Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: About EOTM's Future.  (Read 539 times)

jim

• Donator
  • I try to be cool... I'm not very good at it.
    • View Profile
    • e
About EOTM's Future.
« on: May 31, 2022, 10:09:27 PM »
Hey Sentinelcrafters! Today I'm gonna talk about the future of my series of events EOTM(Event of The Month)

Over the last five months I've been planning and hosting events for the people of the server to enjoy in a series called "EOTM" or Event of The Month. After each event, I've started sitting in a chair for a few minutes to reflect on the event and specifically two things 1. How much people enjoyed the event and 2. Was it hosted well and fairly. Now these thoughts are important to elevate events but when you walk away thinking harshly upon them it gets mentally damaging. This is a plot hole I've fell into more and more recently.

One of the reasons for this is because I as the name implies, only have a month to plan an event. This may come out rushed and unwanted problems may pop because there wasn't enough time to think about them and make sure they don't happen. It also leaves a quality gap in my events. The staff team when hosting events is a great help, they can look over and review events until your satisfied with the end result but again, when you have a month this becomes tricky leaving you to yourself while hosting which can end in you blaming yourself for everything going wrong.

Some other things I wanted to mention was my mental capability on events. After some time, I expect more of myself within my hosting capabilities, so when i reflect on events I in a way bully myself into thinking I did a horrible job in one way or another, and even if people congratulate or thank me for doing a good job i'm too much in my mind about the bad things that went on that event. Now this is not a fun cycle to go through and its made me want to separate myself from Sentinel in total which is horrible because everyone on the server is so kind and supporting of the events I create.

I love hosting and planning EOTM, truly. Its amazing but the after lash i give myself isn't worth it for me. But, I'm going to continue hosting. As some of you may know, during the summer(specifically Late June-Early August) I become completely inactive. But! When i come back I'm planning on events more high-quality events verses quantity. This means working with staff more and hopefully coming a way from the event more happy with its end.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to message me via discord(jjiimm#0740),
-Jim
Changing my desktop to sweden's flag