Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Personal Banking System /  (Read 4856 times)

Yeoldedogg

• Donator
    • View Profile
Personal Banking System /
« on: December 05, 2013, 07:58:04 PM »
Now the other idea from me: Personal Banking system

I know that the only way to keep a minimal amount of money on you at all times is to deposit into your Town/Nation's bank.  But, you would need the Mayor active and online to retrieve funds as needed.  With no active Mayor, or ill times for your login, withdrawals would be impossible.

My idea, if possible to implement, would give each player a Personal Bank to deposit and withdrawal from.  Giving them instant access to their much needed funds.

Now I know most will say that the "%" used to calculate money lost would prevent a lot of money from exiting the game.  I say increase the "/Shop" costs for purchases and decrease the buy back prices.  This would generate and in and out flow that is a little more stable and prevents the stock piling of cash in the first place and would push more travel to other Towns/Villages/Nations for quick access to needed items/materials/goods.  Also, increasing the cost of TPing to other Villages/Towns/Nations from 20 to say 250 or greater.

Also, in lieu of Villagers, I suggest prohibiting the herding and localized breeding of Villagers for personal/Town/Village/Nation usage.  As this grants near free access to Tools/items and resources with little expenditure of funds.

llkhronic

• uhhh...i eat rock
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Banking System /
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 08:17:41 PM »
this a really good idea

Yeoldedogg

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 08:29:45 PM »
In reply and addition to my first posting of this thread:

If we are alowed to have villagers inside our towns...a limitation to the habitation of Villagers.  I say a max number of 5-10, if you want another villager kill one and breed for other items or materials.

Also and lastly, maybe a tax involved with personal bank deposits or withdrawals!  To keep from personal bankers continuously depositing and withdrawaling!

Chris9495

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 11:38:16 PM »
I do like the idea of a taxed(like 5% maybe?) personal bank to deposit and withdraw from.  I think prohibiting villagers is unnecessary being that it requires a lot of work to maintain, so much so that it is just as easy to get tools instead of trading.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 12:13:13 AM »
I will address these in order.

First. I have mulled over the idea of a personal bank. But really was never needed since death didn't cost. Now that it does it is time to revisit the idea.

If we added a bank. I would make it so you could only withdraw money in a certain "bank" type areas. ProbBly one at spawn. I would also make it so there was a withdrawal fee.
I also might consider giving the bank some sort of interest rate. Meaning if you don't withdraw your money with X amount of time. It earns money. Some such thing like that.

The withdrawal fee's would offset the amount lost I bet. So that's not really a problem.

The shop prices are pretty stable as is. There could be a few tweaks for sure... But over all I think they are fine. They leave plenty of room for competition. Which is what I wanted originally.

I haven't seen any major or even minor villager farms honestly.
-- Fedgar

Richgotya

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 09:37:48 AM »
i feel banking would totaly be unnecessary first of all towny would have issues grabing taxes then have to worry about all other eco plugins like death back ect causing issues if u want to set money aside u can do it in trade signs... make signs that hold various amounts of money and break as needed,,,

Yeoldedogg

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 06:21:24 AM »
Interesting thought Rich.  Never thought of storing it in signs.

Hope this thread gets some more ideas and thoughts floating around.

FatherTimeKeeper

• Donator
  • Nos_Austrian_Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 05:01:08 AM »
i just keep a chest full of lapis and gold bars lol.

never thought of using the trade sign. thats a good idea

Debu

• Laziness is a gift, a boon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 08:46:06 AM »
Trade signs wat? Little help here :(
--Debu
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Ellemenopeanuts

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 12:09:46 PM »
Go to /tutorial in game and read the part on shop signs.

Yeoldedogg

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 04:25:44 PM »
Trade signs wat? Little help here :(

Its a bit complicated at first and took me some time to understand it fully.  But If anyone needs me to walk them through creating Sell/Buy signs I can.