Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Citizens  (Read 2793 times)

TheBob427

• View Profile
Citizens
« on: August 30, 2015, 02:18:19 PM »
Hello.

Bob here.

I would like to suggest the plugin Citizens (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/citizens/) which adds the ability to add NPCs through commands.

Citizens uses pre-existing models for the NPCs (such as human, dog, zombie, etc.), and appears to have similar functionality to Noppes' CustomNPCs mod (that is, allowing NPCs to walk around, talk to players, and engage in combat with enemies).

At the moment, the plugin is only compatible with 1.8 in a dev version, so it would be up to the staff as to whether or not they are comfortable with that.

As for how it could be used on the server, it could be used at spawn or warps for more flavour, and perhaps as guards for such zones as well. Also, possibly they could be added to towns as well (with staff supervision, of course). All this however is just some ideas I had, how the staff decide to use NPCs is up to them.

Discuss!

HvPanda

• HvJoeri
  • Donator
  • Start the day with a smile.
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Re: Citizens
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »
I googled the plugin and this is what I got.

A mod that let you make people, mobs and animals. That are robots...

First why would u have that as a friend :S? I prefer real players.
You can spawn cats with 10 fish so if you wanna be that crazy cat women get some fish.
You can get mobs at the /shop.

I don't like the plugin.
Market
<a href="https://discord.gg/SpFtGavvQr">
Shops & Mobs

TheBob427

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 03:14:33 PM »
I could very well be wrong, but do the mobs you buy at the shop behave the same way as the same mob when found in the wilderness? Or do they allow customization? Also, I think NPCs might make some areas feel more populated. Perhaps you could have a shopkeeper in the local shoppe, a barkeep in the local tavern, as well as some unruly folks at the corner table that are a bit too loud, etc.

I suppose I just like the idea of more...ummm...(I already said flavour)...ambience in the world/towns

Novensides

• memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 08:37:16 PM »
Sounds like villagers but without them moving all the time. Otherwise i'd use villagers to populate things like shops.
The human eye only sees at 30fps

TheBob427

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 02:04:54 PM »
They are, essentially, much more customizable and in-depth villagers. These ones aren't restricted to just villagers though, and can be different models, as well as have different roles (such as Denizens, Sentries, Traders...)