Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Guide to Global Market Chest  (Read 1418 times)

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
Guide to Global Market Chest
« on: July 09, 2021, 07:10:36 PM »
Guide to Global Market Chest
Made by Joelle & Thorn, with love

You may or may not have used Auction House for most of your buying and selling to other players, but we have entered a new era; it's time to adjust to Global Market Chest. As we move to BungeeCord, we have compiled a guide for you to adjust to this new system; we're sure that, given enough time, you'll grow to love this new interface and everything it offers!

How do I use the Global Market Chest plugin?

You can use access the Global Market Chest interface by typing /ah or /auction. This is what the Global Market Chest interface looks like:

How do I create an auction/how do I sell an item?

Drop the item you'd like to sell in the white glass plane. You can adjust the quantity by doing one of the following things;

- Pressing the left orange glass pane will allow you to add a full stack of the item.
- Pressing the right orange glass pane will allow you to sell all the stacks in your inventory of the same item and quantity.
- Pressing the purple glass pane allows you to sell +1 stack of the same item and quantity.
- Pressing the blue glass pane allows you to remove 1 stack from being sold off the item at the same quantity that you initially specified, without changing the price.
Use this for repeatable auctions. For example: when you have a stack of ingots, but only want to sell 1 at a time, this will set up 64 separate auctions for you.

Once you have added the right quantity, press the nether star at the bottom right to continue to the pricing page.

Setting the price for my auction

By pressing on the ores and ore blocks, you can set the value of your item. The upper row is to add values, the lower row is to subtract values. Quick mafs!
In the bottom center of the page, there is a name tag that suggests a price for the item based on recent sales. Clicking it will set it to that value. You'll never have to keep guessing again!

How do I purchase items using Global Market Chest?

Amongst the different categories of items available to buy at the auction house, you can enter a category by clicking it. Then you can go ahead and find the item of interest and click it.
You should get a menu asking you to confirm the purchase. By clicking the item in the middle of the panes, you will have bought the item of interest. You can also click the arrow on the top left to go back to the previous page.

One of your desired items might be a shulker box containing multiple items (e.g. Potions). GMC helps you with purchasing shulker boxes too.

Here you can see that a player wants to purchase a shulker box. Aside from the option that you might have to buy the shulker, you can also check for its contents by clicking the shulker shell beside this.
When you do this, you will be shown an interface that lets you view what is inside the shulker you are buying. This is useful for making sure you are getting what you asked for.

How do I search for items using GMC?

Can't find the item you want? You can use the search option! After accessing GMC using /ah, you can click on the hopper at the top left to search for your desired item.
You have 3 options to do so, either searching for a similar item by pressing the grass block or searching for the item by its name by pressing the paper, or searching a player name to check what items they are selling by pressing the player head. 

Auctions in the last 24 hours

Clicking on the clock at the top left, allows you to check the auctions made in the last 24 hours.

How do I view my Auction History?

By clicking on the enchanted book in the bottom left, you could see your auction history.

Here you could check your auctions that are in progress, expired, sold, bought, and canceled.
You could undo every auction you have by pressing the red wool and renew any expired items (shown in the expired items section) using the orange wool.

Hopefully, this guide gives you a full scope of how to use the Global Market Chest. We know that adjusting to a new system can seem daunting at first, but this guide should give you the A-Z of how to navigate this menu, and how to buy and sell your items!

Happy auctioning,

-- Sentinelcraft staff
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 08:38:57 AM by ItsThorn »

Dr_MineStein

• Donator
  • God-Level Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: Guide to Global Market Chest
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 08:34:27 PM »
Thank you so much Pau for this detailed guide. I think it is a bit more complex then our current system, but it offers much more features, I do think it will take me some time to get used to it.

ItsThorn

• The hardest choices require the strongest wills...
    • View Profile
Re: Guide to Global Market Chest
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 02:10:46 PM »
Thank you so much Pau for this detailed guide. I think it is a bit more complex then our current system, but it offers much more features, I do think it will take me some time to get used to it.

While the new system seems more complicated, we hope you enjoy the various new features. I think it'll negate the confusion for ah commands, and the GUI does the job