Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Ban Appeal - CpTDiSNeYLaND  (Read 3408 times)

CpTDiSNeYLaND

• Donator
    • View Profile
Ban Appeal - CpTDiSNeYLaND
« on: December 31, 2014, 08:41:03 AM »
 In-game name: CpTDiSNeYLaND

- Date and time of ban? (Include Timezone): Near midnight December 30th Pacific time (-8:00 if that matters or helps)

- Which Staff member banned you? Cool or Keuen (did i spell that right?) not sure if any different ones were on, those were the two on that I know of.

- Why were you banned? Disrespect

- Were you previously jailed or muted?

(If yes, say why) Yes & yes, apparently I made a comment that was considered rude (jokingly asked if designing someones mega build as a penis from above would count as griefing), got frustrated a couple days prior because mods were growing increasingly dismissive (I felt) about an issue I decided to bring up, so i set a treehouse (that i did believe to be abandoned, though admittedly i have no way of truly knowing or proving that fact), was jailed for that one.

- Why should you be unbanned?

The server is fantastic: The community? Great; People?  great also(for the most part); The thought at work that's been put into the server? Phenomenal . I was muted for a reason that i found horribly unfair, for an amount of time that I also felt unfair. It's one thing to slap me with a 2 minute mute to prove a point, but a 10 minute mute was unjust and aggravating, especially when there was no conversation behind it.
The ban itself I feel was unneeded, I was asked a question by the mods, and was not given a chance to explain myself due to repeated interruptions from people not involved, whom i subsequently asked to leave it between me and the mods. If I offended Cool or Keuen (again not sure if that's spelled correctly) then I apologize to whomever or both, I was frustrated and I attempted to vent my frustrations in a way that would get the off my chest but not bring it up publicly, I had not planned to cause offence, but was not about to bottle it up either.

Additional Information:

I'm outspoken and brash, but I'm a critical thinker, and when I think something can be done or perhaps should be changed I bring it up, if people aren't up for a discussion then they simply need say so, or if it's something they have no control over, not assume that someone is trying to start an argument.

Also I sent an email to the info@sentinelcraft.net before I posted this, didn't know there was an appeals page on the forum, sorry about that.

I look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully continuing play.

MacLeezy

• King of Dragonsreach
    • View Profile
Re: Ban Appeal - CpTDiSNeYLaND
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 09:04:40 AM »
Ok thank you for appealing. However, we were up for listening to what you had to say, we asked for examples, you said stated your examples, we disagreed with what you had to say. We than told you to put your ideas on the forum multiple times, as none of us were admins, or had any power to change what you wanted changed.

It was only after you were being rude and 'dismissive' of people who were giving you constructive responses, because they were not staff,that you were muted. One (or more) of the mods felt it was you're constant retorts back at everything else, was the real reason for disruptions distracting you from reading what the mods were telling you (which was what everyone else was telling you as well). I'm pretty sure The length of the Mute is predetermined and 10 minutes is the standard. I'm sorry that you felt you were being attacked, but you were not. We all listened and told you how you can go about making a change.

Take it from someone who has gotten on the wrong side of the staff before, due to my natural passion and stubbornness: Don't beat a dead horse. things don't just change in a blink of an eye, you need to work with the people around you to get things done, don't ruffle too many feathers, and don't try to step on peoples toes.. you'll do a lot better with a more humble attitude.

:) ok I've said my piece. just be patient and let the admins deliberate.

Ellemenopeanuts

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 11:48:35 AM »
I think the logs are needed. Respect apparently has to be earned, after all. So, earn ours.

http://pastebin.com/3iaas7fg

Here's their signpost convo after being muted:

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 11:52:23 AM by Ellemenopeanuts »

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 04:37:51 PM »
You were correctly banned for disrespect.

Few things will get you instantly banned, Disrespecting my staff or the other players will.

That being said I spent the last hour reviewing the logs, You did ask people to please not involve themselves. And that should have been respected.
That does not excuse the sign, which is what this boils down to. Your sign got you banned.

Cool does a very difficult, thankless job with class and aplomb, You will NOT disrespect her. I dont care if you were "frustrated", I dont care if that just your "opinion". You are an adult, adults know how to exercise self control and discretion.

Your ban appeal is under review, You will have an answer within 7 days
-- Fedgar

CpTDiSNeYLaND

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 04:10:33 AM »
Much obliged, thank you for the update.

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 12:03:40 AM »
You have been unbanned.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

CpTDiSNeYLaND

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 12:04:10 AM »
Fantastic, thanks for the second chance!