Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Ban appeal (exodus123)  (Read 5746 times)

exodus123

• Donator
    • View Profile
Ban appeal (exodus123)
« on: October 29, 2014, 06:57:49 PM »
- In-game name: exodus123

- Date and time of ban? (Include Timezone): 19:40, 29th of November 2014. GMT +1, Norwegian time.

- Which Staff member banned you? (Blank if you do not know) Ellemenopea

- Why were you banned? (What Appears on your ban message) Spawn killing and disrespect

- Were you previously jailed or muted? (If yes, say why) Yes, I was muted and jailed for "spawn killing". I only killed them twice each and did nothing else.

- Why should you be unbanned?
I should be unbanned because I believe the hypocrisy was strong in this one. Fine, I got jailed for 30 minutes for killing them both twice each, but being banned for disrespect as well, for something Ellemenopea stated first? In my opinion, that isn't right in any way. Elle said something about trusting google translate more than me, because I said that it was a bad translation program (for sentences obviously), and I replied "likewise", obviously, because it's the internet... Probably emotion got in overhand and I got banned. I tried to defend Zarosi about the usage of "ass" in a private chat, in norwegian language. The word "ass" in norwegian, is used as a slang word for "then", we tried to explain to Elle, but got banned very quick.

Ellemenopeanuts

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Ban appeal (exodus123)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 07:01:51 PM »
Better get your story straight - and fast.

I tried to defend Zarosi about the usage of "ass" in a private chat, in norwegian language. The word "ass" in norwegian, is used as a slang word for "then", we tried to explain to Elle, but got banned very quick.

[18:33:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Zarosi : /reply visst jeg f?r straff for ? ha drept han n? da ass....
[18:33:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] * richgotya is no longer AFK.
[18:33:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] exodus123: I didn't even pick up his stuff
[18:33:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] francischan312 left the game.
[18:33:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][M] phsOrsuLi94: that isn't happening if you don't walking killing the players :)
[18:33:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][GRIZ|ZLY] [Admin] Ellemenopea: Who's an ass, Zarosi?
[18:34:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] Zarosi: ass = like in norwegian
[18:34:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] exodus123: Its in norwegian, just a slang word..
[18:34:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] exodus123: doesnt mean "ass" in English
[18:34:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][GRIZ|ZLY] [Admin] Ellemenopea: yeah, I know what an ass is...
[18:34:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] Zarosi: elle
[18:34:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] Zarosi: ass = like
[18:34:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] Zarosi: im not joking
[18:34:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][GRIZ|ZLY] [Admin] Ellemenopea: Highly unlikely that you're telling any form of truth there :P
[18:34:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] Zarosi: uhh...pls look it up
[18:34:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] exodus123: Well, you're not Norwegian. Ofc you don't know
[18:35:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] exodus123: Its a slang word
[18:35:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][GRIZ|ZLY] [Admin] Ellemenopea: You're saying that ass does not have a universal meaning?
[18:35:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] Zarosi: it's a form of dialect in norwegian where we say that
[18:35:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] exodus123: It has several meanings..
[18:35:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] Zarosi: yes it does but i didnt use it in that meaning
[18:35:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][GRIZ|ZLY] [Admin] Ellemenopea: Google translate - known I get punishment for killing him now that ass ...
[18:35:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] Zarosi: i'll translate what i say
[18:35:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][GRIZ|ZLY] [Admin] Ellemenopea: Mind teling me in what context that is?
[18:35:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] exodus123: Google translate is not a good translation programme
[18:35:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][GRIZ|ZLY] [Admin] Ellemenopea: I trust it more than you.
[18:35:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Jakeland10 joined the game.
[18:35:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Player Jakeland10 comes from Ireland.
[18:36:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] exodus123: Likewise
[18:36:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][GRIZ|ZLY] [Admin] Ellemenopea: Well then, you can say goodbye.
[18:36:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] Zarosi: exodus123 dont let me explain myself
[18:36:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Ellemenopea, exodus123
[18:36:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Ellemenopea, exodus123
[18:36:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][NA|ARI] [M] For_Pony: im Norwegian it says "that staff ell is so beautiful and always right"
[18:36:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|SINN] [M] Zarosi: let me*
[18:36:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] exodus123 left the game.
[18:36:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Player Ellemenopea banned exodus123 for: spawn killing and dissrespecrt.
[18:36:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Jakeland10 : /t spawn
[18:36:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Player Ellemenopea banned exodus123 for: spawn killing and dissrespect.
[18:36:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Zarosi left the game.
[18:36:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Player Ellemenopea banned Zarosi for: span killing and disrespect.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:05:48 PM by Ellemenopea »

exodus123

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 07:04:42 PM »
Different translations, I'm sorry my English teacher.

exodus123

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 07:05:46 PM »
You can even ask Zarosi, he told me that what he said it meant was incorrect...

Ellemenopeanuts

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »
Or you're both lying to get out of a sticky situation. We'll leave it at that for now ;)

Your appeal will be under review. An answer will be given within 7 days.

exodus123

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 07:07:58 PM »
Whatever he said doesn't even have an impact on my situation, I simply believe you just want me banned.

Ellemenopeanuts

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 07:09:20 PM »
I wanted you banned? You're of no consequence to me. :)

exodus123

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 07:12:37 PM »
Then why do you ban us for using norwegian slang, which you have no knowledge about? Didn't know that was a crime in the cyber world.

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 07:37:17 PM »
I do know I'm not supposed to post in others' ban appeal. But I trust Elle in everything, but since you guys claim that this is a norwegian slang. I've decided to make some research.
First, google translate confirms to me that in 3 other languages (arabic, french and english) the word ass means what it means. Wich is ass. Even the other way around it still seems to mean ass in norwegian.
Secondly, i've looked up all the possible terms for then I've found approx 7 I think, none of them were close to ass.
Finally I've looked up the slang word for then but found none. The slangs are  basically the same ones as found in other languages.
So I suggest you actually give proof rather than throwing it like some norwegian fact that ass means then. Otherwise your words cannot be completly trusted.
Again sorry for the intrusion.

exodus123

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 07:39:20 PM »

exodus123

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 07:41:22 PM »
FYI, we use that word around here, close to Oslo.. It isn't used in whole Norway, because we use different dialects and slang.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 11:55:57 PM »
Simple.

Use english and communicate clearly and there will not be any issues. No its not against the rules to speak in other languages in private, but it can certainly have its repercussions.

Now then, I have used Google translate for a long time. No it cannot discern full sentences very accurately. But it does get the general context across rather well. So I would trust Google over someone who may or may not be bitter about being punished.

So, If you dont want there to be any misunderstandings. Use English, or you are the at the mercy of my discretion.
You cannot honestly expect that just because what you are saying in an obscure region specifc slang of a dialect of a language that only you and a few select others here speak, we are going to just outright believe you contrary to the conflicting evidence. That would be like me saying "I think exodus123 is a half-tard" and then me trying to get you to believe that "half-tard" means genius.

Your appeal is under review. Remember, we value honesty above most other traits. If you wish to amend your previous statements, now would be the time.
-- Fedgar

exodus123

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 05:26:34 PM »
I understand, though I didn't use any slang word, just tried to defend him. We didn't mean to offend anyone by any means and will stay away from words that may be offensive. Sorry for the misunderstandings.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 09:12:52 PM »
Unbanned.

In the future use English to avoid confusion.
-- Fedgar