Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Emerald city  (Read 4127 times)

roadkill919

• View Profile
Emerald city
« on: February 07, 2015, 11:23:54 AM »
EmeraldCity
Ok so you guys that have been here for a while will know that EmeraldCity a once prominent town fell to a state of inactivity quite some time ago when its owner CodeGeass left the server. i've been monitoring the town for a while and i must say it is a rather nice, good looking town. with 168 claimed plots the town still has enough funds in its bank to stay standing for 816 days straight.

however... this is not without an active mayor and seeing as the town is currently manned by a single lone player that has currently been inactive for 11 days i fear he too may fall into a state of inactivity.

this town is a wonderful town and as such, in case this lone survivor of emeraldcity does fall to inactivity i would like to see if we can as a server find a way to preserve this town. As to how we achieve this i do not know and i hoped we could decide this together, any ideas as to how we could preserver the nature, beauty and memories of this town is much appreciated.

[Possible ideas]

(this list will be updated with ideas as to how to preserve the town) in a couple of days i hope to have found a way and to start making a push to achieving it.

-Warp sign (to EmeraldCity, from dedicated town remembrance statue/building/place)

-

-

-

-
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:02:13 PM by Roadkill919 »

MacLeezy

• King of Dragonsreach
    • View Profile
Re: Emerald city
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 11:41:35 AM »
Wilderness builds (including fallen towns), are protected by server law. However you can do your part by frequenting the town regularly, Checking for grief and reporting it. :)

roadkill919

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 12:00:15 PM »
i don't mean in regards to grief, but once the town has fallen there will be no such thing as /t spawn EmeraldCity. how do we get there then? i'm thinking about starting up a warp room in my town for abandoned/fallen towns to be commemorated in.

MacLeezy

• King of Dragonsreach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 07:38:26 PM »
Triune Has a few Fallen towns and we still use the warp signs to visit the towns on occasion. If there isn't one already set up you could ask.. however that could be Counter productive, as many people who didn't have access, now have access to grief when it falls. Perhaps the owner doesn't want public access to their town, and it might be best to get their permission. I don't know what the rules are to warp signs, but its likely you arent allowed to just put warp signs in peoples property without them knowing. It would suck for someone if they wanted to toggle public off, but somebody created public access without their knowledge. :(

Not trying to rain on your parade, I just feel like it could create unnecessary issues.. but hey its not my call.

roadkill919

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 11:58:44 PM »
Triune Has a few Fallen towns and we still use the warp signs to visit the towns on occasion. If there isn't one already set up you could ask.. however that could be Counter productive, as many people who didn't have access, now have access to grief when it falls. Perhaps the owner doesn't want public access to their town, and it might be best to get their permission. I don't know what the rules are to warp signs, but its likely you arent allowed to just put warp signs in peoples property without them knowing. It would suck for someone if they wanted to toggle public off, but somebody created public access without their knowledge. :(

Not trying to rain on your parade, I just feel like it could create unnecessary issues.. but hey its not my call.

i fully understand where your coming from in saying that and that's why i haven't placed a warp sign there yet and i fear the 1 remaining resident of EmeraldCity is going inactive (11 days of inactivity) so i don't think i'll really be able to "ask" him/her.

also i don't feel public access is a problem that the mayor worries about seeing as the town still has shops that are stocked and the town spawn set to public.

but regardless i have avoided placing a warp sign there until i can find a compromise that gives the best of both sides.

ElementalOG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 12:24:05 AM »
Lol this was like me trying to revive epsilon :P

MacLeezy

• King of Dragonsreach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 12:37:04 AM »
hmm is the town Invite only or is it public? It could be possible, that active residents show up.. even so, 11 days isn't really that long tbh sometimes people get busy with school or other life things, the mayor could easily still come back.

roadkill919

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 01:22:00 AM »
hmm is the town Invite only or is it public? It could be possible, that active residents show up.. even so, 11 days isn't really that long tbh sometimes people get busy with school or other life things, the mayor could easily still come back.

i know he could still easily come back but i havn't seen much of the mayor and i want to start planning early, waiting untill say 27 days of inactivity is too late really to be able to take any course of action.

c0d3br3ak3r

• I am Ziltoid the Omniscient!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 03:28:31 AM »
Instead of doing a warp sign to it, why not make a place to warp to, somewhere in between close and far, and tell which direction it is, to people who are trusted. It wont prevent all griefers, but most at least.

They call me Mr Knowitall. I will not compromise. I will not be told what to do. I will not step aside.

roadkill919

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 12:09:11 PM »
:( on the final days of completing my memorial building where the warp's were to be placed. both the two towns i had in mind: Wazzar's town -Overkill & Codegeass's town -Emerald have both recently fallen. i know roughly where Wazzar's town was and may be able to revive it however as for emerald i am clueless.