Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: ban appeal  (Read 4694 times)

nikias

• View Profile
ban appeal
« on: December 27, 2014, 12:45:15 AM »
- In-game name: Nikias

- Date and time of ban? (Include Timezone): 1:42 am gmt+1 12/27/14

- Which Staff member banned you? (Blank if you do not know)

- Why were you banned? (What Appears on your ban message) People were joking about asian countries, so tried to join in on the fun. Got banned after asking if "china was the country were they eat dogs".

- Were you previously jailed or muted? (If yes, say why) Never, and frankly wouldn't a mute have been more in place then a BAN?

- Why should you be unbanned? Because it was just an innocent joke without the intention to harm anyone?

Kouenkami

• View Profile
Re: ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 01:50:36 AM »
You said more than that in chat...I'll paste the logs so you can remember.

[19:32:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|LUX] [D] BlacksVelvet: Does korea even have internet? o3o
[19:32:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][REBU|REB] [M] TheMasterofAura: yea
[19:32:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][NA|ARI] [Mod] KouenKami: yes
[19:32:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][-SR-|-MZ-] [D] derpala: yes
[19:32:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|LUX] [D] BlacksVelvet: *genuinly curious*
[19:32:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][NA|VLMR] [M] KibikiKibble: South Korea does XD
[19:32:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][TRI|UAE] [D] FLUX_90: yeah, I saw a dude with red hair
[19:32:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][REBU|REB] [M] TheMasterofAura: kpop is everywhere
[19:32:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][M] Nikias: they have 8 pc's with internet
[19:32:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][TRI|LION] [M] fishcablob: you remember gangnam style right?
[19:32:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][TRI|LION] [M] fishcablob: korean
[19:33:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][REBU|ASB] [M] Poopingoutswag: south korean
[19:33:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][M] Nikias: Fake korean
[19:33:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][-SR-|-MZ-] [D] derpala: pfft like starcraft even
[19:33:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][-SR-|-MZ-] [D] c0d3br3ak3r: -Shun-
[19:33:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|LUX] [D] BlacksVelvet: xD I'm very ignorant when it comes to other countries...
[19:33:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][M] Nikias: the real korean is in the north with my homie il'sung
[19:33:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][-SR-|-MZ-] [D] c0d3br3ak3r: Holy crap, I need to get SC2 installed again. o.o
[19:33:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][REBU|REB] [M] TheMasterofAura: starcraft is china duuh
[19:33:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][-SR-|-MZ-] [D] c0d3br3ak3r: Korea.
[19:33:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][REBU|REB] [M] TheMasterofAura: which is china again?
[19:33:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][-SR-|-MZ-] [D] c0d3br3ak3r: Um...
[19:33:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][REBU|ASB] [M] Poopingoutswag: jeesh
[19:33:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|LUX] [D] BlacksVelvet: Lol.
[19:33:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][-SR-|-MZ-] [D] c0d3br3ak3r: WoW.
[19:33:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][REBU|REB] [M] TheMasterofAura: I should know this, im taking chinese classes
[19:33:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][REBU|REB] [M] TheMasterofAura: oh...
[19:33:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][-SR-|-MZ-] [D] c0d3br3ak3r: Its WoW.
[19:33:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][M] Nikias: china is the one with godzilla
[19:34:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][-SR-|-MZ-] [D] derpala: thats japan
[19:34:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][HAND|LUX] [D] BlacksVelvet: No... Japan is the one with Godzilla. <_<
[19:34:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][REBU|ASB] [M] Poopingoutswag: ignorace at its finest
[19:34:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][NA|ARI] [Mod] KouenKami: mya..
[19:34:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][M] Nikias: Is china the one with the ladyboys?
[19:34:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][-SR-|-MZ-] [D] derpala: wheres my /facepalm at
[19:34:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][-SR-|-MZ-] [D] c0d3br3ak3r: No, China is the one with good food.
[19:34:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][REBU|REB] [M] TheMasterofAura: china is the one thats 1bill people
[19:34:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][M] Nikias: the one with eating dog on a stick ?
[19:34:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G][REBU|ASB] [M] Poopingoutswag: racist much?

I understand that they were joking about asian countries..but honestly..these "jokes" made me feel uncomfortable, and I don't think it's alright to generalize a whole culture as looking like "Ladyboys" as you so eloquently put it, and I was not the only one bothered by this..other members did say something about your last few remarks..and you said nothing. There was atleast a 2-3 minute time lapse between when I banned you and when you made those "jokes"....and in ./g chat  you were called on them...which clearly means you offended some people. 

nikias

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 02:06:46 AM »
While I understand that some of my quotes may a tad "insensitive" I did certainly not mean to insult anyone? I mean, a permanent ban for just sharing facts or memes seems a bit... overkill? :s If you'd just have talked with me ingame before perm banning, I would certainly have stopped. I was just trying to kill some of the boredom of farming diamonds 4 hours in a row.. :p

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 02:31:10 AM »
Your appeal will be under review. Please wait a maximum of 7 days for our response.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

Richgotya

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 10:09:05 PM »
Denied.

nikias

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 10:23:24 PM »

Richgotya

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 01:50:57 AM »
you can reapply for a ban appeal how ever you clearly do not fit into our community with your bigoted mind.

nikias

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 03:05:38 AM »
you can reapply for a ban appeal how ever you clearly do not fit into our community with your bigoted mind.

Damn son, you're one of those fedora/trenchcoat type of guys am I right? You know, the ones with a red pimpled geekface and unwashed hair... I could be wrong tho', you could be a testosteron filled playboy screwing chicks up his meatsword while 420'in with his homies type of fella. But I still think the first description is more spot on. Seeing as you're a "main administrator" on some nerd filled low pop minecraft lag server.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 04:26:29 AM »
Yeah we totally are you are sooo right! How could we have not realized that you by far were so much cooler than us!

Everyone! Lets look at what this delightful specimen of the human race looks like

Now mister N***** ******* (Name Redacted) Lets remember, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:30:05 AM by Fedgar_Lurch »
-- Fedgar

Ellemenopeanuts

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 09:52:05 AM »
Remember, this was the server "full of nerds" that you were desperate enough to make a ban appeal to get back into.