Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Towny Upkeep And Player's Inactivity will be back to normal soon!  (Read 9819 times)

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
Towny Upkeep And Player's Inactivity will be back to normal soon!
« on: September 19, 2015, 11:34:05 PM »
Towny Upkeep And Player's Inactivity!

As some of you may know, the money in your town banks hasn't been going down due to having $0 in upkeep. Also you may have players in your town that haven't played on the server for months. All of that of that is going to be changed because it was used to prevent players from losing their towns and buildings while we updated to 1.8.

Starting September 24, those aspects will be changed. This is what you need to know about these changes:
 - Town upkeep will go back to being $2 per plot claimed;
 - People will be considered inactive after 30 days without joining the server.

If you have any questions or issues related to this, make sure to tell us.

Also, if you need help with towny, you can always check SentinelCraft's Towny Guide!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:36:37 PM by Migas »
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

Pr0xinity

• Donator
  • Ayy lmao
    • View Profile
Re: Towny Upkeep And Player's Inactivity will be back to normal soon!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 05:03:17 AM »
I have to say, you guys are doing really great to restore everything! Nice that it got upkeep though. Now I have a good argument why I'll have small taxes :D
Love asked death, "Why do people like me, but hate you?"
Death replied "Because you are the beautiful lie, and I'm the ugly truth."

Novensides

• memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 07:04:55 AM »
No argument is a good argument for oppressive capitalist taxes.
The human eye only sees at 30fps

HvPanda

• HvJoeri
  • Donator
  • Start the day with a smile.
    • View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 07:36:41 AM »
bye money   :'(
Market
<a href="https://discord.gg/SpFtGavvQr">
Shops & Mobs

RNTenant

• View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 01:24:55 PM »
   Hello SentinelCraft (Senior) Members, Moderators and Administrators. This is SuperSonic14045 speaking.

As I have said before and also as Pr0xinity is saying, seeing more and more features returning is amazing. I will also take this oportunity to clear some doubts about taxes:
       1st: Can you set a certain tax for a certain kind of plot(i.e. residential, shop, embassy) or do you have to set a tax for every plot single-handedly?
       2nd: Are plots that are not owned by anyone also included in the town upkeep payment?
       3rd: At what time do tax and town upkeep payments take place?

Migas

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 01:37:27 PM »

1st: Can you set a certain tax for a certain kind of plot(i.e. residential, shop, embassy) or do you have to set a tax for every plot single-handedly?
Yes, for shops and embassies.

2nd: Are plots that are not owned by anyone also included in the town upkeep payment?
Yes.

3rd: At what time do tax and town upkeep payments take place?
It's once per real life day, around 5pm GMT.

gfrung4

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 01:54:20 AM »
Just a quick clarification.  What exactly happens to "inactive" players?  Are they simply removed from the town?  Are the plots they own returned to the town to be resold?

I know in the rules it says "You may not sell off a citizens plot due to inactivity until two weeks have passed." (source)  Two weeks is not 30 days, so there must be a difference between these two time-frames.

Is it that I, as a mayor, have the option to kick people out after two weeks of inactivity (per the rules), but the server won't automatically drop them from the town until after 30 days?  Or do I have something wrong here?

I didn't actually have my town for a whole month before the 1.8 update occurred, so I never had this happen.

I'd appreciate clarification on how that all works.

Thanks!
gfrung4

Migas

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 02:23:18 AM »
The two weeks rule is an old one that was updated in the ingame rules a long time ago. Apparently we missed to update that on the forums' version. It will be fixed as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 02:24:58 AM by Migas »

gfrung4

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 02:38:47 AM »
Thanks!  But I was really interested in the player's being removed from the town's member list by the server part.

I have only two members in my town that aren't me.  Both haven't played in months.  One is my friend who I know IRL, who hasn't played Minecraft at all in a while, and the other is my roommate from last year, who I don't even talk to anymore.

It is currently unclear to me if this means that the server will remove players from my town automatically after one month of them not logging in, reducing my town-block allowance by 16 per player.

I currently have 10 town-blocks available to claim.  If this is the case, and those two people are dropped from the member list, I'd have -22 town-blocks left (since I am currently getting 32 town-blocks from their membership).  I am worried that, on the 24th of September, my town-block count will go negative causing Towny to "choose" 22 town blocks in my town to unclaim.

If this is the case, I can easily purchase the requisite extra town-blocks for just over $10k, which I have on hand if needed.

Do I need to do this to protect my town?

(Note that I had no intention of leaving these two people on my town forever.  I intend to open my town very soon and hopefully get a bunch of active members to make it awesome!  I just don't want this setback to happen before I get a chance to open it, which will likely be happening very soon.)

Thanks again,
gfrung4

Eagler1997

• Lord of the lions
  • Donator
  • Becoming a warrior is not a simple task.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 06:21:42 AM »
You don't need to worry. Losing players won't result in auto unclaim. Lionmart has 305 plots of 200 available.

Migas

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 08:05:30 AM »
Yes. And to answer your question, they will be kicked automatically after one month.

HvPanda

• HvJoeri
  • Donator
  • Start the day with a smile.
    • View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 02:49:00 PM »
How do u disable it I wanna keep my 150 town members :(
Market
<a href="https://discord.gg/SpFtGavvQr">
Shops & Mobs

gfrung4

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 04:35:24 PM »
Thanks for all the help!

Just a thought: You mention that this will be returning to "normal", so I assume this is the way it's always been except for the past few months.  Obviously I wasn't on for a whole month before the 1.8 update, so I don't have any reference to what "normal" is.  Perhaps this could be put in the Towny guide?  Right now it's just a list of commands, maybe add something like:

Town memers that do not log in for one month will be considered inactive and removed from a town's member list.  This will cause any plots they have claimed will be returned to the town, and the town's town-block allowance will be reduced by 16.

NOTE: If a player being removed from the town causes the town to have claimed more town-blocks than their allowance, Towny will not automatically unclaim any town-blocks.  The town will simply have more town-blocks claimed than they are allowed until they acquire more members.

I think adding this to the Towny guide would be helpful, as it was not immediately obvious how this all works.

Thanks again,
gfrung4
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 04:06:43 PM by gfrung4 »

Migas

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 04:37:59 PM »
I don't think it's needed, You get to know it with experience and if they have doubts, they can just ask in-game.

Xander27926

• The Dude
  • Donator
  • Frankly my dear, I dont give a damn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 05:05:58 PM »
Hvjoeri~
"How do u disable it I want to keep my 150 town members"

ofcorse  you do. after 30 day your going to have like 30. lol