Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Weekend Observations: Edition #4  (Read 1878 times)

evzntv

• Admin
    • View Profile
Weekend Observations: Edition #4
« on: April 11, 2021, 05:25:00 PM »
SENTINELCRAFT'S
WEEKEND OBSERVATIONS
EDITION: 4-11-2021

Welcome everyone to this edition of Weekend Observations! This thread is a weekly recap of all the major changes that have happened over the span of the last week. As always if you have any contributions/questions you can contact evzntv in game or on discord. Before we get into this week's edition, I'd like to thank everyone for the constant support on this project. Because of this, Weekend Observations now has its own board! This is a phenomenal accomplishment and I am very excited to see this happen. I really do appreciate it. Lets get into the week!

TOWN SPOTLIGHT

For the month of April we focus on one town each week as a part of "Town Spotlight". This week's Town Spotlight focuses on Lindon, a town that was abandoned this past week.

Lindon was a town created by banacat and EMULATOR on May 26th, 2020. The purpose of the town was originally designed to be a building project for both mayor banacat, and co-mayor EMULATOR, but later evolved into an actual town for Senior Members. Lindon's main block scheme was Quartz and Prismarine and had several amenities including the servers most complex super smelter amongst other things. The town eventually grew to around 10 residents, with 2 assistants (Joelolol and nmerki) as well as 2 architects (Spectr3 and naibogamer). Eventually in March 2021, EMULATOR took control of the mayorship of the town. But all good things must come to an end, and the town was disbanded this week.

As the curious journalist I am, I wondered what was the cause of a prominent town disbanding like this. But before I could even have the chance to reach out to anyone, EMULATOR reached out to me shortly following the disbanding of the town. So with this, I asked EMU a pair of questions about Lindon.

Ev: So what happened? Why is Lindon no longer in existence?

EMU: Well like many towns in Sentinels history most of the people went inactive and I decided it will be best to move on.

Ev: What are some of your best memories from Lindon?

EMU: Hmm there are many, from All the friendly banter in towny chat to every project and all the grind we did for the town, For example, the days we created a Guardian farm to the days when Sarge and General were part of this town these days were just filled with laughters and jokes.I also remember the constant fight between me and bread in the towny chat which  is one of the most fun memories that i experienced with the town.  Each and every moment are the best memories I will never forget.

So what happened to Lindon? The real answer of course is life just simply taking center stage. While Lindon never reached to the level of a "peak town", it was still a respectable town with several prominent members of the community. We wish all involved with Lindon the best in the future, and I thank EMULATOR for reaching out to share this great story with us. Rest In Peace, Lindon.

PROMOTIONS

As part of our weekly recap, it's important to recognize players who received a promotion! The following players received a promotion this week.

NotAWesternSpy: From Donator to Moderator
Eagler1997: From Donator to Special
Spectr3: From Donator to Donator
Artisin_: From Senior Member to Donator
Blok3y: From Senior Member to Donator
Loulou: From Member to Donator

The big news coming out of the promotions this week came with NotAWesternSpy being promoted to Moderator, the first of this promotion since January. To celebrate this important promotion, I chatted with NotAMod hours following his promotion on Friday.

Ev: I remember you were at one point a Moderator in 2019. What made you decide to apply for Moderator once again?

NotAMod: Since I became active again, I started to involve myself into the server matters more, i would use commands to weed out suspicious players and tried to moderate the chat if no staff were online. I felt that with my applying for the position I could do more and help staff more since a lot of them are busy with the current bungee system testing for the upcoming changes.

Ev: This is very true. Whenever you weren't going about your capitalistic ways, I'd see you always weed out someone suspicious. Lets now move to when you found out you were going to be promoted. How'd you find out, and what emotions went through your head when you found out you were being promoted?

NotAMod: Haha, being capitalistic is the way to go. I found out that I would get promoted at the of ToF this friday, I felt excited, happy, and restless for the future as I feel that I much more prepared now than I was 2 years ago.

Ev: Yep. It was definitely a wild time to be on the server this past Friday (even if it overshadowed my first ToF win >.>) My last question for you, is what are your goals for being a Moderator moving forward?

NotAMod: Well my first tasks would be to acclimate myself to the new position. I would be hunting for xrayers, keeping the peace and helping senior staff with the bungee server testing.

Congrats to all who were promoted!

DEVELOPMENT DIARIES

This past Friday, Oplegoman released the second development diary dealing with "Plugins". The article touched on both the plugin changes as well as progress of the current plugins in the Bungee form. Cross-server chatting, teleportation, and inventories have all been proven to work. The most notable change that was explained was the removal of town and nation chat due to it not working with the new system. This is currently expected to be replaced with "Clan Chat" at the time of this article. For the full article, please refer to this forum: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10324.0

Roll on Wednesday (RoW)

RoW is an event that occurs twice every Wednesday. This event takes both luck and skill as you must possess a combination of both to win!

This week's RoW was once again eventful and contained more beef than a McDonalds Big Mac. Morning RoW was filled with the rivalry between Oplegoman and Oddstone as they took turns taking each other out. The devious host, bugsy12 then decided to eliminate all players who rolled an even number, taking out a good chunk of the field. In the end, a game of Spleef decided the morning RoW, with nikola99 scoring the impressive victory. The late RoW lasted just under an hour, setting a new regular RoW record. It was filled with bribery as Devereux often allowed whoever paid him the most money to kill mass amounts of people. The finals were determined by whoever could find Dev in Pern first. In the end, egg master Blok3y scored his first RoW victory taking home a staggering 90k. The real winner, however, was Devereux as he profited over 600k from bribes and RoW shenanigans.

Here are the results for this week's event!

Early RoW:
1st place: nikola99
2nd place: Aatif
3rd place: NotAWesternSpy
Lucky Loser: darksoul0987
Host: bugsy12

Late RoW:
1st place: Blok3y
2nd place: Francias
3rd place: hajkido
Lucky Loser: MHGUForPresident (again)
Host:
Devereux

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Trivia on Friday (ToF)

ToF is an event that occurs every Friday. It's a test of knowledge and speed, and the player who possesses both is the winner!

Trivia on Friday was once again a gigantic event for a number of reasons. The theme this week was "Disney Movies". Early on evzntv dominated the competition with a quick 5 points. However, after falling asleep, many players including ItsThorn and Etspiritu scored several points. But in the end evzntv managed to wake back up and take his first ever TOF victory! In the late TOF, MHGUForPresident and Francias took turns answering questions correctly. 20 minutes in, Etspiritu joined in mid-game, leading to a way a 3 way tie at 6 points a piece. With MHGU having to leave,  the game became a battle between Francias and Etspiritu. Remiaw, however, mustered a huge comeback getting up to 7 points! In the end, Francias was able to prevail as he was declared the winner.

Perhaps the biggest news from ToF, however, was the promotion of NotAWesternSpy. After evzntv's victory, PaulinaCarrot took the podium and asked NotAWesternSpy if he could be her"lawfully wedded Moderator", to which NotA agreed.

Here are the results from ToF!

Early ToF:
1st place: evzntv
2nd place: ItsThorn
3rd place: Etspiritu
Host: NotAWesternSpy

Late ToF:
1st place: Francias
2nd place: Etspiritu
3rd place: Remiaw
Host: bugsy12

Congratulations to the winners!

MARCH TOP VOTERS

For the month of March, the top 5 voters were awarded a random Easter egg. The following players received a random Easter egg.

- CodeJoel
- Stycore
- Blok3y
- Ezgordified
- JohnBarry99

Congratulations to the top voters!

EDITOR'S NOTE

The editors note is typically intended to be something inspirational or motivating, and perhaps you can still find that in this week's note. But I had the privilege of being on at the same time as the mighty TheAncient1.

This was the result: https://imgur.com/fvhNmLE

Simply stunning.

Special thanks to bugsy12, ItsThorn, and EMULATOR for the additional reporting this week!

As always, thank you for reading "Weekend Observations" and we'll see you back here again this time next week!

- Your friendly journalist Ev <3
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 05:02:27 AM by evzntv »
The journalist admin guy #AlmightySmallVillage

NotA

• Donator
  • Dive into darkness
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Observations: Edition #4
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 05:55:33 PM »
WOOOO, amazing!!! I need more...

EMULATOR

• Donator
  • -Beemu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 06:37:07 PM »
That was amazing, keep up the good work and thanks for placing Lindon on the spotlight :D
Bees>Bread

XzarWizrobe

• Just chilling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 10:23:49 PM »
Awesome work, Ev! :)
<b>I like cakes</b>

Aatif

• Donator
  • Still the same :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 03:14:10 AM »
Loved it as always ❤️

DanteVentura

• Journalist / Hoster
  • Donator
  • Know Your Staff! & Roll Your Knowledge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 04:23:12 AM »
Amazing job!!!
Member of The Hosters

Do you want to know a bit more about the staff? Check the link: KYS! !!!

Joel

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 07:42:44 AM »
Good job!