crates.I'm an idiot
but add sponge to ocean crate D:<
Also maybe a basic decoration crate; torches, lanterns, pots, paintings, item frames, bookshelves. Rare item could be like a dragon egg (that might be too nice for a basic crate, but you get the idea)

Plugins
I think Eagler suggested a banner plugin not too long ago but nothing ever happened with that  :'(
http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10111.0
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 04:51:16 AM by bugsy12 »

Demoncrusher

• Donator
  • The one with a fork and sword irl and in-game
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 10:31:31 PM »
Death tax
While I don't mind bringing back the death tax, I can say for sure that the ones affected will not be the people who need the money taken (since rich people don't really die a lot), but instead the ones still starting out on the server. I think that it may not be an efficient way of stabilising the economy and might even provoke the opposite.

Companies
I do however love the idea of companies. I myself have attempted this kind of market design before without the plugin and it worked quite nicely for a while.

Stock Market
While the stock market isn't a bad idea at all, I feel like it will end up making the rich richer and the new people that don't have too much intel on the different companies.. well it's not going to help them too much.

Crate armor
I like this idea. I myself have wished for it before, seeing that all that's special about the armor right now is the shiny name.
Always loyal: -Demon

Herobrine456

• Donator
  • Hello, I'm the Italian man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 12:25:13 PM »
Not much of an input from me, but maybe add some sort of shop selling tax? So items like iron gold etc, when sold to /shop , a fixed tax is taken from the money earned by selling those items. Also maybe add fee for having money on you (town bank or regular /bal) and add fee brackets for certain amounts of money (if possible have a system for  detecting money stored in town banks or signs). This will probably push for players to have money in the form of items instead of currency (could encourage trade).
Hey, are you blinking?

evzntv

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 09:25:00 PM »
Hotels

I feel hotels would be a good addition to towns in conjunction with the current system. This plugin is designed to build a system in which town residents that don't currently have a plot with the town could rent a hotel room for a given period of time. It's useful for town owners like myself who want to put in place a plot pricing system.

An example:

Let's say Resident A wants to buy a plot in my town that costs $500 but only has $150, Resident A could not afford to buy a plot. But let's say the price for a 24 hour hotel stay is $50, Resident A could spend 24 hours in the hotel for up to 3 days if necessary.

For me, I think this would be a great addition to the server/economy because it makes people work harder for their land. It adds a level of intrigue and dedication that isn't already there.
The journalist admin guy #AlmightySmallVillage

NotA

• Donator
  • Dive into darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 12:45:36 PM »
Death tax : Would love to see this come back into the game, not necessarily in the form of money as in making the price high of lets say $1000 will not be that much for more experienced players as not only they die less often they will most likely have more cash or know how to make it back fast while a new player will most likely be an polar opposite. Although I would like to see it coming back in some sort of way so that death would not be so meaningless, one way to make it equal for both the wealthy and not so wealthy, would be to turn off 'keep inventory' but that alone would bring a lot dissatisfaction for a lot of players and would wring a lot of change in how the server works in general so I would say that is not an option in this case. In my opinion we should bring back the losing of xp upon death and maybe consider adding something more.

Companies : I would love to see them in the server. I think it would tie our community even closer as each company would involve a lot more players and maybe even make some healthy competition between companies. It would also let new players to build up their reputation within the server and make money at the same time. I would like to know what outcome should I expect from the job, how long it would take and how trustworthy the player is. Companies should fit that role perfectly as you could easily look into where they worked/working how long they kept that position and how respectable the company itself is. Also I would like to compete with Buildyblocks!!

More Op armor I think this should be an definite addition as PvP is not really popular anyway and also maybe the additional effects could not even impact PvP or get nulled while at it? much like ./fly turns off automatically. I feel such an addition would remove an large amount of money from the server as everyone would want to have a set of "Op" armor, because I do not see a point in collecting the current armor from the crates for the sake of just collecting it ::). Crates have already taken away a lot of money, this would take out even more.

Lottery Adding betting, maybe we could organize weekly tournaments and people who don't like PvP that much could bet on the players who think they will win or maybe even bet on boat race? (mccmo should be exluded from these events) Crates where you spin money for money?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 12:54:22 PM by NotA »

JoeArmageddon

• Donator
  • the slave at your disposal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 06:32:34 AM »
A Different Kind Of Auction house: So basically there could be a player shop as it is now but a new thing like an auction could be added where people could place bids for certain kinds of items or limited items.
Life is meaningless without humor <3