Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Doc's Mod application  (Read 4393 times)

Dr_MineStein

• Donator
  • God-Level Hacker
    • View Profile
Doc's Mod application
« on: December 22, 2021, 10:04:24 PM »
- What is your in-game name?:

Dr_MineStein

- Current Rank?:

My current rank is Senior Member [SM]
My current rank is 15$ Green Donator [D]

- Where are you from?:

Southern East Coast, USA

- What is your age?:

- How often do you vote?:

I vote every day.

- When did you join the server?:

I joined mid-March 2021, but started actively playing since May 20th, 2021.

- What time of the day are you on? (include timezone):

I'm online the following parts of the day:
  • 8 - 10 AM EST
  • 12 - 2:30 PM EST
  • 4 - 6 PM EST

- Are you currently staff on any other servers?:

I actually am. I'm one of the head Admins (with Server Operator status) on my old high school run Minecraft SMP.
(Please note I cannot share the name nor IP, it is solely for school alumni and students, giving out information can cause problems for myself.)

- Why do you think should you be promoted and how will you be helpful?:

A lot of people compliment me for learning by just watching others, and I have learnt about the staff culture here on SentinelCraft like that. For example: Once, a new player joined, and after some time they mentioned that they already joined the server before and are just using a new username and playing. My first instinct was to point out that they're breaking the rules. But Ople was on, and I thought let's see how he handles the situation. In short, he did a great job - he calmly asked the guy what their old username was, and then patiently explained they should use their previous account or request a transfer. Not sure if I can recollect correctly, but the guy agreed and joined with his old account name. If we had shouted "hey you're breaking the rules!", most probably they would have left or become mad and caused more chaos. Similarly, I've been close friends with evzntv, and have often observed how he calmly addresses problematic situations and rule breakers (especially as mayor of Faygo Dreams, he has had to deal with griefers, people not replanting, etc.). I feel that, having closely observed such situations, I can help the community in a similar manner as a Moderator.

Currently I am mayor of my town, Zion, and Nation Assistant for the second largest nation on the server, United Faygo Order. With the help of my co-mayor ___Pinheiro___ I learned a lot about Towny, its commands, and how to use them. I have read both the towny guide on our website and the official Towny Wiki on GitHub/Fandom. As mayor, I have understood the Towny culture on the server and as Moderator can better help in this regard.

Since August 2021, I have been one of the head Admins on the SMP. I obviously have to know some things, such as using the console, collecting logs, and mainly in-game moderation. The server has about 50 - 80 players at a time. It is a Vanilla Spigot server without any plugins installed, hosted on a server computer in the High School which I either remotely access or personally access. So in terms of server setup, I'm still learning but quite familiar, so I hope to help in this regard as well.

I haven't been staff on many Minecraft servers but I have been a Discord Admin on Jartex and Blockdrop. My main business was managing bots, keeping an eye over channels, muting/banning users when necessary, etc. Additionally, I had my own two Discord servers - one for Skywars and one for Bedwars (the latter still remains, although inactive) each topping 100+ players. As may be understood how much work setting up and maintaining a large Discord server would be - I have a lot of knowledge on this front.

Using all this experience I have gained, I hope to use them for a good cause for SentinelCraft to the best of my ability, and hopefully remove some extra load on staff's shoulders. Even as SM when staff is busy, I answer basic questions about the server to new players as well as those that may have a doubt sometimes. However, I wish to do more than just this and think I would and can be more helpful as a Moderator.

- Do you feel like you can be neutral and be loyal to the server rules above all else?:

Of course! Let's face it, a lot of us (at least me) first have the idea that rules are restrictive, annoying, and pointless - rather, rules are there to ensure fairness, maintain a great community, and increase support. I understand the reason for the existence of server rules and I, as Moderator, will keep that in the front of my mind at all times, remaining both loyal and neutral to the server rules above anything else, even if it means sacrificing a relationship for the benefit of the wider community.

- Additional Information:

Last but not least, I feel that the past seven months on the server was a time of excitement and fun, but more importantly, progress. My start on the server, unlike most regulars, wasn't a very good one. Made my mark with a jail on day one, day two got released from jail but got both muted and banned on the same day. However, I considered my ban more of a learning experience than a punishment. Immediately after my unban, I was determined to change myself and show my dedication, eventually earning myself the Senior Member rank. On the way, I gained the friendship and trust of amazing folks like King_fat_hamm, evzntv, Baked_Tater, SweatyKido, jjimm, and so on. I helped develop new towns and eventually in collaboration with Pinheiro started my own. I also brought a few people along into the server. Basically, this growth mindset of being able to progress, learn more, and contribute would be a great asset to the server.

Many thanks to the Senior Staff who are reviewing this application - they continue to make decisions in a timely manner and improve the server, even with personal life problems and responsibilities. Apologize for the large post, but I wanted to be as detailed in my abilities as possible, so I may contribute to (in all seriousness) the best server I have ever come across in my entire 8 year journey of playing Minecraft.

In the event of a rejection, I would prefer a detailed private response.

Yours Sincerely,

-Doc

EDIT: Fixed some apostrophes that changed into question marks. (MS Word....  xD)
EDIT: Updated current rank.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 08:42:32 PM by Dr_MineStein »

KingFatHamm

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Doc's Mod application
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 10:12:46 PM »
best of luck doc! : D
that weird guy who used to have a cult following on Minecraft and also plays fallout games religiously

jim

• Donator
  • I try to be cool... I'm not very good at it.
    • View Profile
    • e
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 10:34:21 PM »
WOOOOO GO DOC
Changing my desktop to sweden's flag

SweatyKido

• Surprisingly not stinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 10:35:32 PM »
GOOD LUCK DOC

OminousCrystal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 10:56:04 PM »
Good luck bro :) :thumbsup:

evzntv

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 12:56:19 AM »
Good luck! <3
The journalist admin guy #AlmightySmallVillage

Levi925487

• bruhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2021, 05:48:52 AM »
DOC!!! GOODLUCK!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
do /t spawn New_Kelp_City :D

Joel

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2021, 06:29:49 AM »
Good luck! :)

okuzbaban

• a wierdo and a good friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2021, 09:59:00 AM »
good luck doc
ox

Mindtwisty

• Donator
  • The luckiest guy you will ever meet o.o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2021, 12:00:39 PM »
good luck <3

Dr_MineStein

• Donator
  • God-Level Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2021, 02:54:35 PM »

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2021, 10:53:03 PM »
Your application will be under review and an answer will be given in the next 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 04:18:12 PM by Migas »
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

Anshukk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2021, 03:04:03 AM »
Ayy, good luck doc

Dr_MineStein

• Donator
  • God-Level Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2021, 05:23:42 PM »