Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Pokemon Tabletop United: Muevis (Tabletop gaming)  (Read 2484 times)

Aureus Lunae

• Donator
  • An arrow of the Moonbow
    • View Profile
Pokemon Tabletop United: Muevis (Tabletop gaming)
« on: June 23, 2016, 06:52:09 PM »
Last time, I tried to get DnD up, but people had a terrible schedule for it. So instead, a friend of mine suggested to do Play by Post (PbP). She is willing to host a pokemon tabletop games called Pokemon Tabletop United. The world shall be set in the medieval ages.

Pokemon Tabletop United and Campaign
What is PTU? It is a Pokemon tabletop game, like DnD, but with Pokemon. It is easier to learn and master. Unlike DnD, this one use a lot of D6's for skill rolls. The damage is less random, and combat is sometimes slower.

What we will do, how the world exist, can be found here.

You can get the source files here.

How and when will we play?
We will be doing this by PbP. This has several advantages, due our bad schedules. Meaning everyone can play. Init order is messed up, but we will post our actions in combat not in the order of init, but as soon as you can post, of both your trainer and Pokemon.

We shall be playing this on Pokemon Tabletop By Post. This has all we need, and we can get a subforum for it. The biggest reason for this, is for the dice rolls and whispers.

Signup
You can sign up for it by stating it here. We have room for 4 players excluding me, but more is also possible. You can create a part of the world in your background if you wish.

I will be using a former character I have made for PTU, called Melody von Hohenheim, a Wind Runner and Sage. The campaign was kinda the same, set in the same period, but ended way too soon.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:53:46 PM by Aureus Lunae »
Part of The Hosters

There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentleman.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

So don't mess with me!

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Tabletop United: Muevis (Tabletop gaming)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 06:58:50 PM »
I would like to try it out too. I never played Pokemon, is that bad?

Also, I'm assuming there's no need to voice chat, right?
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

Aureus Lunae

• Donator
  • An arrow of the Moonbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 07:01:26 PM »
Not at all. This is different than from Pokemon games. A lot different. Here, if you want and have a Power that is high enough, can even throw a Snorlax off the cliff. Or throw fireballs yourself. It is even possible to change the typings of a Pokemon.

Since we use PbP, no voice chat is needed. However, skype is useful to keep discussions and OoC chat. Also to remind people to post, and keep motivation up.
Part of The Hosters

There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentleman.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

So don't mess with me!

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 09:27:12 PM »
I would like to try it out so I can bully migas :)

enderaptor

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 01:38:36 PM »
nice o: sign me in!
There is only one thing that makes a dream impossble to achieve: The fear of failure.