Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Development Diary #5 - The Homes Solution and Auction House Changes!  (Read 4111 times)

MHGUforPresident

• Senior Admin
    • View Profile
Dev. Diary #5 - The Homes Solution and Auction House Changes!

Dearest community, we hope you are enjoying the Dev. Diaries and are just as excited as we are for the Bungeecord transfer!

Work on Bungee continues, slowly but surely. For now, we have a couple topics we'd like to share with everyone. One topic is the solution to our homes issue (see Dev. Diary #4 for more background information), the next is some news on our Auction House system. Let's get to it!

Bungeecord Transfer Guide: Homes

Our first topic today will cover the transfer of your homes from our current server to Bungee.

To make sure everything goes smoothly, we will be releasing a guide of what to expect, what you should do, and a few notices for the transfer ahead of time. We will make sure you guys have plenty of time to prepare for a swift departure from the old setup and a safe landing into the new one.

However, today's guide has been released weeks ahead of time. This is not because we are in a hurry to release but because we know some of you will need plenty of time to get through this process.

As we have mentioned in the last Dev. Diary, we unfortunately will be incapable of transferring your /homes over to Bungee. hat's one major hurdle we have faced, as we realize that some of you may have homes in the hundreds. So, we'd like to ask if you could help us help you!

Below is a link to a Google Forms. You will fill it out as many times as it takes to log all of your homes that you want; you can refill it if you forgot about a home or wanted to change home locations. Before you get into it, here are some instructions:
  • Write your in-game name correctly (no nicknames, caps sensitive, etc.). Ex. bugsy12 (Not: bugly12, bug, or Bugsy12).
  • Do NOT add to the coords. This includes commas, semicolons, or slashes i.e: X,Y,Z; X;Y;Z; X/Y/Z; XYZ. Only use spaces between each coordinate because it makes it faster to copy/paste then teleport there for staff. For example: 123 64 456.
  • Try not to override homes. We recommend you note down your homes in a notepad before answering the sheet. Don't forget the world it's in!
  • Do take time to go through your homes and, if you are one of the people who have over 50 homes,... it's about time you get to cleaning that list! I'm looking at you Eli & Joel.

Without further ado, here is the link to the form: https://forms.gle/cddqSAGE5uht6cah6

You will be informed ahead of time about when the server will be closed for the transfer. Until then, keep noting your homes!
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we hope you will be as cooperative as always. If you have any questions you may ask our lovely staff.

Auction House Changes!

Because we have changed our Auction House plugin (Zauctionhouse to GlobalMarketChest), there are a couple changes to /ah. We think these changes are for the better, however! The new system allows for a lot of new features. Here are a couple:
  • You can post multiple auctions for the same item without spamming chat. No more of MHGUforPresident spamming Golden Carrots on ah!
  • You will be notified if someone buys your product while you were offline.
  • You can "ask" for a suggested price of an item depending on the last auctions of that same item in the last 30 days. For example: If I wanted to sell a Netherite Ingot but didn't know the price, I could click "Advice Price" and it would suggest the usual price it goes for.
  • You can see the full contents of shulker boxes before buying them.

• A new, more in-depth GUI! It may be a bit of getting used to at first - but it will be more organized and easier to use than our current setup!

Conclusions
To recap today's diary:
  • Our Home Transfer Guide is now available to for everyone! Please make sure to read it and follow the directions on both this diary, and in the Google Forms itself. We're glad to be ready to start taking /home submissions from everyone! Please message a staff member if you have any questions about this system.
  • Auction House is going through a change, but don't worry, we'll all get used to it fast and the free market will be back to normal. What was listed in this diary was not an exhaustive or comprehensive list; there's still plenty to explore and discover about this new system.
  • Not listed, but we are working on fixing bugs all the time. They'll all be squashed soon enough!

And that concludes today's Dev. Diary! Watch out for updates in the future, as well as more Dev. Diaries! As always, we ask everyone for feedback. If you have any type of feedback, please let us know via this thread or message a staff member.

Thank you for reading, everybody!

-Sentinel Staff
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 11:52:25 PM by MHGUforPresident »
Wife to many wives but bugsy more than others

okuzbaban

• a wierdo and a good friend
    • View Profile
when this home transfer thing happen is the named mobs are gonna transfer aswell?
ox

Nick The Builder

• Perspective makes any build a beautiful creation.
    • View Profile
Really like the new auction house, it has more information and clarity, y'all doin a very good job staffs!! :D
- Your friendly builder, Nick. Visit Coari Crossing, The Gateway to The Kattalox Southwest! </t spawn Coari Crossing>

MHGUforPresident

• Senior Admin
    • View Profile
when this home transfer thing happen is the named mobs are gonna transfer aswell?
Yes. Mob's will transfer over. Tamed ones will also stay tamed to you!
Sorry for the delayed response, only got to be able to test it today.
Wife to many wives but bugsy more than others

Artinity

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Development Diary 5 - The Homes Solution and Auction House Changes!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 07:37:34 PM »
I'm looking at you Eli & Joel
Meanwhile I have 80 o_o RIP me

Eagler1997

• Lord of the lions
  • Donator
  • Becoming a warrior is not a simple task.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 02:33:00 PM »
Looks at 200 homes

krxsk

• Somewhat Photographer
  • Donator
  • Formerly CatchingCrowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 07:42:11 AM »
I'm clearing out my homes right now but realized I have a couple of homes located in the Pern world over my old builds. Am I allowed to keep those or is there any way to make that home as Pern in the form?

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 03:18:02 PM »
I'm clearing out my homes right now but realized I have a couple of homes located in the Pern world over my old builds. Am I allowed to keep those or is there any way to make that home as Pern in the form?
If you can keep them noted here or in your laptop or send them to me via message/DM we'll get those retrieved post-release!

krxsk

• Somewhat Photographer
  • Donator
  • Formerly CatchingCrowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 07:52:49 PM »
If you can keep them noted here or in your laptop or send them to me via message/DM we'll get those retrieved post-release!
Will do. Thank you, Pau!

SweatyKido

• Surprisingly not stinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2021, 07:53:50 PM »
Looks at 200 homes

looks at 2 homes :D

LordTiger89

• Donator
  • Be patience and smart don't push others
    • View Profile
Re: Development Diary #5 - The Homes Solution and Auction House Changes!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2021, 03:06:00 AM »
homes list saved and safe, just got 19 and 7 are the lucky ones :D
thank you staff members for all your hard work and spirit!!
much love to you all!!
yours always
tiger :D
The Little Prince Bedtime Story