Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: PermissionsEx- Plugin Request  (Read 8522 times)

gaintsftw

• Donator
  • Greetings!
    • View Profile
PermissionsEx- Plugin Request
« on: November 30, 2013, 03:44:42 AM »
The only way to protect an area is to establish a town. I want to have the area Im building in protected. But I dont want to establish a town. Plus it just doesnt make sense to make a town for the sole purpose to have an area protected. This plugin would work like a town protection would work just without the town. The giving of permissions could work like world edit. The player would request a permission and it would be look over by an admin or whoever is tasked with looking over the permission requests. It would be accepted or denied. Thats just my idea. Thanks for reading!

http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/permissionsex

xXCRYMINALXx

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: PermissionsEx- Plugin Request
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 04:10:14 AM »
I do not express the feelings of the entire staff with my post, so please read them as my own:

We could technically already do this solely with WorldEdit and WorldGuard, by defining a region and applying just one player to it. The issue with that is then the whole purpose of Towny is completely thrown out of the window. Also, when you'd want a friend to build with you, you'd need staff to come add/remove them and that can pull staff away from other players that might need some more dire help. With Towny you have complete control of who can build where, and to what extent. I understand that the price may be high and seem pointless if you're the only person in the town, but I was going to do that originally as well, before joining my current town. I wouldn't worry about your land not being protected either, I had been here since June 21st, and no one had touched my land, we have a very kind player base, as I sure you know. So grief isn't really that big a concern here. Thats just my two cents.

Kzaqul

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 07:12:42 AM »
Yea I Could Totally See Both Your Points, It Would Be Point Less To Add In More Plugins When We Already Have Them as xXCRYMINALXx Stated. I Like To Help Thats All I Like To Do. So If Your Ever Really In Need of Help Just Holler.

It Would Be Cool To Make Such Protected Areas, There Are Plugins Out There With Protect Radius Blocks, So That Could Be An Idea, Then You Could Personally Add or Remove People Your Self Rather Then One of The Admins Continuously Coming Over To Add People or Remove People For You.

-sincerely,
Your Friendly Moderator
DrakeAmaAiden

Varun aka eoyvideoteam

• SentinelCraft FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 04:00:10 PM »
Ditto to criyminal.
It is kind of throwing out the concept of towny, and if there were such a problem such as a grief, just give us a shout and we will gladly handle it :)

-Varun (eoyvideoteam)
I am an Indian. No, not native american, Indian. So get it straight.
                                                    --Varun

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 06:12:54 PM »
Hah, we have Pex gaint, if you guys are really interested we can look into the golden shovel plugin.

By 'we' I mean the interested party can make a post about it with all the links and whatnot and the staff can review it.
-- Fedgar

Kamikoize

• Server Idiot
  • Donator
  • 1 + 1 = 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 03:25:01 AM »
Hah, we have Pex gaint, if you guys are really interested we can look into the golden shovel plugin.

By 'we' I mean the interested party can make a post about it with all the links and whatnot and the staff can review it.
I absolutely hate the Golden Shovel plugin. I've always disliked that plugin, and I would rage if it was added to the server.
BIG THINGS GET PEOPLES ATTENTION!

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 05:09:01 PM »
Why do you dislike it? Can you give me a reason.
-- Fedgar

Kamikoize

• Server Idiot
  • Donator
  • 1 + 1 = 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 05:35:52 PM »
Why do you dislike it? Can you give me a reason.
I just never liked it. I found it frustrating to use and it confused me. I also don't see why this server would need the plugin. :/
BIG THINGS GET PEOPLES ATTENTION!

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 03:00:24 PM »
Lol that is not very descriptive nor constructive.

But apparently no one wants it since they have not spoken up so no big deal.
-- Fedgar

7thMuse

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 12:06:22 AM »
while it would cut down on the griefing, its use isn't user friendly and the time we would save on fixing griefs would be used to explain how to use the golden shovel thing.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 05:05:10 AM »
I see, have you used it then 7th? I figured it would be good for this server on principle. But I have no practical experience with using it.
-- Fedgar

7thMuse

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »
yea i've used it before, and i liked it in that situation, but i seemed to spend all my time explaining how to use it to newbies. but it did cut down on griefing once an area was "claimed"

Yeoldedogg

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 08:11:11 PM »
I've looked into Golden Shovel, personally I see it as a useful tool in the prevention of griefing...but so far on our server I've only seen 1 instance of Grief.  And nothing over the top like whole building leveled! 

Now as far as truly needing it I wouldnt' see it as a need.  But in case S*** hits the fan...could be a great thing to fall back on.

WazBlaz

• Don't Judge by mistakes. Give second chances
    • View Profile
    • ]HeLL[
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 10:22:26 PM »
Greif prevention ( the golden shovel plugin ) is good as it is possible to create towns with it. There are ways for players to set the claims into claims other people can buy. I do like the plugin as people can protect land on there own and add friends to there claim

By the way: there is no command to see a list of the towns or warp to the. WIth out seting a /warp etc.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.

Winston Churchill

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 10:47:45 PM »
By the way: there is no command to see a list of the towns or warp to the. WIth out seting a /warp etc.

What? I thought people had access to /town list
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.