Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Weekend Observations: Edition #12  (Read 3753 times)

evzntv

• Admin
    • View Profile
Weekend Observations: Edition #12
« on: July 19, 2021, 07:33:09 PM »
SENTINELCRAFT'S
WEEKEND OBSERVATIONS
EDITION: 7-19-2021

Welcome everyone to this edition of Weekend Observations! This thread is a weekly recap of all the major changes that have happened over the span of the last week. As always if you have any contributions/questions you can contact evzntv in game or on discord. Lets get into the week!!

BUNGEE ANNOUNCEMENT!

It's almost time for Bungee!

Oplegoman and the senior staff announced the transfer to Bungee would take place on July 26th. In this announcement, Oli detailed steps of what each player should do leading up to the transfer. Also listed was aspects of the game that would be changed after the transfer. Additionally, ItsThorn released the 7th development diary the next day. This diary detailed the changes coming to Alpha as well the addition of many Guides to come in the coming weeks. It is encouraged that everyone reads both of these threads, as it pertains to the immediate future of our server.

BUNGEE ANNOUNCEMENT LINK: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10474.0
DEVELOPMENT DIARY LINK: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10476.0

SENTINELCRAFT MEMORY LANE

A brand new series covering the past of SentinelCraft!

Since the last WO, 3 new editions of SentinelCraft Memory Lane have been released. Edition 2 covers FatherTimeKeeper, Fjerriero and krxsk. Edition 3 covers BlacksVelvet, Aureus_Lunae, and DanteVentura. The latest edition covers TipsyTea, ninja5132, and bugsy12. To read these three editions, you can click on this board link: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?board=234.0

SENTINELCRAFT MEMORY LANE EDITION #1: http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=10459.0

PROMOTIONS

As part of our weekly recap, it's important to recognize players who received a promotion! The following players received a promotion over the last two weeks.

SkotKeller: From Member to Donator
oozma: From Donator to Donator
ash_65: From Member to Donator
Aujime: From Member to Donator
jellyist: From Member to Donator
PatrickYD: From Member to Donator
PhatPastel: From Member to Donator
ShadowPandaa: From Member to Donator
Superkfish: From Member to Donator
Anshukk: From Member to Senior Member

A promotion that caught my eye in particular was Anshukk, becoming the first to be promoted to Senior Member for the first time in some months. I decided to contact him for an exclusive interview (interview edited for clarity purposes).

Ev: Congrats on Senior Member! How's it feel to be SM?

Ans: Tbh it feels awesome. When I first joined sentinel, it was the first server I joined. Actually before that i never knew about servers and multiplayers tbh lol. Since then I had applied for SM 3 times. First time was a disaster. I was banned that week, because I had let my brother play into my account for a few minutes and then I disappeared from sentinel for a long time then I returned a few months ago and many things had changed I left Market and joined gotham, made some really good friends, and now I am a SM and my town's Assistant, so in total it has been great.

Ev: You mentioned that you took some time away from Sentinel, what made you decide to come back after a long disappearance?

Ans: When I got banned from sentinel, I did not know whether i will be unbanned because my appeal was not considered, so I thought it was over with sentinel, and sentinel was the best and still is the best server I have ever joined. So I thought i was never gonna come back to sentinel and started playing some bedwars and single player. Since then I had stopped looking at the forums. I used to keep contact with Barry (JohnBarry99) and would have some conversation with him.
One day while talking to him I just randomly asked him how was it going on with everyone at sentinel. He told me "why don't u come around and have a look?'. I told him that I was banned if he did not remember. Then Barry told me to check forums.
When I opened forums and clicked on my second appeal I gasped in astonishment to see that I was unbanned.Also to add, I went to try on many other servers but i couldn't find a server like sentinel, and since then I again started playing in the server.
Hopefully I dont do anything stupid in the near future and get into some consequences again.

Ev: Yeah true haha. That's a very interesting story though! I had no idea you were banned and were away for so long. I myself was away for a long period of time, but making my way back here was one of the best decisions I've made. Your story is very unique though in that you went from banned to Senior Member in the span of a few months. To anyone thats thinking about applying for Senior Member, what advice would you give them?

Ans: To people who would like to apply for SM i would ask them to be regular to the server talk to people, help players, have a good reputation of yourself in the server, and vote. Earlier i was not a talkative kind of person just used to help and thus nobody knew me back then, not bugs, Moog, or even you Ev. But after i came back, I started talking to you guys, indulged in the activities like RoW (not ToF sorry cause trivia is not my cup of tea tbh), and used to be regular, and now I know not many people know about me but at least I am better that the first time I joined. Progress is progress.

Ev: Progress is super important. You could not have been more accurate with that. Very good stuff! What does the immediate future look like for you? Any builds/projects?

Ans: Thank you ev! For now I was working on my own base which i would like to improve. Also I have been wanting to help my town members to make gotham better. Now I am an assistant, I can help with the big projects and keep myself indulged with work in mc as well as irl. As per my future in sentinel, now I would want to use this rank I achieved to help more and then one day apply for moderator.

Ev: Sounds like the future is very bright for you :). Thanks for your time Ans!

Ans: Anytime :D, thanks for interviewing me!

Congrats to all who were promoted!

Roll on Wednesday (RoW)

RoW is an event that occurs twice every Wednesday. This event takes both luck and skill as you must possess a combination of both to win!

Two games, as usual, were played this week with both being filled with immense amounts of triumph, defeat, and beef. Morning RoW was filled with several 100 roll's, as navidnn, Nick_Builder, and EMULATOR all rolled a 100. ItsThorn was the lucky loser, but would not be denied from playing in the finals, as he was revived just before the final mini game: ice boat race. And for Thorn, everything seemed to click as he took home the first win of the day! Later on, Devereux hosted an intense game of RoW which wound up going down to a winner-take-all final game of Hide & Seek. Contestants had to search through all 20 warps of the Pern memorial world. Dev hid well, but in the end Sir_Billiam was able to find Dev and take home a definitive 1st place.

Here are the results for this week's event!

Early RoW:
1st place: ItsThorn
2nd place: BrendaxNL
3rd place: JohnBarry99
Lucky Loser: ItsThorn
Host: bugsy12

Late RoW:
1st place: Sir_Billiam
2nd place: N/A
3rd place: N/A
Host:
Devereux

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Trivia on Friday (ToF)

ToF is an event that occurs every Friday. It's a test of knowledge and speed, and the player who possesses both is the winner!

ToF again took place this week on two separate occasions, but this time with different themes. The morning theme, hosted by evzntv, was SentinelCraft within the last 6 months. Early on, SweatyKido1 took a surprising lead and did well to start off the game. But unfortunately for him, he was no match to bugsy12. Despite joining late, she caught up fast and won the morning event. Later in the day, Bugsy hosted Greek & Roman Mythology trivia. With the power of sponges, JeffEatsPie won the game. This marked Jeff's first win in ToF.

Here are the results from ToF!

Early ToF:
1st place: bugsy12
2nd place: SweatyKido1
3rd place: ItsThorn
Host: evzntv

Late ToF:
1st place: JeffEatsPie
2nd place: ComCoffee9987
3rd place: Blok3y
Host: bugsy12

Congratulations to the winners!

EDITOR'S NOTE

Bungee is almost here! I for one, am very excited to play on Bungee and try some of the new features that are coming to the server. But it is of the utmost importance, to log your homes! You have until the 25th to do so, and doing this will allow you to keep your /homes safe. I can speak for all of the staff team when I say we would really appreciate everyone to do this so that there are minimal issues with /homes! The link to do so is here: https://forms.gle/cddqSAGE5uht6cah6

As always, thank you for reading "Weekend Observations" and we'll see you back here next week

- Your friendly journalist Ev <3
The journalist admin guy #AlmightySmallVillage

bugsy12

• Senior Admin
  • #BugsyForAdminNinjaForMember
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Observations: Edition #12
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 08:44:27 PM »
Loved the interview with Ans! great WO as always

Dr_MineStein

• Donator
  • God-Level Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 10:33:03 PM »
Awesome interview with Ans!! I too am very excited for bungee!

JohnBarry99

• Donator
  • Just think of me as your guardian devil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 01:12:38 AM »
Yaaaasss Anshukk!! Great interview! <3
not quite my tempo.

Anshukk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 03:18:10 AM »
thank u for the interview ev. Loved it! <3
and thank u guys!! <3