Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: New Baya Buildings  (Read 2245 times)

Cheftastic

• View Profile
New Baya Buildings
« on: July 02, 2015, 05:56:17 AM »
Hello! For those that don't know, I recently joined the server and have spent well over 50% of my time on it. In that time, I have done nothing but gather resources so that I can begin building my town, New Baya. I don't consider myself a great builder, but I think my work is good enough to share on the forums. I'm making this thread to house all the pictures of my builds, and I'll try to add at least one a day. Any criticism is welcome, as long as it is constructive. Suggestions for buildings and improvements are also welcome :)

All pictures will be in the default texture pack

First House:

The house itself plus the neighboring tree and swing

A view showing the garden attached to the house

A view that shows the pond

This is the interior of the first floor. Very cramped but functional. Thinking of adding some item frames or paintings

The second story. Still very small, but has a nice desk and some reading material :)

Crescent Harbor + Lighthouse

An overview of the harbor (named due to its shape if you didn't notice). The stone outlines are future buildings that I will be adding, but they will not be part of the 'harbor'. There is only 1 ship as of now, but more will be added in the future as their own builds.

a view of the Lighthouse. This was the most time-consuming part of the build. I tore it down twice before I was happy with it.

Top of the Lighthouse

A view of the harbor + ship from the lighthouse

Harbor View #1

Harbor View #2

Harbor View #3

The little boat, sorry for the lighting :(

As more is added to the area, I will update the post.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:16:27 AM by Cheftastic »

Shay

• Donator
  • Its better to try and fail, than fail to try!
    • View Profile
Re: New Baya Buildings
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 06:01:27 AM »
Very nice, maybe make it a bit bigger? But i like it!
I believe success is earned by failure, one who has never failed, has never tried <3
الفشل يؤدي إلى النجاح!

Jalapeno690

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 02:09:01 PM »
Looks great man!! Small but very functional
Jalapeno enjoys long romantic walks around "TheBridge" whilst discussing business

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 04:57:09 PM »
Its good, but it does need to be larger. Think of it this way, you are building with pixels right? The more pixels you have the better the resolution. Same applies, you want to find that happy medium between small enough to make things look to scale, and large enough you have the resolution you can make natural-ish looking curves
-- Fedgar

Cheftastic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 05:45:28 PM »
I built the house small so that if I didn't like it it wouldn't be hard to tear down. Future houses will be much larger. The next addition to the town should be up in a few hours

New build is up in the OP
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:18:19 AM by Cheftastic »