Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: New Minigame Idea  (Read 524 times)

Frios5

• I Proudly Own One Penny! :D
    • View Profile
New Minigame Idea
« on: November 16, 2022, 05:52:19 AM »
Hey Guys

I couldn't find the right place to post this so I did it here. I have a minigame Idea that revolves around Parkour and competitive racing. This could also be used to determine a winner in any event if a draw is declared. I call it lava run but, I'm sure some if not most of you are familiar with the basic idea of the minigame. You as the player have to run through a narrow path filled to the brim with parkour jumps while a wall of lava chases after you killing anyone who doesn't complete the course in time. I am fully aware of the timer system that the parkour minigame already has however, I believe this would some-what if not completely enhance the trill and the stresses of parkour that I know everyone enjoys.

Thank you for your time

Frios5-

If you have any questions feel free to message me on Discord (frios5#3312)
or If you want to see a model of the minigame also message me. (Note it may be a while before a functional model is available)

dcipher

• The Banker
    • View Profile
Re: New Minigame Idea
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 01:41:43 PM »
I watched something similar, but they had power tools like jump forward boosts etc. and the Ender Dragon chases them. It would be quite fun to have that as a mini-game too.
Look me in the eye and tell me. "What are you lookin' at?"

"Everything comes with a price."

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 07:12:53 PM »
Is there a plugin that makes this possible?

Frios5

• I Proudly Own One Penny! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 08:53:58 PM »
so far no as far as I'm aware however if you give me a few hours I could maybe find one that could work.

Edit: the power tools  wasn't originally in the idea I had for the game but if you think it would be better if it was added then I'd be glad to find a plugin to make it possible. As for the lava feature. That can be replicated with command blocks or redstone so I don't believe a plugin is nessesary for it but, that's just my opinion.

Final Edit: no Unfortunately I could not find a plugin that can add tools as dcipher described. As for a minigame like the one I described, all lava run minigames are extremely outdated and don't have support for bungee.  If you still wish to experience a remake out of redstone give me a few weeks to complete a small model of the course.

Once again Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 03:27:37 AM by Frios5 »

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 04:36:04 PM »
I think a middle ground can be reached here, how about a parkour where if you fall into lava it resets your progress? I know that should be possible with our current parkour plugin =)