Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Weekend Observations: Edition #2  (Read 1881 times)

evzntv

• Admin
    • View Profile
Weekend Observations: Edition #2
« on: March 28, 2021, 03:46:04 PM »
SENTINELCRAFT'S
WEEKEND OBSERVATIONS
EDITION: 3-28-2021

Welcome everyone to Weekend Observations! This thread is a weekly recap of all the major changes that have happened over the span of the last week. As always if you have any contributions/questions you can contact evzntv in game or on discord. Let's get into the week!

THE RISE OF TOF!

For the last month, ToF has been a roaring success at SentinelCraft. For this week's featured story I sat down with the trivia man himself, NotAWesternSpy for an exclusive interview

Ev: What made you start ToF?

NotA: Well I started ToF rather accidentally, I was chatting with Pau (PaulinaCarrot) on the server and I mentioned I would look great in black (my name color) so she suggested I should apply for some sort of special position and she mentioned something about a trivia master position being open, so I decided to give it a try. The first runs on ToF were tough as I did not know what I was doing really but with each friday it kept getting better and I really fell in love with hosting this event.

Ev: Interesting. Do you have any background yourself regarding trivia? Any personal connection with it?

NotA: I used to host various events back in high school, but nothing more beside that.

Ev: Gotcha. You definitely seem to have a natural talent for event hosting, as this has been a great success so far. You also mentioned that you were suggested (by Pau) to apply for a Special position. Do you have any further plans for that?

NotA: Well I plan to apply for it once I feel like I have taken ToF to an high standard and made it well known and loved through out the server community. I plan to apply for Special position once I feel that I have earned it and shown myself to be an great Host.

Ev: Sounds like a good plan, though I think it may be already at that level. For my last question: Where do you see ToF being at say 3 months from now?

NotA: Not sure really, 3 months is a long time, I am planning on making an unique place for ToF, as well as mix up the prize pool in a way and I hope that people that do turn up to this event will stay as smart and as quick as they are now.

Ev: Well I for one really love this event and I'm looking forward to it being a regular part of the server for time to come. thanks NotA!

Further results for ToF are posted below.

THE RETURN OF THE HOSTERS

Earlier this week it was announced that The Hosters would make their return with a brand new building event! Per the forum, the objective of this event is to build "a perfect house for a minecraft mob." I sat down with the man most synonymous with "The Hosters" DanteVentura for a few words on this event.

Ev: So you were a regular player a few years back, but for those who don't already know you just kind of give an introduction of yourself.

Dante: I'm DanteVentura, member of "The Hosters". As you say few years back I was an active player, even a moderator. I really like Sentinel, is a great place to be and the community is top tier. That's why I love to host events. I want to give the community a reason to come back to the server and I think that regular events achieve this goal.

Ev: Thats awesome. Your latest event is a building competition for "a perfect house for a minecraft mob." What inspired you to create this idea?

Dante: Yes, the latest event that "The Hosters" are doing is the Building Competition. I don't want to take all the credit because we're a team. We saw that the last building  event was several years ago and tried to bring it back with something "fresh and challenging". The inspiration for the idea came to me when I saw a video on Twitter about people building houses for their pets. "That's something we could make in Minecraft" I thought and here we are.

Ev: Oh! I apologize. I just assumed that since you were the one who announced the event that it was just you who had the idea. Since I definitely want to give credit where it's due: who are all involved with The Hosters?

Dante: Currently Bread, JoeArmageddon, Eagler, Emulator and me are the official members of The Hosters. Our team has builders, event designers, redstoners and photographers. If people is interested they can apply to join us. This isn't the original team though. The idea of The Hosters started years ago in Sentinel.

Ev: Sounds like an all-star team. Glad to see something like The Hosters have a long standing tenure here at SentinelCraft. Of the mobs that were chosen, which one are you most looking forward to see being built?

Dante: I like all the mobs that people have chosen. It will be really cool to see what they create, but I'm very curious about Glowing Squid and Drowned. Both are mobs that live in water and they have to build a house for them in a floating island. It's a really good challenge.

Ev: Yeah, I completely agree. I'm very excited about seeing that executed. One more question here: What events do we expect to see in the future from The Hosters?

Dante: What an excellent question. We definitely want to bring more events to Sentinel. Old events and new ones. Some ideas that we have are Infinite Maze, Hide & Seek, Dungeon Runners, Faction Wars, Pacman, Boat Race, Beach Party, Co-op Escape Room and Mafia (Werewolf/Town of Salem). I think Co-op Escape Room and Mafia are soon to be released after the Building Event ends.

Ev: Oh wow! Those all sound exciting! Glad to see the growing number of events happening here at Sentinel. Thank you so much for your time, Dante.

Dante: Thanks for the interview evzntv, I loved it. If the community supports us, we'll make all those events happen.

Ev: I'm very certain they will!

For more information on The Hosters new event, visit this forum: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10288.msg57781

EGGS!!!!!
ONE MORE WEEK OF EGGS!

As another week has passed, more eggs were placed throughout the server. Lots of great prizes were included this week including /fly for 1 week in the end/nether/alpha, access to the /nice and /naughty commands and much more. Stycore and BlokeHead became the first people to successfully collect 4 eggs, the maximum for the event. This upcoming week is the last week for the egg event! If you haven't yet participated, this will be your last chance to do so until next year. For more information on this event, visit this forum: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10242.30

The following players found an egg this week:
March 21st: Ncanaydin
March 22nd: NotAWesternSpy
March 23rd: Stycore
March 25th: Eagler1997
March 25th: Wup
March 26th: Stycore
March 28th: CodeJoel
March 28th: FranciasPvP

Congratulations to everyone who found an egg!

Roll on Wednesday (RoW)

RoW is an event that occurs twice every Wednesday. This event takes both luck and skill as you must possess a combination of both to win!

Once again, RoW was hosted twice this past Wednesday. The early RoW was a bit less spicy but still entertaining and full of beef. The finals were determined by a game of Spleef as Baked_Tater came away with the victory. Late RoW, however, was full of spice. The spiciest including the killing/revival of JeffEatsPie by MHGUForPresident (Moog). Moog decided to eliminate Jeff due to an in rank killing. However, the very next round was a "revival round". Jeff was fortunate and ultimately won the revival round and killing Moog in the process, avenging his death. The finals was determined by a unique team boat race which saw AceAlmighty16 take home the victory, while bringing his revived teammate charactername111 to 2nd place. For more information on RoW, visit this forum: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=588.165

Here are the results for this week's event!

Early RoW:
1st place:  Baked_Tater
2nd place: MHGUForPresident
3rd place:  nikola99
Lucky Losers: FranciasPvP and evzntv
Host: Devereux

Late RoW:
1st place:  AceAlmighty16
2nd place: charactername111
3rd place:  NotAWesternSpy
Lucky Loser: Silver_Dragoon1
Host: (a drunk) bugsy12

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Trivia on Friday (ToF)

ToF is an event that occurs every Friday. It's a test of knowledge and speed, and the player who possesses both is the winner!

For the second consecutive week, ToF was held twice on Friday. For both competitions, the trivia theme was "Minecraft Trivia". The early competition brought in a staggering 15!!! competitors. While both PaulinaCarrot and BrendaxNL contended early, Etspiritu (nead) took charge and never looked back as he claimed the victory. But nead wasn't done there! In the late event, nead decided to join the late event halfway through. This didn't matter as nead charged past the leaders to win once again, becoming the first person to ever sweep the ToF event. A huge shoutout to nead for both his fast fingers and quick thinking. Well done! For more information on ToF, visit this forum: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10233.msg57700;topicseen#new

Here are the results from ToF!

Early ToF:
1st place:  Etspiritu
2nd place: PaulinaCarrot
3rd place:  FranciasPvP
Host: NotAWesternSpy

Late ToF:
1st place:  Etspiritu
2nd place: charactername111
3rd place:  Loulou
Host: bugsy12

Congratulations to the winners!

PROMOTIONS

As part of our weekly recap, it's important to recognize players who received a promotion! This week saw the first promotion to "Special" since July 2020! The following players received a promotion this week.

evzntv: From Donator to Special
FranciasPvP: From Donator to Donator
SteezyMac: From Member to Donator

(woot Faygo Dreams domination)

Congratulations to all who were promoted!

TOWN SPOTLIGHT

As part of next week's feature story, I have decided to cover a specific town in detail. However, the dilemma I'm having as an editor/writer is that there are so many good towns out there that I don't know what to choose! This is why I'm asking for your help. So I ask you, which town do you want to see covered in detail first? Let me know via discord or in game :) .

EDITOR'S NOTE

I want to take some time in this note to thank everyone for your support on both this brand new project and my promotion. The amount of support I've received in the last week has been both overwhelming yet outstanding. Becoming the official journalist of SentinelCraft is nothing short of a privilege and I am determined to deliver the best possible content I can from here on out. As we transition into another new week, I suggest everyone take the kindness they showed to me and apply it someone else this week. You never know what being kind can do for someone. It could be your random act of kindness that could mean everything for them.

Special thanks to bugsy12 for her reporting this week!

As always, thank you for reading "Weekend Observations" and we'll see you back here again this time next week!

- Your friendly journalist Ev
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 01:35:01 AM by evzntv »
The journalist admin guy #AlmightySmallVillage

Joel

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Observations: Edition #2
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 03:55:02 PM »
Nice work :) Keep it up!

Aatif

• Donator
  • Still the same :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 04:09:14 PM »
Great one again! Waiting for the next one already

JoeArmageddon

• Donator
  • the slave at your disposal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 04:30:48 PM »
Nice one ev love this work of yours!!
Life is meaningless without humor <3

DanteVentura

• Journalist / Hoster
  • Donator
  • Know Your Staff! & Roll Your Knowledge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 09:46:56 PM »
Another great edition!!!
Member of The Hosters

Do you want to know a bit more about the staff? Check the link: KYS! !!!

JohnBarry99

• Donator
  • Just think of me as your guardian devil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 12:31:55 AM »
Great read as always, Ev! <3 <3
not quite my tempo.