Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Poll

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Opinions?  (Read 3634 times)

roadkill919

• View Profile
Opinions?
« on: February 20, 2015, 01:00:42 PM »
What do you think? i had an interesting conversation and encounter with the broad side of an axe today and its got me honestly considering whether enchanted axe's with high MCMMO skills are truly OverPowered.

so what do you think? with a high MCmmo level for axes do axe's become OverPowered?

this mostly stems from an incident today where a sharp V axe with roughly a skill level of 150 would 1 shot an unarmoured target. something that is almost a guaranteed 2-3 shots with my sharp V sword of which it has a skill level of roughly 150 aswell.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:04:25 PM by Roadkill919 »

Devereux

• Not Shadow
  • Livin' like Larry!
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 01:58:55 PM »
Yes, I agree. Swords are meant to be combat weapons.

SnapPvP

• BOOM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 02:03:47 PM »
Lol dat last one..

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 03:13:33 PM »
Swords, axes and archery have different advantages. I don't see how axes are "op" when a diamond sword, at the same McMMO level, does more damage and has a strong skill (Serrated Strikes).

Our configuration is done so that every skill is equally balanced between eachother, it was carefully set up so as your skill grows up so it would still be fair and balanced. However we already found some mistakes in the past which were fixed immediatelly, I don't see this axe thing as a mistake or something overpowered though =/.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

ninja5132

• Server Eye Candy
  • Donator
  • Migas is not mean :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 04:41:07 PM »
Axe is considered overpowered because players use axes in minigames or for hunting heads, so generally players have a higher axes skill.

SnapPvP

• BOOM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 05:17:09 PM »
And it does more damage to armor than sword. But sword has bleeding effect so I don't see why axes are op.

Chris9495

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 10:05:23 PM »
So, yes axes deal more damage at higher levels.  So its good against mobs or other players with low skills.  But swords have counter, and while not as much damage as axes, if someone is attacking me with a high level axe skill, I'd much rather have a high sword skill.  In short, axes are better against noobs, swords are better against no-lifes. :P

abehaw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 12:12:45 AM »
you guys also have to consider the knock back + damage axes do when explosions happen. knock back on the other hand is only found in enchanted swords. and yes he might give you serrated strikes but while that gets you life to 1 heart you would have already killed him with skull splitter mcmmo level also plays a chance in this.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 12:15:29 AM by abehaw »
if u are looking for me I'm probably fishing at vainilla_love or killing pigmens. to complete ur goals-----> keep on trying!!!!!!!

Richgotya

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 12:27:47 AM »
they are fairly balanced me and migas were the ones who tested balanced and nerfed them it comes down to skill of the person mcmmo lvl plays little into it you forget swords have the block ability for half dmg this makes swords WAY OP along with bleed

that being said axes dmg armor so in longer fights where the player is healing Axes are ideal to break there armor

i tend to go back n forth bleed then finish off with an axe unless i dont care about a head

bleed and fire is nasty

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 03:25:50 PM »
Dont forget unarmed.

The enemy cannot kill you with an axe... if you steal it from them.

The balances were calculated out very meticulously to be as even as possible. There are some random factors such as bleed damage/length Fire damage/length, Critical hits, ect. But that is part of the fun. All 4 combat skills are meant to have specific advantages and disadvantages.
-- Fedgar