Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Holiday Traditions?  (Read 4567 times)

ninja5132

• Server Eye Candy
  • Donator
  • Migas is not mean :)
    • View Profile
Holiday Traditions?
« on: December 09, 2015, 07:22:15 PM »
The server is down, but don't worry, Super Fedgar is on it. In the meantime, I thought it'd be fun if people discussed any holiday traditions they have with their family or friends. Maybe any cool holiday memories?

For Instance: Last year, my family and I spent Christmas Eve building the lego death star and eating Chinese food.

HvPanda

• HvJoeri
  • Donator
  • Start the day with a smile.
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Re: Holiday Traditions?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 07:38:21 PM »
So A year ago, when I was younger everybody brought 3 presents to our family dinner, something nice, something funny and something delicious.
We played a game with the dice so u switch presents. When u roll 1 you can open a present, when u roll 2 you must switch it with your neighbour, 3 you place it back, 4 you can pick a present, 5 you give a present to somebody and 6 something something. Fun to play, sometimes I got something awesome and sometimes I got sprouts.
Market
<a href="https://discord.gg/SpFtGavvQr">
Shops & Mobs

BlacksVelvet

• Donator
  • Patience is a virtue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 08:28:52 PM »
My family doesn't really celebrate the holidays as enthusiastically anymore, but I wish we did.

I have fond memories of sitting in the dinning room as a kid, making paper snowflakes from all the excess wrapping paper after opening presents. We'd have competitions to see who could make the prettiest snowflakes, and then we would write our wishes for the future on the best ones, fold them up, and burn them in the fireplace for good luck.
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.

Fjerreiro

• Emperor of Incendium
  • Donator
  • ~Lex Talionis~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 10:00:49 PM »
My family doesn't really celebrate the holidays as enthusiastically anymore, but I wish we did.

I have fond memories of sitting in the dinning room as a kid, making paper snowflakes from all the excess wrapping paper after opening presents. We'd have competitions to see who could make the prettiest snowflakes, and then we would write our wishes for the future on the best ones, fold them up, and burn them in the fireplace for good luck.
That acutally sounds very nice indeed :D

Normally I go to my grandparents on christmas eve and we dine together and give presents, and on christmas day I brunch with my mother's side of the family. Then on boxing day (which is actually called '2nd christmas day' here) I just have a relaxed day at home with my family, maybe watch some movies and of course eat a lot in the evening as well.

So basically a whole lot of eating.. xD

Sinafay_

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 10:34:29 PM »
I have a very small family (Mother, Step Dad, Sister, and Myself). My sister doesn't live with us so It's just me and my parents on Christmas. Usually we'll eat breakfast with each other and watch A Christmas Story or Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, then open presents with each other and talk for a bit. After that I'm free to do whatever I want until dinner then we all eat with each other. That's pretty much the run of the mill Christmas in my house.

krxsk

• Somewhat Photographer
  • Donator
  • Formerly CatchingCrowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 11:06:24 PM »
Ever since I could remember, my family hasn't celebrated Christmas as enthusiastically as we used to ever since my parents had separated when I was about 8-9 years old. The last few Christmas's have just been my brother, step mother, father, and I open on gift on Christmas Eve, then opening the rest that same morning. My brother and I have just recently started our own little tradition where him and I decorate our own mini tree that we keep in my room.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 11:11:56 PM »
I typically work on Christmas, it is better that way. If I am working than one of my coworkers doesn't have to.
-- Fedgar

coolheartedepic

• The Beef Master
  • Donator
  • I am le beef master. I have all the delicious beef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 11:51:28 PM »
Every year we HAVE to watch Polar Express as a family and have hot coco. On Christmas Eve we stay up until 1 am Christmas Day and we open our presents at midnight. On Christmas Day or the next day we go see a movie in theaters. We're seeing Star Wars in theaters this year :)
BEEF IS LIFE

jones911

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 12:08:47 AM »
The wife and I have two kids. Two boys...their ages are 9 and 3. Our holidays tend to revolve around ideas to get the kids in the spirit of the holidays. For the last 8 years, we do what is called Elf on a Shelf. Per tradition...my wife and I take turns coming up with "Unique" situations in which the kids find the elf every morning. The kids found the elf this morning...I taped a lego spiderman to my shelf, took some clear string, and attached the Elf to the string hanging upside down. In elfie's hand, was a fake naughty list with my children' names...thankfully lego spiderman was able to apprehend Elf before he passed this letter on to Santa.

Anyways; Elf on a shelf has become a tradition within our home....the wife and I always trying to outdo the other....fun times   :  )

ninja5132

• Server Eye Candy
  • Donator
  • Migas is not mean :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 02:04:42 AM »
The wife and I have two kids. Two boys...their ages are 9 and 3. Our holidays tend to revolve around ideas to get the kids in the spirit of the holidays. For the last 8 years, we do what is called Elf on a Shelf. Per tradition...my wife and I take turns coming up with "Unique" situations in which the kids find the elf every morning. The kids found the elf this morning...I taped a lego spiderman to my shelf, took some clear string, and attached the Elf to the string hanging upside down. In elfie's hand, was a fake naughty list with my children' names...thankfully lego spiderman was able to apprehend Elf before he passed this letter on to Santa.

Anyways; Elf on a shelf has become a tradition within our home....the wife and I always trying to outdo the other....fun times   :  )

My mom found us a Mensch on a Bench for Hanukkah so we all hide it in weird places, especially ones that piss my dad off.

BlacksVelvet

• Donator
  • Patience is a virtue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 03:53:28 AM »
I typically work on Christmas, it is better that way. If I am working than one of my coworkers doesn't have to.
That's such a selfless thing to do. I salute you.

Every year we HAVE to watch Polar Express as a family and have hot coco.
Edward Scissorhands seems to be the go-to festive film in my house. I have no idea why.
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.