Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: GPU issues lol  (Read 2536 times)

FatherTimeKeeper

• Donator
  • Nos_Austrian_Empire
    • View Profile
GPU issues lol
« on: July 15, 2015, 06:58:59 AM »
Right so, back story, i am slowly moving from my desktop back to my laptop unit, and i recently discovered when re installing minecraft that i had a problem with MC 1.8 apparently the old Intel 965 chip set is unsupported?

More to the point can be read here for the tech's out there who knows what it means,
http://hopper.minecraft.net/help/references/intel-4-series-chipsets/

Essentially when running version higher then 1.7.2 it crash's However knowing how resourceful our player base is i thought i would ask here if anyone else who has encountered this problem has a fix for it?

i thought about trying a different driver, i know how to install them but don't really know where to start as far as what drivers to try and Google has about bottomed out with how helpful it is. My T-Series Fujitsu Lifebook is hardly a old or unreliable machine, just not so much built for modern gaming lol

Thanks in advance to anyone whos got helpful advice,

System specs are :
Fujitsu Lifebook T Series with dual core CPU 1.2 Ghz
2GB ram 180GB sata HD
all the bells and whistles as far as assessorys slots (including pen & Chip reader, finger print scanner, and Sim card slot :D
A Semi broken S key, and a partially melted return key
and a extended life aftermarket battery. (7 hours runtime XD)
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit CrackerJack Edition

Maybe we need a thread for people to showoff there systems on ...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:03:42 AM by FatherTimeKeeper »

RNTenant

• View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: GPU issues lol
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 07:13:08 AM »
   Hello FatherTimeKeeper. This is SuperSonic14045 speaking. I once had a problem similar to yours: I wasn't able to play Minecraft 1.8 or higher.

Apparently, Minecraft 1.8 uses a higher definition texture atlas(512 x 512 if I am not wrong); if you keep the launcher open, you can compare that with 1.7's texture atlas, which is only 256 x 256.
   What I did: I updated my GPU driver. Since neither Acer support provided its latest version(I have an Acer Aspire 1650) neither ATI exists anymore, I had to Google for the latest driver.
   What you should do: go to your laptop provider's support website or either to Intel Support. If you take the first option, find the drivers for your laptop model; if you take the second option, search for the exact GPU name.

Hopefully I was of good help :D

EDIT: I have only seen the attached topic now and the news are...quite sad. As it says, if this doesn't work, you might need another computer to play.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:16:23 AM by SuperSonic14045 »

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 07:59:04 PM »
Send me a message on skype later tonight, I will try and help
-- Fedgar

FatherTimeKeeper

• Donator
  • Nos_Austrian_Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 12:07:18 AM »
Yeah it seems thats pretty much my only option, iv been browsing for a used laptop that has a compatible GPu in it, the drivers for my Intel Express (965) chipset are fully up to date but they are also the effected drivers. Iv been searching the OSX86 forums for answers as many of those people have experience modifying Drivers to work with non supported hardware,

At this point i can either get another laptop (osolely for gaming)
or
i might yet get lucky and be able to grab a driver someone made work from another system  and trick my card into working lol

at least i have a bit of time, im still using my desktop for the time being,

Thanks for the help, i appreciate the replys.