Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Weekend Observations: Edition #5  (Read 1488 times)

evzntv

• Admin
    • View Profile
Weekend Observations: Edition #5
« on: April 18, 2021, 05:37:07 PM »
SENTINELCRAFT'S
WEEKEND OBSERVATIONS
EDITION: 4-18-2021

Welcome everyone to this edition of Weekend Observations! This thread is a weekly recap of all the major changes that have happened over the span of the last week. As always if you have any contributions/questions you can contact evzntv in game or on discord. Lets get into the week!!

TOWN SPOTLIGHT

For the month of April we focus on one town each week as a part of "Town Spotlight". This week's Town Spotlight focuses on Gotham, the most popular town on SentinelCraft.

Gotham was a town created by former Senior Admin, ninja5132 on June 30th, 2019. The town was established after her former town in Pern (Mirlaz), and held a decorated town staff with players such as bugsy12, AceAlmighty16, and Creepy_Crawlers (ew).The town immediately burst onto the scene peaking at about 25 residents. However, as life progressed for many of its residents, the town began to die down. The mayorship of the town was transferred to Bugsy in early 2020 after closing its doors to the public. Gotham then re-emerged better than ever before in summer of 2020, adding MHGUForPresident as a co-mayor and adding on several amenities such as the largest crop farm in all of SentinelCraft. Recently, Gotham has surged past CODE as the largest town in the entire server with 42 members at the time of this writing. The town also added notable assistants such as Loulou, ItsThorn, and Artisin_ and received help from players like JeffEatsPie and xXCRYMINALXx. In just a simple sentence, Gotham strives to be both "inclusive" and "helpful"

To get more of a glimpse as to what Gotham is really like, I sat down with the lovely mayor of Gotham, bugsy12 for an exclusive interview.

Ev: Recently Gotham has peaked way past all of the other towns with over 40 residents. Why did you guys take such a heavy recruiting approach?

Bug: Honestly I felt like i didn't try that hard, we really just left the town open. Some of my town members did actively recruit though which definitely helped. I have since closed the town so that invites are required. Mostly because if the town grows too big we have to make room for all those players and its not likely they will stay (its sad but its true). Also I don't think I could handle more than 50 players in my town at a time, I'd rather they join a different town and could be more included in the community there.

Ev: You mentioned that you weren't always the mayor of Gotham, what was it like finally becoming mayor and how has being a mayor impacted you?

Bug: Hahaha uh basically what happened was, I had to keep messaging ninja to get on to do different town stuff that only mayor could do, and she logged on one day and just gave me mayor and was like "stop bugging me". Honestly didn't think I'd like it, ninja was always supposed to be the one who ran the town and I just did the building. I really enjoy it though, it's nice finally seeing the town come alive after working on it for so long.

Ev: Whats Gotham's future looking like? Any big builds or plans?

Bug: Oh I have no shortage of ideas. I have a few more shops to make (I'm getting to you Oli and Aatif!) Also planning on doing a small set of mob farms. I've always wanted to do a series of villain caves hidden throughout Gotham but it always seems to get pushed to the end of my list.  Hopefully this summer will be productive

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!

I also got a hold of the founder of Gotham, ninja5132 for an exclusive interview. Here's what she had to say.

Ev:What was your original vision for Gotham?

Ninja: Oh probably something similar to Mirlaz ,a new-player friendly town with lots of resources A starter town but also a forever town.

Ev: What was the one thing you were most proud of while you were mayor?

Ninja: When i was mayor i think we were still in early development stages. i was very proud of the Tree farm and the street organization

Ev: What went into the decision of relinquishing the mayorship of Gotham to Bugsy?

Ninja: Was just busy with personal life, she was making a lot of decisions already and did most of the work, didn't make sense to stay mayor

Ev: How proud are you of both bugs as a mayor and the rest of the Gotham staff for making the town what it is today?

Ninja: Extremely proud, I never expected Gotham to become the beautiful and active community it's become.

I will be the first to say that SentinelCraft would not be the same without Gotham. As someone who got their start at Gotham, it's a very essential and important part of SentinelCraft that can't go unnoticed. Big props to everyone at Gotham for making their community as wonderful as it is. Thanks to both bugs and ninja for also sharing their intel on this as well :) .

PROMOTIONS

As part of our weekly recap, it's important to recognize players who received a promotion! The following players received a promotion this week.

darksoul0987: From Member to Donator
oozma: From Member to Donator

Congrats to all who were promoted!

DEVELOPMENT DIARIES

These diaries detail the transition to Bungee for SentinelCraft.

Another week, another diary. The lego man that is OP once again released another development diary explaining the return of Skyblock in full detail. The notable part of this is total reset of the Skyblock world for all players. Other changes such as the official introduction of Clan Chat and other transfers have been formally announced. To read the diary in full detail, visit this thread: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10348

Roll on Wednesday (RoW)

RoW is an event that occurs twice every Wednesday. This event takes both luck and skill as you must possess a combination of both to win!

RoW this week was filled with great fun and beef tougher than a $2 steak. Morning RoW started off with MHGUForPresident scoring the lucky loser title for an astonishing 3rd week in a row! The game progressed further with Joelle454 killing Oplegoman, risking a demotion in the process. Oli, however, was revived and eventually went on to finish in 2nd place. NickBuilder and nikola99 also elected to double kill darksoul0987 and evzntv, killing off Faygo Dreams in one fell swoop. The finals of early RoW were determined by a game of Spleef, as nikola99 went on to take the victory for the second week in a row! (pardon the pun). Late RoW was once again a record breaking one, as it was so long that Devereux decided to leave and transfer the hosting to bugs after 1 hour and 15 minutes of playing. Highlights of this round included the killing/revival of ninja5132, the uno-reverse powers of evzntv, and "revival steaks" to fill out the finals, as the original finalists had to leave. The finals were determined by an archery race, as Etspiritu easily breezed through the competition for a RoW victory.

Here are the results for this week's event!

Early RoW:
1st place: nikola99
2nd place: Oplegoman
3rd place: Joelle454
Lucky Loser: MHGUForPresident
Host: bugsy12

Late RoW:
1st place: Etspiritu
2nd place: bugsy12
3rd place: CasualWaffle & evzntv
Lucky Loser: Arianity
Host:
Devereux

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Trivia on Friday (ToF)

ToF is an event that occurs every Friday. It's a test of knowledge and speed, and the player who possesses both is the winner!

Trivia on Friday was unique in the sense that NotAWesternSpy was unavailable to host this week's morning event. Taking the place of NotAWesternSpy this week was the sexy guest host evzntv. The categories (yes, categories) for morning ToF were 00's music and World History. The morning competition seemed to be one of the tougher ToF's in recent memory as contestants struggled to answer questions. In the end Googl3y Blok3y was able to secure his first ToF win. Evening ToF was hosted by bugsy12 with themes of 00's music and Pokemon. Out of the gate evzntv took a commanding lead with 5 points in the first 10 questions. Adversity struck, however, through MHGUForPresident kicking him, charactername111 answering a question that deducted 2 points off of his score, and a late comeback from the trivia wiz Etspiritu. Even through adversity, evzntv was still able to pick up the victory in the late ToF. This marked back to back wins for him, as well as becoming the first player ever to host and win a ToF in the same day.

Here are the results from ToF!

Early ToF:
1st place: Blok3y
2nd place: Ncanaydin
3rd place: ItsThorn
Host: evzntv

Late ToF:
1st place: evzntv
2nd place: Etspiritu
3rd place: Loulou
Host: bugsy12

Congratulations to the winners!

MOB CONTEST RESULTS

You may recall a few weeks back when I interviewed DanteVentura for "The Hosters" event: The Mob House building contest. These results were posted several weeks back and I simply missed them. I apologize for the late coverage on this event. With that being said, the contest saw a winner with MHGUForPresident and bugsy12 taking home the victory for their bee building. Congrats to bugs & Moog! The full results can be found at this thread: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10288.0

EDITOR'S NOTE

This week for me was not the best week. A number of things played into this, but it led to some lapses in judgment in my personal life. What I realized from this is that it was time for a step back in that situation. And sometimes, a step back is what you need to reset and reassess things correctly. So if you're struggling through something this week, it's okay to take a step back. Take a breath. You may realize after you take that breath, that you feel clearer and more open-minded.

As always, thank you for reading "Weekend Observations" and we'll see you back here again this time next week!

- Your friendly journalist Ev <3
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 09:24:47 PM by evzntv »
The journalist admin guy #AlmightySmallVillage

XzarWizrobe

• Just chilling
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Observations: Edition #5
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 05:41:59 PM »
Once again, impressive job!
<b>I like cakes</b>

EMULATOR

• Donator
  • -Beemu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 12:52:49 AM »
Another great addition. Loved reading it <3
Bees>Bread

HeLiX_iS_BeTa

• Donator
  • Alone, I am RNA. But with my other half, I am DNA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 05:34:56 AM »
it's okay to take a step back. Take a breath. You may realize after you take that breath, that you feel clearer and more open-minded.

Absolutely wonderful advice, and an excellent installment of WO as always!
*~HeLiX~*

dudewhat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 06:58:38 AM »
rating - 10/10
rating with bugsy interview - 100/10