Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Official Bungee Transfer Announcement!  (Read 4366 times)

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
Official Bungee Transfer Announcement!
« on: July 07, 2021, 12:17:35 PM »
Official Bungee Transfer Announcement

We believe we are ready to announce a transfer day to move from our current setup to that of a Minecraft network! We have put a lot of effort behind the scenes over the last few months to get to where we are.

We have decided that the 26th of July will be the day we do the transfer!

So everyone has up to the 25th of July to complete the listing of their homes, it has been detailed in this post here (http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10387.0). If you do not complete it before then, unfortunatly we will not be able to help you getting back to your home locations on bungee, we have a lot of post-launch stuff we need to still figure out and fix.

As for the transfer, it will take considerable time to be able to transfer so many different things and make final touches such as ensuring the majority of warps are in place for everyone, making sure custom commands are working as intended and most importantly all the worlds are transferred correctly. You need to be patient with us. We hope to limit downtime to only a day, but it could run over to a second one if we run into issues. If this may be the case we will communicate this with you. Once we have finished our transfer we will announce a time which the server will be open to the public and you can enjoy the launch of the Sentinel Network!

Leading up to the transfer

In the weeks we will be releasing guides we have put together on bungee for many of the different things that have changed, we hope this will help ease everyone transitions onto bungee. We shall try and squeeze in a development diary or two to update you on aspects of the project we have been working on.

As for just before the transfer, we will need everyone to do the following as a precaution, this is because we want to ensure all your items are safe, and that your transfer is smooth.

• Place all items in chests and place them in the world
  • Remove any listing you may have in the auction house
  • Remove anything you may have from your enderchest
  • (Donators) Remove anything you have in /chest and place it in a chest in the world

If you have not done this, you run the risk of losing your items held in these places, this is down to the nature of transferring 200,000 player data files which are in so many different states, it could potentially go wrong or not work.

Things that will change after transfer

There is a multitude of things to get used to after the transfer. We do hope these are not big issues for us, and we will grow to live with the quirks like we currently do on Sentinel. If you believe there is an issue you think is a bug we definitely would like you to report to us under the following post board and detailing the problem as much as possible so we can investigate it promptly.
Some of the things that are going to change for the better or for worse (totally up to you to decide):

• /back will not work as you would want and we have detailed this in a previous Development Diary. We will be giving each player an extra home to help combat this.
  • Towny chat and its features will be gone, you will have to use /clan. This means on transfer you will not be able to chat with your townies until you make a /clan chat for them.
  • Maps are likely to be broken for the coming weeks while we work through the massive backlog of maps, please give us time when sorting maps, we want to be able to do it right. More information to come soon.
  • Parkour is going to be reset of everyone, this is due to a permission issue with changing permission flags, it's not possible to fix at this time.
  • General bugs that will need to be reported.

We hope you are as excited as we are about this! We are working very hard to make sure it goes ahead for us all with as few problems as possible and looking forward to playing on bungee!

-SentinelCraft Staff
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 10:37:16 AM by The Carrot »

Dr_MineStein

• Donator
  • God-Level Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: Official Bungee Transfer Announcement!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 06:35:51 PM »
/back will not work as you would want and we have detailed this in a previous Development Diary. We will be giving each player an extra home to help combat this.

Is it possible to find some kind of alternative? Like a different plugin that works similar to /back?
If its not possible no worries I'll get used to it  ;D 

Towny chat and its features will be gone, you will have to use /clan. This means on transfer you will not be able to chat with your townies until you make a /clan chat for them.

So, will we have something similar to /local? Also will there be a separate channel for nations (like /clan but for nations)?
EDIT: I saw the previous diary nvm there will be local.

Parkour is going to be reset of everyone, this is due to a permission issue with changing permission flags, it's not possible to fix at this time.

YAY!

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 07:40:17 PM »
For /back, if you are just moving in-between servers you can use /server <name> to go back to your last location in the server you were in. That is one way to deal with how iffy /back is.

As for clans, it is strictly there as a replacement to /tc. Othet channels like global and local are ran seperately by another plugin, there will also be introduction to world chats so you can only speak to people in your server(world) if you want to send out a message to just them, like in skyblock!

Dr_MineStein

• Donator
  • God-Level Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 04:29:14 PM »
For /back, if you are just moving in-between servers you can use /server <name> to go back to your last location in the server you were in. That is one way to deal with how iffy /back is.

As for clans, it is strictly there as a replacement to /tc. Othet channels like global and local are ran seperately by another plugin, there will also be introduction to world chats so you can only speak to people in your server(world) if you want to send out a message to just them, like in skyblock!

Awesome, I think it would be sufficient with just the /server command. Now I can transfer between HvPanda's farm and /shop in Fedgardia!

hajkido 2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 07:44:56 AM »
Place all items in chests and place them in the world

does this mean put shulkers in chests? and armorstands

I am hajkido but you can call me haj (:

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 10:56:55 AM »
for shulkers placing them in the world will be fine and armour stands, I do believe will be fine

foxpatronus

• Donator
  • Live and let live.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 03:27:55 PM »
Hi! Sorry if this has already been stated somewhere, but where can those of us who have home sets in Pern/Fedgardia put those coords?

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 03:34:05 PM »
Hi! Sorry if this has already been stated somewhere, but where can those of us who have home sets in Pern/Fedgardia put those coords?

I'll contact you privately for those, check discord
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 03:40:09 PM by Migas »
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

ClownsieOne

• I am ClownsieOne. The original one. Remember me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 07:17:19 PM »
Im sorry, If this has been stated somewhere else But where do I list my House cords and things.
The Clown

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 09:31:32 PM »
Im sorry, If this has been stated somewhere else But where do I list my House cords and things.

You use this form: https://forms.gle/cddqSAGE5uht6cah6
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.