Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Feature for mc and discord integration  (Read 1563 times)

Phenix106

• Donator
    • View Profile
Feature for mc and discord integration
« on: April 04, 2021, 08:12:12 PM »
so im in another server(not to be named) that has a perk for certain ingame ranks/server boosters the allow you to talk in game from discord like in its own channel but i was wondering if yall could add something like that for the higher donation ranks or something.
now how it works is you go to discord and there is a channel for in game chat you see the chats of everyone of the the chats you have access to (ex: members cannot see sm chat) and it doesn't show pm but you can talk with the people in game from discord and they can see your messages from in game too if you need a picture example i can provide that too
Ayo Be happy No being Sad Bruv

Eagler1997

• Lord of the lions
  • Donator
  • Becoming a warrior is not a simple task.
    • View Profile
Re: Feature for mc and discord integration
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 08:24:34 PM »
I have seen it in action, and it turns a little spammy. Especially with a lot of players.

However I will include the plugin you are referencing...

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/discordsrv.18494/

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 09:58:01 PM »
This has been something which has been considered but overall disliked. As a community we are about the server and the experiences we get within the server itself. I, for one, think this is the most powerful thing about Sentinel as we are dedicated to each other and our blocky game. We do have a discord as an enhancement to our community and very much active, but we want the real fun to happen on the server itself as we are a community around a Minecraft server, and we want people to join our server for those experiences.  Using this plugin could bypass some of that, people would no longer join the game to chat to their friends if they see them online and have some fun while they are at it. Chatting through discord to the server and the other way around would not be the same and in a worse case scenario could lead to lower player numbers.

Phenix106

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 11:25:53 PM »
This has been something which has been considered but overall disliked. As a community we are about the server and the experiences we get within the server itself. I, for one, think this is the most powerful thing about Sentinel as we are dedicated to each other and our blocky game. We do have a discord as an enhancement to our community and very much active, but we want the real fun to happen on the server itself as we are a community around a Minecraft server, and we want people to join our server for those experiences.  Using this plugin could bypass some of that, people would no longer join the game to chat to their friends if they see them online and have some fun while they are at it. Chatting through discord to the server and the other way around would not be the same and in a worse case scenario could lead to lower player numbers.
all right understandable that makes sense
Ayo Be happy No being Sad Bruv