Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Posting on staff matters  (Read 4286 times)

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
Posting on staff matters
« on: January 09, 2015, 03:53:47 PM »
Okay, so this is becoming a pervasive issue.

People posting on ban appeals / trouble reports/ ect

If you are not staff... you don't need to contribute your opinion. While I understand you might have one, and I am fine with that... If you need to vent, take it to the proper outlet. Or wait until the topic is done to ask your questions.
There has been a rash of people answering questions that they simply have no business answering. A few examples:

If someone posts with the wrong format for appeals/promotions... Let them. We have plenty of staff online 99% of the time. It will be corrected or laughed at depending on which way it goes.

unnecessary contributions about how you feel about someone breaking the rules... Just... no

Giving the wrong information about a proceedure or process on the server. This is especially problematic, since it then gives bad information that I have to go rout out.

I dont want to discourage people contributing, but try to find the line where your contribution ends, and where the staffs begin.
-- Fedgar

AbbyGymnastics

• Donator
  • Gone
    • View Profile
Re: Posting on staff matters
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 03:52:49 PM »
Lets say someone was applying for SM, Mod, or Admin, are we allowed to wish them luck? And if they get promoted may we say congrats?

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 05:21:40 PM »
I dont want to discourage people contributing, but try to find the line where your contribution ends, and where the staffs begin.

This last line says it all Abby. Wishing luck and congratulations are part of the member's contribution to the community.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 05:26:28 PM by The Carrot »

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 06:07:07 PM »
Yes, You can offer congrats, condolences, luck, ect. Also I dont mind people voiceing opinions on general topics. This refers to certain members that feel the need to answer questions directed at staff. Things of that nature.
-- Fedgar

AbbyGymnastics

• Donator
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 02:55:11 PM »
Yes, You can offer congrats, condolences, luck, ect. Also I dont mind people voiceing opinions on general topics. This refers to certain members that feel the need to answer questions directed at staff. Things of that nature.
Alright, just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help. (You too Paulina)

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.