Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Football Game in Survival!  (Read 1583 times)

calvinpijn

• Donator
    • View Profile
Football Game in Survival!
« on: January 21, 2016, 10:41:25 PM »
Football Board Game:

Hi everyone! :)

I created a football board (mini)game that is played with wool (The players) and a quartz slab (the ball). I designed it on flat but I will build it in Intrepidum , so everyone will be able to play it soon.

So this is how it works:
You choose a colour for your teamkit(6 pieces of wool) and another colour for your goalkeeper's kit.(1 piece of wool)
(In total 4 colours are gonna be chosen, and it isn't possible to pick one of the colours two times, because otherwise you can't see the difference). So, It's 6vs6 football. (Goalkeepers don't count)

Get started:
Place the piece of goalkeeper wool at the goal line in the middle.
Place the other 6 pieces of wool on your side of the field. You have to make a row of defenders,midfielders and attackers.
You have to place at least ONE piece of wool in every line. So you could set it up as 4-1-1, 3-1-2, 3-2-1, 2-3-1, whatever. It's up to you :D. (People with knowledge of football will understand this)

To decide which side will start the game, I put two dispensers working as dices (one for each side) with items named 1,2,3,4,5,6. The player with the highest 'throw' will start the game and can kick-off! Don't forget to put the items back in the dispenser for your throws in the game!

Playing:
You can move your players by rolling the dice. (Dispensers) If you throw 3, you can move your player 3 places etc. If you throw 6, you can throw another time. You can move every direction but diagonally is NOT allowed. For moving the ball the rules are the same. (Note: you can only move(pass) the ball if you have POSESSION. Otherwise you can only move your woolpieces to defend.
If two pieces of wool of both players are NEXT to the ball, there will be a duel. Both of the players have to roll the dice then. The one who throws the highest amount wins the duel and can continue. You have to throw again to move, so what you rolled on the duel doesn't count after the duel.

If you have the ball, it's possible to turn(like in real football) you can place the ball in all directions from a player in a possesion, but this will count as 1 move.

It's also possible to make combinations: for example if you throw 5... You can the pass the ball to a playerwho is 2 blocks away. That player can walk 3 steps to complete the 5.

If you decide to move only 3 instead of 5 (for example to get in a duel with an attacker to defend) you will lose your remaining two steps. (Rather if you win or lose the duel)

Scoring:
You can try to score if you roll enough to let the quartz slab(ball) make pass the goal line. So if you have to throw 4 to let it get after the goal line , and you throw 5 it's also enough. BUT: There is the goalkeeper. Only if the attacking team will roll enough to score, there will be a duel with the goalkeeper. This works like a regular duel. The one who rolls the highest will win the duel. If the attacking team wins, you scored! If the goalkeeper wins, it'll be a goalkick for the other side, and you lost your chance and posession.
If any of the teams scores, make sure to place all pieces of wool back in their starting positions.

Duration:
There is no duration for this game yet.
I tested this with Fjerreiro, and in one hour of playing, Fjer was winning 2-0. In only 5 minutes I scored twice and came back to 2-2. This makes the game interesting, haha.

Tactics:
The way you place your wool can be important for the game. You will need a bit of luck with the dice, but you can have influence to move your players and the ball in the right way!

Let me know what your thoughts are, and I invite you all to test it if you see me online :D! Feel free to ask me if you don't understand or miss something in/about the rules.

- Calvin

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 08:55:25 AM by calvinpijn »

Devereux

• Not Shadow
  • Livin' like Larry!
    • View Profile
Re: Football Game in Survival!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 07:05:00 AM »
Awesome. Luck-Strategy game.

NeonLove

• Donator
  • Post Haec Verba, "After these words"
    • View Profile
Re: Football Game in Survival!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 07:48:30 AM »
This new game sounds exciting and I cannot wait to try it sometime.