Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: What does your PCs look like?  (Read 30559 times)

Dankshadow1001

• Donator
  • R.I.P Lionmart
    • View Profile
What does your PCs look like?
« on: March 02, 2016, 10:02:02 PM »
So i figured that hey, why not have a topic dedicated to the machines used to put us all on this server? I figured it may be interesting to see what people use. I left some images of my mess of a PC below. Feel free to leave specs if u'd like to. Now because my phone is very weird,i had to upload my images to imgur: http://m.imgur.com/3WRZpHV,oGdQYIu

Peckun

• Donator
  • Dont be afraid of failing, Be afraid on giving up.
    • View Profile
Re: What does your PCs look like?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 12:56:54 AM »
I hav a pink(dont judge im not picky) laptop that is capable of running mc for 90 frames at full detail,  but thats about it..
Replace these clouds above with a shining sky.

ant101er

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 02:07:48 AM »
i have an acer aspire e 15 laptop :)

Jzargo

• #smokesk00maeveryday
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 08:53:42 AM »
I have a generic Packard Bell case that came with a prebuilt PC loong ago, and because my first PC was on a pretty tight budget, I got me a Pentium G3258 and a GTX 750 Ti. Both served me very well until the poor 750 died after a year and something of usage (not buying Palit again). Now saving for an actual gaming PC with a Zalman Z3+ case, i3 6100 and GTX 960 (4 GB). Going to pair it with a Z170 MOBO, because now those allow BCLK overclocking (i3 6100s have been pushed beyond 4.5 GHz, as compared to 3.7 stock).
 Not home atm so can't post pictures of my current PC, will do later but it's not a sight to behold anyways.
Bind us all together,
ablaze with hope and free;
 No storm or heavy weather,
will rock the boat, you'll see;
 The time has come to close your eyes,
and still the wind and rain..

Shay

• Donator
  • Its better to try and fail, than fail to try!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 10:20:08 AM »
ewwww pentium -_- :P
I believe success is earned by failure, one who has never failed, has never tried <3
الفشل يؤدي إلى النجاح!

Jzargo

• #smokesk00maeveryday
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 10:44:23 AM »
The G3258 is overclockable, and people have got it as high as 4.9 GHz - with such a high frequency, it could annihilate even i5s when it comes to single threaded performance.
Bind us all together,

Epicnata

• Donator
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 10:53:16 AM »
i see nerds, nerds everywhere
An object cannot make you good or evil. The temptation of power, forbidden knowledge, eve the desire to do good can lead some down that path/. But only you can change yourself

Shay

• Donator
  • Its better to try and fail, than fail to try!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 11:58:48 AM »
Its called knowledge, which i have very little of..
I believe success is earned by failure, one who has never failed, has never tried <3
الفشل يؤدي إلى النجاح!

RNTenant

• View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 08:52:19 PM »
   Hello everyone. This is SuperSonic14045 speaking.

My current and only computer is a very old (and bad) laptop. Its specifics are available on an HTML file attached to this reply. In case you cannot see it, it is an Acer Aspire 1650.
   Now, in the near future, I will be building an entire desktop spec, complete with monitor, keyboard and mouse. Here are the components I will be using:
Component type   Component nameP/N (part number)Estimated price
CaseTacens Mars Gaming MC0MC0€21,90
PSUZalman TX-Series 500W - 80PLUSZM500-TX€44,90
MotherboardASRock H81M-HDS R2.0 Intel H81 SK115090-MXGX80-A0UAYZ€54,90
RAMCrucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 2x4GB 1600MHz Cas9BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00   €35,90
CPUIntel Core i3 4170 3.6GHzBX80646I34170€115,90
CPU CoolerRaijintek Aidos Heatpipe CPU Cooler - 92mm0P105246€21,90
GPUXFX R7 360 DD Core Edition 2GB GDDR5R7-360P-2DF5€119,90
Case fanNox Knik 80mmNOXKNIK80MM€3,90
SSDOCZ Trion 150 SSD 2.5 SATA III 120GBTRN150-25SAT3-120G€50,90
Keyboard/Mouse1Life blitz Combo Gaming Keyboard + Mouse1IFEBLITZCOMBO€22,90
MonitorSamsung LED LS22D300HY 5msLS22D300HY/EN€113,90
Wireless USBTP-LINK Nano-Wireless N USB Adapter 150Mbps TL-WN725N   TL-WN725N€7,90
Estimated Total€614,80

If successful, this will have been my first complete and successful build (and my first attempt nonetheless). If you are wondering why a wireless USB drive is included, it is because I will not be able to use cable connection due to the fact that the desktop and the internet router will be in different divisions of the house. All of the price estimates are from the very same website (which I will not be mentioning).

On another note to Darkshadow1001 (TNT): The i3 6300's socket is 1151, so you won't be able to upgrade to it with your current motherboard. My suggestion was bad.

EDIT: I hadn't noticed I chose an ATX PSU for a Micro-ATX spec (silly mistake), so I removed it. I will choose the PSU only when I buy the entire spec (I can ask at the store which would be the best match for it). Also, I will be adding to the spec a different CPU cooler to use instead of the one that comes with the processor and one/two heat dissipation case fan(s). Those are still undecided and will be added to the spec soon enough.
   EDIT 2: CPU cooler and case fan added. The motherboard in this future spec might end up being replaced with the ASRock H81M-HDS R2.0 Intel H81 SK1150 (part number 90-MXGX80-A0UAYZ) due to a conflict with USB cables. If this does happen, only one case fan will be used. Motherboard ultimately changed to the ASRock H81M-HDS R 2.0.
   EDIT 3: Monitor changed to the Asus LED VS228NE for undiscussable reasons.
   EDIT 4: Added PSU. The spec hasn't been bought yet but I was able to see that regular-sized PSUs were compatible with the case (thank you 3d modeling for allowing me to measure). I ended up choosing this one over my original choice as it has 80+ certification, active PFC instead of passive and far greater upgradability so I can keep it for far longer.
   EDIT 5: Monitor changed to the Samsung LED LS22D300HY. No more DVI limitations for this guy!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:35:58 PM by SuperSonic14045 »

Dankshadow1001

• Donator
  • R.I.P Lionmart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 09:11:34 PM »
Seems like you will end up with quite the machine Sonic. Also i wouldn't call the suggestion bad,i have found i3's with 1150's at reasonable prices that seem great.

Jzargo

• #smokesk00maeveryday
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 09:29:56 PM »
Yeah, that's an awesome super-budget build you put there! I'd rather go with a Pentium G3258 and spend a lil more on the GPU, but the i3 gives you headroom for a GPU upgrade later.

P.S. i3 6300 is a bad value CPU, it's literally a 6100 with a 3% performance boost and 30$ more strapped to the price tag.
Bind us all together,

s10469047

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 12:25:49 AM »
Lol, My PC (laptop) is a really budget one, but still surprisingly works great with Minecraft (usually 25-30 fps). Its an HP Stream 11 (US) 2015 Edition with these specs.
2GB RAM
1.6 GhZ of Processing Speed
Intel Celeron Baytrail Processor
2.23 GB of Virtual Memory (added to the other 2GB, so 4.23 GB total)
32 GB of ROM
Note: This laptop cannot be upgradeable, which is the only thing that sucks.

Overall its great for my needs, as I am an eighth grader with only needs are homework (writing essays, online MathXL, etc.)And playing light games such as Minecraft, Rush Team, etc. This laptop is only $199US, so good deal to be honest. Its so funny that most people I see playing Minecraft use giant i3,i5,or i7 processors while im sitting here using a celeron processor (less than a pentium) and light gaming needs are fine. Also youtubing and Photoshop work surprisingly great as well.

As I showed on the top, My Frames Per Second (fps) are around 25-30 (average), (medium settings), and people think 30 fps is bad. The human eye can only see up to 30fps.

Jzargo

• #smokesk00maeveryday
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 12:52:08 AM »
The human eye can only see up to 30fps

Alright, here is proper argumentation, although there's SO much wrong with this statement that I just can't fit enough words here:

Humans' eyesight CANNOT be measured in Frames Per Second due to the way we see. Our eyes have millions of tiny sensors which deploy an electric signal when an array of photons hits any and each of the sensors. The sensors only send a signal if there is light to detect, therefore in an absolutely ideal and dark condition the brain would get no information from the eyes at all. Now, if you plug off the DVI or HDMI port of your monitor from your video card, it will still work and display its default refresh rate (60 Hz usually, or, as you say, FPS). It would simply display a black screen, as opposed to nothing.
 There have been tests and experiments conducted by the military and civilian medical personnel alike. They have found that the regular person sees pulsating lights at 200-300 Hertz, which equals to 200-300 "FPS" as you say. HOWEVER, humans are not limited by how fast the eyes "see", the limit is imposed by how the brain processes the information. The eyes' latency is around 15 nanoseconds, which is approximately 1/10000000th of a second, or ~70000000 "FPS" (I did the math). You may have noticed that sometimes, for instance when falling or during an adrenaline rush, time seems to move in slow motion. That is because your brain is working at maximum capacity in life-endangering conditions.
 Another simple thing you could do is go to a friend who has a gaming PC and bring along your laptop. Play Minecraft on both of them and there's no way you aren't going to see a difference because it's between day and night. For many games, 30 FPS is barely playable (mainly FPS games). Minecraft does not require smoothness as much as those so gameplay is still decent at low FPS (I used to game on a low-end laptop too).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:01:04 PM by J'zargo »
Bind us all together,

ZwemmendeBoom

• i'll be back
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 09:33:26 AM »
The human eye can only see up to 30fps.

enderaptor

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 11:45:37 AM »
identifiying console peasant
The human eye can only see up to 30fps.

yep that's a console peasant
There is only one thing that makes a dream impossble to achieve: The fear of failure.