Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Weekend Observations: Edition #6  (Read 1373 times)

evzntv

• Admin
    • View Profile
Weekend Observations: Edition #6
« on: April 25, 2021, 05:46:33 PM »
SENTINELCRAFT'S
WEEKEND OBSERVATIONS
EDITION: 4-25-2021

Welcome everyone to this edition of Weekend Observations! This thread is a weekly recap of all the major changes that have happened over the span of the last week. As always if you have any contributions/questions you can contact evzntv in game or on discord. Lets get into the week!!

TOWN SPOTLIGHT

For the month of April we focus on one town each week as a part of "Town Spotlight". This week's Town Spotlight focuses on Faygo Dreams, a fast rising town in SentinelCraft

Faygo Dreams was originally founded by evzntv in September 2019. The town was originally under the name Neverland and was designed to be a small town with ev and his IRL friends. Eventually, however, life struck and every member of the town moved on to other things. In January 2021, evzntv made the decision to come back to SentinelCraft and the first day he came back, he re-claimed the lost town under the name "The Kingdom". This name lasted until the death of rising rap artist 6 Dogs, one of ev's favorite rappers. His favorite song by 6 Dogs was Faygo Dreams, hence the name it still holds today.

The town started as a re-claiming project, as the town held a few houses and a semi automatic farm. Eventually SteezyMac, ev's roommate and Ncanaydin would join the town and help re-build and improve from its former state. Around early March construction began on "The Faygo Times", the official building for Weekend Observations as well as the town's spawn. The building was completed in late March, right around the time head architect Domi joined the town. After the completion of town spawn, new members began to join the town, including MrZatox and darksoul0987. Throughout the last month, the town has grown tremendously with 25 residents at the time of this writing. The town also began to take on staff with darksoul0987 as co-mayor and MrZatox/XzarWizrobe as assistants. A new town farm, super smelter, nether portal , and end portal were added as notable amenities.

Going forward, Faygo Dreams' plan is to continue to grow with amenities and size. The current plan is to have a full fledged shopping district as well as a tree and animal farm for its residents to use. They hope to also grow to around 32-35 members and be a "forever town" for rising players on SentinelCraft.

PROMOTIONS

As part of our weekly recap, it's important to recognize players who received a promotion! The following players received a promotion this week.

evzntv: From Special to Moderator
Francias: From Donator to Special

I decided to sit down with our newest Sexy Special for an exclusive interview!

Ev: Congrats on special! What prompted you to apply for it?

Francias: Thanks! I have been a builder since I have been a member of the community, I even took part in helping some of the server projects! I wanted to extend my horizons and Special Rank is the perfect way to do just that (Im keeping this smol since its WO cant be making essays lmao).

Ev: So what are your particular plans with this new Builder/Special rank, is there anything concrete planned at the moment for you?

Francias: Ooooh spilling some beans?? Kidding, I might get demoted LMAO. In terms of server stuff, I cant leak that but there are stuff in the works! On a more personal note, I have my own shop in gotham that just so happened to take building commissions! It's not open yet though but feel free to stop by~ #IVYIMPORIUM VISIT ME<33

Ev: Already taking advertisements and you just got promoted

Francias: >:(

Ev: Who has been the biggest inspiration to you as far as your building?

Francias: I have had alot of stuff that motivated me to build, though in terms of inspiration there can only be my kween eli <3 she builds in such an eye catching and unique way that you can tell which builds she made~ She even teaches me herself and damn those are good things she taught me <33 All in all you could say she's my idol, though I wont say that to her face :PP

Ev: Shoutout to ELI! My last question for you deals with your actual promotion itself. Your promotion prank to Special was one of the funnier ones in recent memory. Detail everyone as to what happened with that. What was your reaction?

Francias: OOOOH THAT WAS TRAUMATIZING I THINK THAT WAS MORE STRESSFUL THAN THE APP ITSELF! It was just some normal day then suddenly I got leaked of my bad behaviour?? Eli told me that she was upset at me (I would die if this was serious) and that I did something awful?? I was speechless at the time then brenda said SPEAK AND ALL OF THE SUDDEN IM GRAY. It was just "I cant believe you did this" and "Im disappointed in you". I was shaking in my seat and I didnt even know what I did wrong ;-; I love staff and all that but DAMNIT

Ev: HAHA, they did get you good. But a promotion well-deserved in my eyes. Thanks for your time Franco

Congrats to all who were promoted!

DEVELOPMENT DIARIES

These diaries detail the transition to Bungee for SentinelCraft.

This week's development diary was written by MHGUForPresident. In it contained important information regarding to homes. Other relevant information includes future Skyblock plans as well as prompting feedback from the community. The full diary can be found here: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10357.msg58318;topicseen#new

Roll on Wednesday (RoW)

RoW is an event that occurs twice every Wednesday. This event takes both luck and skill as you must possess a combination of both to win!

As per usual, RoW was held on Wednesday. Both events were filled with triumph, agony, and BEEF. Early RoW's first casualty was ItsThorn as he became the lucky loser. Notable highlights included Baked_Tater getting a very nice revive (hehe) and MHGUForPresident getting revived only to a roll a 4 the next round and return to his death. At least for Moog, he didn't get lucky loser for a record breaking 4th week in a row. The finals of morning RoW was a good ol' fashioned boat-race, with spectators allowed to block the path of contestants. In the end Google Master and Egg Wiz, Blok3y took the victory. Late RoW was a bit less crowded, but still lots of fun. Fireworks went off for Francias following his promotion to Special. It didn't fare well with him for RoW, however, as he was late RoW's lucky loser. Franco would then get his revenge, killing power couple bugsy12 and MHGUForPresident in one fell swoop! Devereux also introduced a "card" rule where if 3 people said the word CARD after an elimination, that the player being eliminated was saved. This worked in the favor of evzntv as he was saved following an unlucky roll. The finals of late RoW were determined by the dreaded maze. Etspiritu took home the victory.

Here are the results for this week's event!

Early RoW:
1st place: Blok3y
2nd place: evzntv
3rd place: oozma
Lucky Loser: ItsThorn
Host: bugsy12

Late RoW:
1st place: Etspiritu
2nd place: Aatif
3rd place: RoyalBluePup
Lucky Loser: Francias
Host:
Devereux

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Trivia on Friday (ToF)

ToF is an event that occurs every Friday. It's a test of knowledge and speed, and the player who possesses both is the winner!

Trivia on Friday saw its new venue being used for the first time! A new pod style room was introduced with a working scoreboard for participants. It's certainly a neat idea and its worth checking out! For both ToF's, the theme was DC Comics. Early on, evzntv continued his momentum coming out of the gate strong. He lost some steam, however, to Devereux as he wound up climbing all the way to a tie. The battle of Ev vs Dev, came down to one final question as Devereux secured the victory. Late ToF was hosted by MHGUForPresident. With only 7-8 competitors, ninja5132 had a menacing presence, as if she answered any questions, 2 points would be awarded to someone else at random. In the end, Baked_Tater took home the victory.

Here are the results from ToF!

Early ToF:
1st place: Devereux
2nd place: evzntv
3rd place: Blok3y
Host: bugsy12

Late ToF:
1st place: Baked_Tater
2nd place: xendetic
3rd place: Blok3y
Host: MHGUForPresident

Congratulations to the winners!

EDITOR'S NOTE

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your support following my promotion to Moderator. I cannot understate how important the support has been from our great community. From the moment I arrived in SentinelCraft in 2019, I had the idea of staffing yet again in the future. It wasn't until February of this year where I really decided to give it a try. Despite not being accepted my first application, I put in some hard work to increase my chances, and here we are today. Let this be a reminder that you too can achieve your goals. Find something that drives you and go for it, whether it be in-game or in your own personal lives. You all are wonderful and great people :). Let this be known, however, I am NOT abandoning my journalist position. If anything, that will only continue to grow, and I hope to share some details of that really soon.

As always, thank you for reading "Weekend Observations" and we'll see you back here again this time next week!

- Your friendly journalist Ev <3
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 05:53:21 PM by evzntv »
The journalist admin guy #AlmightySmallVillage

XzarWizrobe

• Just chilling
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Observations: Edition #6
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 05:59:59 PM »
Woop woop! Amazing job, week in week out.  :)
<b>I like cakes</b>

dudewhat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 08:06:40 PM »
another great read!

Aatif

• Donator
  • Still the same :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 03:56:00 AM »