Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Spooktacular Contests  (Read 2944 times)

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
Spooktacular Contests
« on: October 24, 2014, 10:34:16 PM »

Hello again my ghouls and ghosties!

As promised, I will now demystify your orders and further explain our goals. As you all know, we've cast several curses on the "sunnies" and spawn. Come Halloween day, or should I say night? *giggle*, we will show those sun-loving fools that we will no longer let our night go by unnoticed.

So, what are we planning? Well... my minions and I have devised a series of competitions for you to partake in. You must follow the rules of the competitions in order to compete. If you don't... well.. that's an awfully fun little surprise I'll keep to myself, but fear not! The rules are quite simple, and the challenges will be quite fun, and who knows..perhaps the winners of the competitions will get a trick... or a treat!

Before I give you a layout of what we're looking for, here are some rules to keep in mind.

1. You may enter any and all of the competitions only once. No multiple entries, nor can you build something for someone else, it has to be done by you. (Although pooling your evil talents is fine, but remember, only one name will go on the registration slip)

2. You must be original. If I, or one of my minions finds that a build has been copied from someone else, we will not hesitate to destroy it, and (more than likely) you.

3. The deadline for submissions is absolute, we wait for no one.

So what are the competitions and how will you receive points? Here's a quick layout for you, it should be very cut and dry... where did I lay my knife?

1. Haunted House
  • Originality
  • Creepiness
  • Asthetics (Overall Theme)
  • Use of redst- I mean blood mechanics
  • We'll be giving bonus points to anyone who is extra creative...

2. Maze
  • Use of blood mechanics
  • Aesthetics
  • Must have 1 entrance and at least 1 exit (with a usable path between)
  • How scary/confusing it is

3. Jack-O-Lantern
  • The grander in stature, the better!
  • No offensive symbols
  • Must be "carved" and lit up
  • Will be graded on clarity of design, aesthetics, and use of Blood mechanics

So there you have it, the simplest of all our rules... now I have some things left for you to keep in mind before I turn you loose into the streets. My minions will be the ones to review these things. We will watch from the shadows as you build them, so please make sure you're on your best behavior!  Also, just so we're all clear, the deadline for all submissions is 10/31/2014 at the stroke of midnight, GMT. After this point, we will not be able to take any more submissions, so do make sure you keep the deadline in mind. Below is registration form, please answer it as thoroughly as possible and post it here, and good luck... not that you'll need it, of course.

Registration Form:

Create a new topic in this board and we will review your application!

1. What is your in-game name?

2. What time of the day are you on? (include timezone)

3. Which competition you are entering?

4. What are the coordinates of your build? Please include the x, y, and z values. If available, include any warps or town spawns it's near so other players can see it.

5. Additional information?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:20:01 AM by Fedgar_Lurch »
-- Fedgar

ChampionRed

• Donator
  • Long Live Triune!
    • View Profile
Re: Spooktacular Contests
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 01:21:07 AM »
Sounds really fun! I'll make some builds in Paradoxia and register them! =]

ninja5132

• Server Eye Candy
  • Donator
  • Migas is not mean :)
    • View Profile
Re: Spooktacular Contests
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 01:13:32 AM »
Just so players know, it is past midnight GMT.