Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: A Small Yet Infinitely Expandable Means of Storage [Minecraft Contraption]  (Read 6779 times)

superkittyminer

• View Profile
I found this small yet useful contraption when watching videos on YouTube. It basically allows you to have more storage for items without going and occupying more space with your storage (Ideal mostly for items that you end up with an overabundance of but still want to horde for whatever reason).

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3iZLtsLf5I

Despite using minecart chests this is still a very cheap-to-expand contraption, with every expansion giving you 27 more slots to store things in at a cost of only 5 iron ingots, 2 logs, and no space. I plan on using this for the metric tons of string and spider eyes my current grinder is giving me.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
Re: A Small Yet Infinitely Expandable Means of Storage [Minecraft Contraption]
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 05:06:56 AM »
Nice I will create a new category for this kind of things and move this there in the morning
-- Fedgar

Meteora

• Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 07:10:09 AM »
Wow, pretty useful! :)
Hear my howl, feel my steel,
My objection is clear, My objective - near,
To take your crown, to burn your place,
There's no room for you in my palace

Richgotya

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 03:11:41 PM »
this is horrid large scale each cart is an entity + protecting entities isn't something you can do out of a town so use at your own risk i love this idea tho =[

and when i say large scale i have like 150 double chests of stones so i would need 300 enitys just for that - be alot of lag when i need to expand + other items ect

superkittyminer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 09:18:17 PM »
It's not exactly intended to be used for THAT much storage. If you are at the point where a large quantity of minecart chests like that would be necessary for any sort of item, I would recommend actually using those items to achieve something or give them away to someone else who will use them to achieve something.

If you're THAT paranoid about people stealing from this sort of thing (joke's on them, they just took a ton of what is likely to be a cheap and abundant resource that to you should be able to easily replenish) then surround the thing in blocks and use signs to ensure that no one can even break in and access the minecart chests, let alone destroy them.

Also, I posted this in the "Everything Else" section for a specific reason. It's not really intended for the server but for MC gameplay in general. If it were server specific, I'd post it in a server specific section.

Lag can certainly be an issue so I am going to assume that people are smart enough to know what is and isn't reasonable with using this. I just posted the idea. If someone abuses it, the damage they do is their fault, not mine.

Insakna

• Eat Hotdogs
    • View Profile
    • Greenhole Games
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 09:10:51 PM »
I don't get how it gives extra...
Hotdogs. Just Hotdogs.

Richgotya

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 09:19:30 PM »
u can glitch place carts in same block - so 50 chest carts in same spot connected to hoppers would save space as apposed to 25 double chests (plus it auto feeds into 1 source for easy gabbing)

Kamikoize

• Server Idiot
  • Donator
  • 1 + 1 = 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 01:20:27 AM »
This is a really cool invention, thanks for showing me it, Super.
BIG THINGS GET PEOPLES ATTENTION!